Do You Consider The People That Post Here Friends?

It occurred to me last night that I consider many of you on here as my friends.

I was asking my wife how she would respond to Grrrillapmpn Inc.®'s post last night and she said "What kind of question is that". I got the impression that she thought it was some race baiting question posted by some white dude......so I said "No, he is black himself and a pretty outstanding guy. He is in education". It was then that I realized I was describing a friend and not some random dude.

There are lots of people on here that I like and it is not limited to the people whose politics or religious views I agree with. A couple of good examples are Steve and MDrake, two guys that seem to be on the opposite side of every argument. I like both of those guys and consider them efriends. Another example is Cappy, who I understand is somewhat opposed to Christianity, even though I am deeply spiritual myself, I still find Cappy to be a great guy and really entertaining.

I have enjoyed the heck out of talking comics with ya_boi_j, Shot, atlfalcon, Biloxi, Statick, Green Ranger amongst others.

Monarch was always a favorite of mine from way back. Even though he doesn't come around a lot now. He, PP, and Boyfalcon were the most entertaining posters in the history of this board.

Regular Guy named himself very well. I consider him a friend.

KOG is most certainly the most thoughtful guy on this board and an instrument of Christ to us all. JDave.....Thanks man for your contribution.

Props to all the guys that make MDrakes thread what it is. Falconman, Vogelgryf, Mookie, Tuggle, FalconsD56, Nono, Slamee, Dago, etc... Sometimes I just come here to go to that thread. Laughter is the best medicine.

Toadfishtom, WFW, Biloxi who I had mentioned previously, and New Falcon. I feel a kind of kindred old guy thing with all of you. You all seem like a great bunch of guys

Goal Line D and our Cartersville roots.....

The Great American is indeed a great American.

Mono is my favorite Mormon.

Sorry if I have made this thread mushy but it was just something that occurred to me and I had to share it. The sucky thing about a thread like this is you forget a lot of people you like and I'm sorry I can not mention you all.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do as well. I've met some of them, talked to a few on the phone or otherwise interacted on Facebook or texts, etc Just to clarify I'm not "opposed to Christianity" as I do see some wonderful acts of kindness done and do believe there's very beneficial aspects of the teachings (see my enthusiasm for Dave Ramsey). A truer position would be that I'm just not convinced it's factual. If you all knew how much time I think about the subject of if there's a God or no God, you'd think I was crazy (and yes, I'm sure some already think that...lol)...

Yes, I do as well. I've met some of them, talked to a few on the phone or otherwise interacted on Facebook or texts, etc Just to clarify I'm not "opposed to Christianity" as I do see some wonderful acts of kindness done and do believe there's very beneficial aspects of the teachings (see my enthusiasm for Dave Ramsey). A truer position would be that I'm just not convinced it's factual. If you all knew how much time I think about the subject of if there's a God or no God, you'd think I was crazy (and yes, I'm sure some already think that...lol)...

I hope that didn't offend you I kind of meant to compliment you on the fact that you seem like a really good guy though we don't share the same beliefs.

I've met 3 people on the boards here in RL. Those are the only ones I would consider 'friends'. You never really know someone unless you meet them face to face IMO.

I see many people face to face every day that I converse less with than you guys. I'm not talking about people I dislike or anything...I'm just saying I know many of you better than people I see every day because I do not have a lot of dialog with those people.

I consider everyone that I take the time to respond to and conversate with, whether it's good or bad, a friend on this site. If I don't respond to ya or take time to engage in convo, I either don't **** with ya or not trying to **** with ya.

Most, absolutely. Obviously, some better than others. I have met several of you in real life, and I consider holymoses to be among my closest friends. And even several of those I have not (yet) met I still count among my friends. I have both helped people on this site and been helped by people on this site. It is, for the most part, a really good group of people.

Most, absolutely. Obviously, some better than others. I have met several of you in real life, and I consider holymoses to be among my closest friends. And even several of those I have not (yet) met I still count among my friends. I have both helped people on this site and been helped by people on this site. It is, for the most part, a really good group of people.

so....how bout some pro bono (no homo NTTAWWT) legal work for a friend?

I've only met three people on this board face to face (one being my actual brother, who hasn't posted on this site in dam near 15 years), but yes I do consider some here as friends. This site has always been a release for me, and to be very honest, it provides a place where I can kick back, relax, and be free (I've said many times before, I'm straight laced, by the book in real life, almost nothing like my board persona) and talk amongst friends. There are too many people to list (I know I'll miss some), but there are some that I have to list: Statick (we've been here a long time bro, still have much love and respect for you), J (my other son), Summer, True 7, Swift, Bluedevil/Drake (seems as if I watched you grow up on the board), Snake, KoG, Slammee (fellow HBCU grad), BO, Ol' Man (yep, WFW), Julian, (boy, you REALLY grew up on the board), Lost One (really good brother! I like your thought process. Wish you nothing but the best), GP, IBM (yeah boy, I know you're still here , what do you know about Bruce Ave. on SSI? Thinking about purchasing a property there.), HM, Shot (bro, I love your film and book reviews), JDave, Cappy, Flip, Mookie, RG (you open that restaurant, let a brother know the address), Ramen, Mono, Jp (really appreciate how you let us operate over here, much love), Brock, Cnasty, JY (I think I have named every Lawyer on this board laugh.png ), Free, Poetx99.............and a bunch of other old heads that escape me right now. Anyway, much love, and you're my extended family.

The list of mf'ers I can't stand on this board is even longer (and I've been here from almost the beginning)....................................

Edit: How in the he!! did I forget, mister Buick Riviera drivin' Dago?? Forgive me. And what was/is the name of the guy that wanted to meet Snake at the dojo (his name escape me too, but he is a cool azz person too)? Now I remember Mojo.

Edit #2: How in the he!! did I ever miss adding BiloxiFalcon. Bro, that was a real brain fart! Also, Kicker23, and D56 and Gritz!

Friends are hard to come by..........."kindred old guy thing"

Are you into role playing ?

Lol

Well...let me put a different way.laugh.png

There is something about conversing with people who came up in your era and shared some of the same experiences. We tend to migrate to the same threads and say I see what you did there often.

Yes I do.

I've only met one poster from here in real life and they helped my wife through a legal matter. Knowing them from reading their posts for the last ten years or so made the whole process a lot easier. Kind of gave me a different outlook on the board once the board actually contributed to helping me in real life.

I am flattered that I was mentioned a few times.

I would not say I consider people friends persay but I do know when I read stuff that people post that is personal I certainly get feels.

Like I genuinely am happy for MDrake for buying a new home and getting a dish washer. When we thought PP was legit sick I felt for him.

Even snake....when I heard about his eye I was upset for him.

I was sad to hear about HM issue he had with his wife and Deal but was genuinely elated to hear of their victory in court.

So while I do not consider people friends I genuinely care about most people that post here and would sit down and have a beer or 5 and talk football and music with just anyone here. We have enough guitar players here where I think a group jam would be freaking epic.

Guest Regular Guy

Yep, you're my friends for sure. I am glad you brought this up Flip! Without the first person saying it, the rest may not have followed! Andrews, if and when I do open up a place, you'll get an invite for sure wink.png

Flip, thanks for the compliment as well. I try to be just what I am in real life. Nothing special, just a laid back dude as long as people will allow it that is, lol.

Much love to you all!

I am flattered that I was mentioned a few times.

I would not say I consider people friends persay but I do know when I read stuff that people post that is personal I certainly get feels.

Like I genuinely am happy for MDrake for buying a new home and getting a dish washer. When we thought PP was legit sick I felt for him.

Even snake....when I heard about his eye I was upset for him.

I was sad to hear about HM issue he had with his wife and Deal but was genuinely elated to hear of their victory in court.

So while I do not consider people friends I genuinely care about most people that post here and would sit down and have a beer or 5 and talk football and music with just anyone here. We have enough guitar players here where I think a group jam would be freaking epic.

I felt legitimately bad for PP when he said he was sick too, even told my wife about it. She thought it was pretty weird.

I didn't tell her he faked his death online and pretended to be his foul mouthed niece. That would have been a bit much for her.

I felt legitimately bad for PP when he said he was sick too, even told my wife about it. She thought it was pretty weird.

I didn't tell her he faked his death online and pretended to be his foul mouthed niece. That would have been a bit much for her.

Yeah that was just .......weird so so weird