Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blkbigdog35

Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

98 posts in this topic

Yeah would really be nice to see the big man develop. I can't get over NBA not showing the hawks, they have been showing everyone else, smh!

I tell you what though. The big man got a jump shot, and a hook shot.

One thing I love about the hawks is that we are building talent for the future. I just wish we were better at picking first round picks like it seems we are able to do with second round picks.

One thing I love about the hawks is that we are building talent for the future. I just wish we were better at picking first round picks like it seems we are able to do with second round picks.

Think the problem is that the guy we REALLY wanted was gone.

That's the thing about rumors cause if I remember correctly during Draft night I think we tried to move up for Kaminsky, but then you realize the draft didn't go as expected.

In fact Kaminsky by all purposes wasn't even supposed to be Top 10.

I tell you what though. The big man got a jump shot, and a hook shot.

No doubt and the more PT he gets right now, training camp and preseason is going to greatly benefit the roster.

Think the problem is that the guy we REALLY wanted was gone.

That's the thing about rumors cause if I remember correctly during Draft night I think we tried to move up for Kaminsky, but then you realize the draft didn't go as expected.

In fact Kaminsky by all purposes wasn't even supposed to be Top 10.

I was talking more about the past few drafts and not necessarily this draft. I was actually pretty happy with this draft given that it was obvious we did not get the guy we wanted and that we were trying to save money to sign DMC and Millsap, even if that did not end up happening. It has not affected us terrible yet, but I do think being poor first round drafted will end up biting us, if it continues. Now we got young guys like Schroeder, Hardaway, Holiday, Tavares, Muscala, etc that we can coach up and utilize for the future.

I was talking more about the past few drafts and not necessarily this draft. I was actually pretty happy with this draft given that it was obvious we did not get the guy we wanted and that we were trying to save money to sign DMC and Millsap, even if that did not end up happening. It has not affected us terrible yet, but I do think being poor first round drafted will end up biting us, if it continues. Now we got young guys like Schroeder, Hardaway, Holiday, Tavares, Muscala, etc that we can coach up and utilize for the future.

The problem is those guys we did Draft the only bad prospect so to speak was Bebe who's now in Toronto.

The Adrian Payne pick not working that pick was highly praised at the time it was made because it was what it was basically BPA(Best Pick Avaliable).

Also the fact that you got Edy, Moose, Schroder, and a couple of others Danny Ferry isn't TD at least not yet, and we don't know still what happens if he stays.

If this works out then him leaving is okay, but if it doesn't this could backfire extremely quickly. Unless this roster puts us back in ECF territory or close...........man just saying.

Brandon Ashley has to make this someway, somehow

He may take that other spot most likely I was keeping my eye on him, Moose, Edy, and Patterson plus two other guys.

Sadly no we should though lol.

Well ****,..Holt, Petteway (sp?) and GRIII all show some promise and we only have one spot left.

Moose and Tavares have me excited for the future

The best part is that we got them at #44 and #43. That's the scouting department getting it done.

The best part is that we got them at #44 and #43. That's the scouting department getting it done.

Remember those are DF's picks too again people banging the drum of Payne/Bebe being bad, but forget about these other guys that we've acquired or kept etc.

DF is no TD as of right now in my mind.

Report: Petteway impressing Hawks this summer

• ESPN.com

Terran Petteway, the 6-foot-6 guard/forward out of Nebraska, is playing for an invitation to the Atlanta Hawks training camp.

Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution writes that the Hawks should consider a wing player to fill in a roster spot, which makes Petteway play like there's no tomorrow.

“I just play every game like it’s my last,” Petteway said. “That’s my mindset. After this, I might not be playing basketball anymore. I just try to come out here and be loose but at the same time my intensity is through the roof. I try to come out with a solid game night in and night out.”

Petteway has averaged 10 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game in five games (four starts) for the Hawks in Las Vegas.

FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR FINAL FOUR

ATL_DirtyBirds likes this

I watched our game against DAL end to end yesterday, and I gotta say I love both GRIII and Petteway. Shame we only have one roster spot.

I watched our game against DAL end to end yesterday, and I gotta say I love both GRIII and Petteway. Shame we only have one roster spot.

No doubt maybe we move someone to make room.