Falcons Should Sign Jason Pierre-Paul

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crimson Falcon are you not violating the Code of Conduct for the Board?

-Off-topic material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication disrupts the dicussion including without limitation using fan names.

I am reporting you too. This thing where everyone can just take pot shots at some one on every conversation is over. Goes back to if you dont have anything nice to say............

He was at the franchise tender $14.8 million with the Giants. So we got the room. If the Giants rescind the franchise tag. Which again if they withdrew an offer I am sure his agent will be jockeying with the union on that franchise tag being lifted.

Lol, his Agent will be trying to get his client to miss out on 15 million dollars this year?

As others have said, he ISN'T a free agent. Would be nice, though. No doubt.

Nice? Didn't he prove last year that without all-pros sprinkled around him, that he's just pretty good? Not that "pretty good" wouldn't be an improvement from last year. Still, I'd rather roll with our revamped d-7. If we're going to blow a wad of cash on a fa, I would go with Mathis WAAAYYYY before JPP.

Remember that last year, before his ankle tightened up on him at halftime, Jake had shut JPP out entirely.

He isn't a free agent. They franchise tagged him all they did was withdraw the extension offer they had on the table.

now don't go bothering PeePee with the facts.....Just think of the Jack Nicholson scene in A Few Good Men, the court room scene with the general shouting 'you can't handle the truth'............now point that at good ole peter piper, and there ya go

I think it would revolve around agent trying to get him longer term deal. If Giants withdrew long term deal and agent knows he could go somewhere else and get long term deal then I am sure he would jockey to get franchise tag lifed. Like HJerry said in earlier post we will see by Juy 15th.

Crimson Falcon are you not violating the Code of Conduct for the Board?

-Off-topic material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication disrupts the dicussion including without limitation using fan names.

I am reporting you too. This thing where everyone can just take pot shots at some one on every conversation is over. Goes back to if you dont have anything nice to say............

Report this... You need help. Don't go away mad just go away.

Really???

That I did not know.

Why havent we signed Evan Mathis yet? Im sure we can fit a cap friendly contract within that amount of salary cap left.

we probably don't want to pay him 7mil/per. Everyone is waiting for the price to go down and Mathis is waiting for a team to come up to his price range at least until camps start.

we probably don't want to pay him 7mil/per. Everyone is waiting for the price to go down and Mathis is waiting for a team to come up to his price range at least until camps start.

No kidding, if I was a competent veteran Olineman like Mathis, I'd wait until someone has a training camp injury and will pay me me full price. Nothing to lose, if he ends up having to sign a cheaper deal, he's not getting paid until the season starts, he's losing nothing and avoiding 2 a days.

And, OP, topic is stupid and misleading.

now don't go bothering PeePee with the facts.....Just think of the Jack Nicholson scene in A Few Good Men, the court room scene with the general shouting 'you can't handle the truth'............now point that at good ole peter piper, and there ya go

Actually, Jack Nicholson's character isn't a general. He was Colonel Nathan R. Jessup.

Looks like somebody here has a hankerin for a ban...

I love that he edited his post in which he basically calls out my manhood because of my college. Then, he throws his own manhood out with:

Maybe I'll just report Return of the Gaucho and HJerry for their Clown Shoes and Idiot responses. Since that was their immediate response to a normal conversation.

Peter, you don't have normal conversations. You start topics either to create controversy or you start them with so little knowledge of the game of football that you look foolish. This thread is a perfect example. We couldn't sign JPP, he wasn't a FA. But you assumed he was because you didn't know better. Then your original post uses the misunderstood fact to take yet another run at the Falcons. Maybe clown shoes wasn't appropriate, but foolish and or trollish certainly is.

Also, you seem very concerned with my college degree, where do you want to go to college when you grow up?

No kidding, if I was a competent veteran Olineman like Mathis, I'd wait until someone has a training camp injury and will pay me me full price. Nothing to lose, if he ends up having to sign a cheaper deal, he's not getting paid until the season starts, he's losing nothing and avoiding 2 a days.

And, OP, topic is stupid and misleading.

The topic isn't misleading. Misinformed? Yes. Stupid? Absolutely. But no, not misleading. It accurately portrays the frame and the state of mind of the poster.

Nice? Didn't he prove last year that without all-pros sprinkled around him, that he's just pretty good? Not that "pretty good" wouldn't be an improvement from last year. Still, I'd rather roll with our revamped d-7. If we're going to blow a wad of cash on a fa, I would go with Mathis WAAAYYYY before JPP.

Remember that last year, before his ankle tightened up on him at halftime, Jake had shut JPP out entirely.

Eh. He got 12.5 sacks last year. That would be huge for us. Not saying I would pay him 14, but it's better than just "pretty good" I would say.

The topic isn't misleading. Misinformed? Yes. Stupid? Absolutely. But no, not misleading. It accurately portrays the frame and the state of mind of the poster.

Naah, OP assumes that JPP can be signed by the Falcons, title is misleading in the COC sense as well.

My assumption is that many here lie about their ages and are actually 14 years old, they certainly write & act as if they are.

Seriously you are one of the few that can correct one person while insulting another at the same time and it not be a direct insult. Good job.