Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollo lawson

The Hawks Have Pissed Away The Last Two Drafts

20 posts in this topic

And now its coming back to haunt us. And why do we continue to waste draft picks on these long shot foreign players.

I don't ever see the Hawks outbidding the large markets// franchises like LA, NY, Chic etc so it is doubtful we will get the top FA agent players. you would think they would really focus on improving the team through the draft. This year they had a chance to get a player to really help he squad and they traded away. Frustrating to be so close to solid/complete team.

I don't ever see the Hawks outbidding the large markets// franchises like LA, NY, Chic etc so it is doubtful we will get the top FA agent players. you would think they would really focus on improving the team through the draft. This year they had a chance to get a player to really help he squad and they traded away. Frustrating to be so close to solid/complete team.

It's not a matter of outbidding money wise. We would offer the same max deals if the big FAs were interested.

Years of bad ownership and style of play set us back. 1 60 game season won't change perceptions over night.

Could be with new owners, reshuffling of front office etc still seems unstable to some.

I do like the direction we are headed so I'm excited going forward.

He hasn't had 5 drafts?

No, even though Bey-Bey did not work out - Schroeder was a homerun - so if you are counting that draft - then NO.

and, I was referring specifically to you complaining about this 2015 Hawks draft when Danny Ferry was not in the building.

No, even though Bey-Bey did not work out - Schroeder was a homerun - so if you are counting that draft - then NO.

and, I was referring specifically to you complaining about this 2015 Hawks draft when Danny Ferry was not in the building.

Huh?

But yes. We've given away a first round pick in 5 straight drafts. Thats not really up for debate?

Yeah, they could've had a healthy small foward, I'd like someone slightly bigger than Kent and Tim.

Tim isn't a SF, so I don't think our FA stops with Splitter and MIllsap.

Schroeder was a homerun?!?!

BudCox >>>> Ferry.

BudCox >>>> Ferry.

I would think so when people wanted him for near TOP 5 draft picks just saying.

Uhh, he's only 21 years old and would probably be the starting PG on about a dozen teams in this league right now.

Yeah, he's a homerun. In a couple more seasons, he's gonna be lights out. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a 20 point 8 assist guy by the time he's a 33 minute player.

In 2017 he's going to easily be one of the most sought after FA's on the market.

I would think so when people wanted him for near TOP 5 draft picks just saying.

Being a homerun is about what you do on the court. Not where people ranked you in the draft.

Uhh, he's only 21 years old and would probably be the starting PG on about a dozen teams in this league right now.

Yeah, he's a homerun. In a couple more seasons, he's gonna be lights out. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a 20 point 8 assist guy by the time he's a 33 minute player.

In 2017 he's going to easily be one of the most sought after FA's on the market.

We will have to see I guess. I am not ready to call him a homerun, until I see that 20pt/8ast production.

his jump shot needs to get a lot better first. He is incredibly inconsistent

Being a homerun is about what you do on the court. Not where people ranked you in the draft.

We will have to see I guess. I am not ready to call him a homerun, until I see that 20pt/8ast production.

I'm pretty sure he averaged close to that in the games he started this season.

his jump shot needs to get a lot better first. He is incredibly inconsistent

Yeah it definitely does, but you remember how bad Teague looked his first 2 years? And look what he's become now. Schroeder is light years ahead of where Teague was in his 2nd year.

Honestly, I think Schroeder needs to work more on his vision and assists. He's so quick to the basket, he can live on making points by slashing penetration. I'd rather he be that kind of player because that draws defenders inside and often gets our wings open. Penetrate and dish out. That's what this team needs more of actually.

No I'm saying people WANT DENNIS they were willing to trade Top 5 draft choice on unproven Dennis, and now most likely they'd give the farm depending on the team.