Falcons Should Sign Jason Pierre-Paul

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read some comments that suggested that losing his index finger isn't as bad as it could be for his hand strength.

Their example: Clench your fist without your index finger. Now, clench your fist without your pinky.

Apparently, a lot of hand strength is in your other fingers. I don't really have a point, but I thought it was interesting.

I've read some comments that suggested that losing his index finger isn't as bad as it could be for his hand strength.

Their example: Clench your fist without your index finger. Now, clench your fist without your pinky.

Apparently, a lot of hand strength is in your other fingers. I don't really have a point, but I thought it was interesting.

Neither does JPP.

Geez, it's awful that the man lost his finger over a careless, senseless accident. Not only that, but C J Wilson lost 2 fingers in a similar accident. His career is probably over - because the Bucs aren't under any obligation to him - at least that's what I heard.

I hope they both recover - and recover their careers.

Sad.

Geez, it's awful that the man lost his finger over a careless, senseless accident. Not only that, but C J Wilson lost 2 fingers in a similar accident. His career is probably over - because the Bucs aren't under any obligation to him - at least that's what I heard.

I hope they both recover - and recover their careers.

Sad.

Just stupid! I heard a guy died because he set off a firework off the top of his head! What in the world are these people thinking? Oh wait, they're not thinking!

I know from personal experience that losing even part of a finger can be very challenging for a football player. One of my college teammates lost half of his index finger to a wood chipper and it took him a solid year to get 100% healthy/pain free to play football. Even at that rate though if he was hit directly/indirectly near that finger the pain was horrible for him. Now I'm sure JPP is a far superior athlete and has access to some great pads/gloves/pain pills but it's not easy to bounce back from an injury like this and play like you used to.

Just stupid! I heard a guy died because he set off a firework off the top of his head! What in the world are these people thinking? Oh wait, they're not thinking!

Incredibly senseless and tragic. We do shoot off fireworks in our yard every year. We have 40+ acres of land and no near neighbors. We have a cleared area we use and our family and friends come over. We put down plywood on a level area and we prepare the fireworks ahead of time to be sure the fuses are good and long enough. We use those "long" lighters with the safety trigger to light them - and everyone is far enough from the fireworks to be safe. The designated "lighter" for the year (it's an honor in my family tongue.png ) is not allowed to drink alcohol until after the fireworks are done.

We have an extremely great time and the fireworks are amazing. It's a big deal for my family - we barbecue, shoot off fireworks and have a lot of fun.

We have no less fun by being aware of the potential danger and taking proper precautions. It's an incredible event we do every year. And every year, (knock on wood), I send my family and friends home intact (after they are sober).

I just don't get the thrill behind letting someone with impaired judgment from drink or other means be careless and foolish with something that can change your life in an instant.

Just like I wouldn't let a single family member or friend get in a vehicle while impaired, play with guns, weapons or other potentially lethal items, I would never let them handle fireworks.

Incredibly senseless and tragic. We do shoot off fireworks in our yard every year. We have 40+ acres of land and no near neighbors. We have a cleared area we use and our family and friends come over. We put down plywood on a level area and we prepare the fireworks ahead of time to be sure the fuses are good and long enough. We use those "long" lighters with the safety trigger to light them - and everyone is far enough from the fireworks to be safe. The designated "lighter" for the year (it's an honor in my family tongue.png ) is not allowed to drink alcohol until after the fireworks are done.

We have an extremely great time and the fireworks are amazing. It's a big deal for my family - we barbecue, shoot off fireworks and have a lot of fun.

We have no less fun by being aware of the potential danger and taking proper precautions. It's an incredible event we do every year. And every year, (knock on wood), I send my family and friends home intact (after they are sober).

I just don't get the thrill behind letting someone with impaired judgment from drink or other means be careless and foolish with something that can change your life in an instant.

Just like I wouldn't let a single family member or friend get in a vehicle while impaired, play with guns, weapons or other potentially lethal items, I would never let them handle fireworks.

Can I come to your house next 4th of July :P haha

Keep in mind, the exact report is that he had it amputated up to the knuckle, so it's only the first part of three, of his pointer finger, though he does also have a broken thumb. Also, he could have chosen to not have it amputated, but did so, to speed up recovery.

Keep in mind, the exact report is that he had it amputated up to the knuckle, so it's only the first part of three, of his pointer finger, though he does also have a broken thumb. Also, he could have chosen to not have it amputated, but did so, to speed up recovery.

Broken thumb, which had pins inserted..... That's gonna hurt more than the finger recovery wise...

I thought this too at first when they said "first knuckle", but I saw these tweets from Jene Bramel (who knows his stuff when it comes to injuries):

I'm nearly certain "ray resection" means Pierre-Paul had entire finger down to knuckle joint amputated.

Jene Bramel @JeneBramel 17h17 hours ago

Confirmed. Amputation down through first knuckle.

Jene Bramel @JeneBramel 17h17 hours ago

I won't tweet the images, but you can Google ray resection finger and see possible outcome of hand. JPP has additional injuries, however.