Falcons Should Sign Jason Pierre-Paul

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. Or maybe previous generations were just as dumb but there wasn't as much opportunity to see it without the internet.

Internet or not - we knew and yeah - there have been senseless tragedies.

Andre Rison's girlfriend, Left Eye Lopes, burned his house (understatement) down because he bought himself shoes but didn't buy her any. So she set his shoes on fire in the tub and while she went out to beat the windows out of his cars, the house burned down.

David Croudip died of an overdose of cocaine

We had 2 players die in car accidents in a few weeks back in 1989 - during the season - one fell asleep driving and ran into a tree and the other one took the car out on the ice and got hit by a truck. The guy that got hit by the truck was out of the car - and not only that - but another player was with him that we just let go - and he was killed too.

Way back right after the Falcons started - can't remember the exact year, we had a player die in a motorcycle accident while not wearing a helmet - fractured his skull.

We had a team president fired because he had children out of wedlock he stopped paying for - and the news got out and his wife left him and a big scandal happened. He was the owner's kid - and his brother took over. That was way back in the early 80's.

And of course there is more -

But as a fan - you know - internet or not.

No - the first knuckle is the knuckle closest to the hand - the big one. A ray resection is to the first knuckle - means he lost the entire finger - not just a third of it.

Rotoworld said the same thing about the "first knuckle" but then referenced a few players who are still playing with only the tip of their finger gone. I took this to mean that it was only the tip. They seemed to have been suggesting that.

Rotoworld said the same thing about the "first knuckle" but then referenced a few players who are still playing with only the tip of their finger gone. I took this to mean that it was only the tip. They seemed to have been suggesting that.

They probably misunderstood. According to the medical document that Schefter released - he lost the whole finger.

Man blows off fingers with fire works may have ruined his career

Man kills himself by lighting fireworks on his head

Woman doesn't know coffee is hot and sues McDonald's

Watch Americas dumbest criminals

Watch YouTube

Do a poll on random but important facts like who is the president or what does July 4th mean. It's probably the dumbest generation ever. The sad part is we have access to more information than we ever had. But just too lazy to look it up.

The McDonalds coffee case was wildly misreported. Also, that woman was not of this current younger generation.

Other than that, yeah, kids today are prone to idiocy. Kids of yesteryear were just prone to different types of idiocy.

Internet or not - we knew and yeah - there have been senseless tragedies.

Andre Rison's girlfriend, Left Eye Lopes, burned his house (understatement) down because he bought himself shoes but didn't buy her any. So she set his shoes on fire in the tub and while she went out to beat the windows out of his cars, the house burned down.

David Croudip died of an overdose of cocaine

We had 2 players die in car accidents in a few weeks back in 1989 - during the season - one fell asleep driving and ran into a tree and the other one took the car out on the ice and got hit by a truck. The guy that got hit by the truck was out of the car - and not only that - but another player was with him that we just let go - and he was killed too.

Way back right after the Falcons started - can't remember the exact year, we had a player die in a motorcycle accident while not wearing a helmet - fractured his skull.

We had a team president fired because he had children out of wedlock he stopped paying for - and the news got out and his wife left him and a big scandal happened. He was the owner's kid - and his brother took over. That was way back in the early 80's.

And of course there is more -

But as a fan - you know - internet or not.

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm still new to the sport, so you will have to excuse my ignorance. :D

Watch YouTube

Do a poll on random but important facts like who is the president or what does July 4th mean. It's probably the dumbest generation ever. The sad part is we have access to more information than we ever had. But just too lazy to look it up.

She was elderly. So, yeah, doesn't support your argument.

If you're going to argue that this generation, with the greatest access to education and information in the history of mankind, is dumber than previous generations, well . . .

This is somewhat true but out of context. The woman received 3rd degree burns from the coffee because it was actually too hot (McDonald's manual at the time required 180-190 degrees. Keep in mind water boils at 212) to be served (a complaint they received and documented hundreds of times before and ignored). She only asked for $20,000 to cover medical expenses and lost income (she was not represented, she wanted to settle it and be done). McDonald's offered $800. The case had to then go to trial. The jury actually found the woman partially responsible, but since McDonald's had received so many prior complaints, they sent them a message and awarded her $3 million for being unsafe. That was then cut by 80% by the judge. It was then settled out of court.

The woman was being reasonable. She HAD to sue to try to recoup med expenses. The end result was the stupidity of McDonald's letting the thing go to a jury trial. This spawned a new wave of opportunistic jerks who think when they stub their toe in your parking lot that you owe them a zillion dollars.

Sorry, I work in claims.

Watch YouTube

You should read the facts of the McDonald's case before taking the media's account of it being a frivolous lawsuit.
Guest facelessman07

When the **** did we get ice cream?!

It's 5'oclock on a thaturdaaay!

I haven't even thought ab that movie in years lol

I'll never forget when I saw it in theaters

The scene where Stavi is mowing the lawn and the mower gets clogged, so he reaches his hand down to clear it, I lost my ****. Laughed so hard during that scene

This is somewhat true but out of context. The woman received 3rd degree burns from the coffee because it was actually too hot (McDonald's manual at the time required 180-190 degrees. Keep in mind water boils at 212) to be served (a complaint they received and documented hundreds of times before and ignored). She only asked for $20,000 to cover medical expenses and lost income (she was not represented, she wanted to settle it and be done). McDonald's offered $800. The case had to then go to trial. The jury actually found the woman partially responsible, but since McDonald's had received so many prior complaints, they sent them a message and awarded her $3 million for being unsafe. That was then cut by 80% by the judge. It was then settled out of court.

The woman was being reasonable. She HAD to sue to try to recoup med expenses. The end result was the stupidity of McDonald's letting the thing go to a jury trial. This spawned a new wave of opportunistic jerks who think when they stub their toe in your parking lot that you owe them a zillion dollars.

Sorry, I work in claims.

There's a fantastic documentary that originally aired on HBO, "Hot Coffee," which features this case and three other cases, and illustrates the effects of tort reform. It sheds a lot of light on the coffee case.

Google the pictures of her burns, they're horrendous. I'm insurance defense, but insurance exists for true injuries like she suffered (provided there is fault, of course).

BTW, to the extent we're arguing with worzone about this, we're assuming he's a rational human being. He's not. Take a glance in ABF if you don't believe me.