Shannahan's record:

8-8 Houston Texans

9-7 Houston Texans

5-11 Washington Redskins

6-10 Washington Redskins

10-6 Washington Redskins

3-13 Washington Redskins

7-9 Cleveland Browns

This dude is a juggernaut. This dude is garbage and is only in the NFL becasue of his dad.

Attributing W/L to an OC is a new low in logic.

Shanahan's real record:

fdOKWkX.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To further elabote. The following are Shannahans offenses. In rank based on total yards/touchdowns.

2008- 3rd in total yard/18th in touchdowns

2009- 4th in total yards/9th in touchdowns

2010- 18th in total yards/25th in touchdowns

2011- 16th in total yards/27th in touchdowns

2012- 5th in total yards/5th in touchdowns

2013- 9th in total yards/21st in touchdowns

2014- 23rd in total yards/26th in touchdowns

What does this tell you? This dude can not get it done in schemeing in the red zone. The numbers dont lie. Touchdowns win football games not yards. He is in the bottom half of the NFL in 5 of his 7 season in producing TOUCHDOWNS. No one cares if you can run between the 20s.

Edited by peterpiper

To further elabote. The following are Shannahans offenses. In rank based on total yards/touchdowns.

What does this tell you? This dude can not get it done in schemeing in the red zone. The numbers dont lie.

Please o' wise one, tell us what you'd of done with the piss poor weapons he had

I dont see how someone who has been fired form three other NFL teams can be considered underrated. I can see how he could be considered driftwood but not underrated. Shannahan has NO record of success anywhere in the NFL and was horrible hire. He is not better than the piece of garbage we just got rid of. ESPN has the worst sports reporters in the nation.

You know, I've given up pulling old posts when the poster has been proven completely wrong [only exception being when someone insists they are never wrong], but I'm saving this one for later.

I'm guessing you probably won't be here at the end of the season, but on the off chance you are, I'm bringing this one back up.

What does this tell you? This dude can not get it done in schemeing in the red zone. The numbers dont lie. Touchdowns win football games not yards. He is in the bottom half of the NFL in 5 of his 7 season in producing TOUCHDOWNS. No one cares if you can run between the 20s.

I've always been of the mind that Red Zone play is much more weighted on the players than the play design, but I'll give you that.

SHANAHAN’S RED ZONE NUMBERS 2008-14

Year — Rank — Percentage — Team

08 – 26th – 45.90 – Houston

09 – 12th – 52.38 – Houston

10 – 19th – 51.16 – Washington

11 – 29th – 41.18 – Washington

12 – 4th – 60.38 – Washington

13 – 20th (tied) – 52 – Washington

14 – 24th – 48.99 – Cleveland

That's his actual Red Zone numbers.

I LOL at this year's haters. A year ago, we had a crop of tools that darn nearly ran most of us out of here by turning every single thread into an opportunity to trash the quarterback, coach, or team. Even threads about other people became anti-Matt Ryan threads. This guy next to them is like near beer after a night fueled by 181 proof rum.

Have you hugged Tug today?

I wish I could start topics, otherwise I would have posted this as a new thread. However, I can't probably because I don't post here enough. I do read this forums like the newspaper though.

Anyway, I found this article to be a great compliment to this post. I don't mind if someone else takes this article and creates a new thread. I just want people to see it. It shows how Shanahan utilized Josh Gordon in his comeback game (against us). It gives you an idea of how Julio Jones will fare in 2015 in this system.

http://nflbreakdowns.com/josh-gordon-return-atlanta/

Excellent. Thank you.

When posters have an unpopular opinion, just disregard it. They will not change their minds no matter what.

This. And when you want to beef, do it through PMs instead of derailing a thread with a bunch of personal attacks. If it's that important, then you can take it offline.

Attributing W/L to an OC is a new low in logic.

Shanahan's real record:

fdOKWkX.jpg

Good post. Also, in the three seasons outside of the top 10, his QBs were a washed-up McNabb, Rex Grossman, John Beck, Brian Hoyer, and Johnny Manziel. Honestly, even the poorer seasons look pretty good considering it was those QBs.

That would be having a true running game.

Oh I know and agree, I was just saying that a lower completion percentage due to more deep attempts is perfectly fine. I'll take a 61-63 percent completion percentage if it means getting that SS out of the box

This is just so much bad analysis. Soooooo bad.

Shannahan's record:

8-8 Houston Texans

9-7 Houston Texans

5-11 Washington Redskins

6-10 Washington Redskins

10-6 Washington Redskins

3-13 Washington Redskins

7-9 Cleveland Browns

This dude is a juggernaut. This dude is garbage and is only in the NFL becasue of his dad.

Matt Shaub

Matt Shaub

RGIII/journeyman

RGIII/journeyman

RGIII/journeyman

RGIII/journeyman

Brian Hoyer/Johnny Manziel

Counselor, I rest my case.

he had absolutely nothing in Cleveland for a while and adapted pretty well. one thing Cleveland did have was a pretty stout O-line. if our O-line improves enough to get a descent run game going and gives Matt adequate protection, this offense could be scary good.

But they also had Alex Mack who is a top 3-5 Center go on IR after week 5 i believe. Thats a huge blow to the O line.