Nothing Like A Little Double Standard -- Anti-Gun State Senator Pleads Guilty To Gun Running

JDaveG

"Known as a gun control advocate in the Legislature, Yee, 67, was also accused of offering — in exchange for campaign donations — to broker a major weapons sale between a gun dealer and an undercover agent claiming to be a member of the New Jersey mob.

“Do I think we can make some money? I think we can make some money,” the senator said, according to the complaint. “Do I think we can get the goods? I think we can get the goods.”"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ff-leland-yee-plea-20150701-story.html#page=1

I'm a 100% sure he is the only politician to ever do anything like this in the USA. I'm sure that politics is not a magnet to the lowest of low life dirt bags on the planet.

Indeed, but this one just leapt off the page to me as an almost lucid hypocrisy. I mean, on the one hand, he's calling for all manner of gun control while he's ILLEGALLY RUNNING GUNS.

On the other hand, as we said above, it makes perfect sense that he'd want to shut down the legal market in order to allow his illegal activity to flourish. I'm just glad the d-bag got exposed and is almost certainly going to prison.

Also, this paragraph is very cogent:

But then-Senate leader Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) also noted that the crimes alleged in the indictment went far beyond run-of-the-mill political corruption that could be prevented by stricter rules.

“There are some things, members, that you just can’t teach,” he said on the Senate floor last year. “I know of no ethics class that teaches about the illegality and the danger of gun-running or other such sordid activities.”

Man is not perfectible by laws. That is not to say laws cannot have positive effect, else we wouldn't have them. Only to say that sometimes, people are just lawbreakers and adding more rules or laws is not going to stop them. If he'd been caught molesting children, I'd like to think the first answer wouldn't be "gosh, if we only had some more ethical rules in place, maybe he'd have understood this was wrong!"

Indeed, but this one just leapt off the page to me as an almost lucid hypocrisy. I mean, on the one hand, he's calling for all manner of gun control while he's ILLEGALLY RUNNING GUNS.

On the other hand, as we said above, it makes perfect sense that he'd want to shut down the legal market in order to allow his illegal activity to flourish. I'm just glad the d-bag got exposed and is almost certainly going to pri

Sadly it does not shock me to see it though because I knew and know there are many others.