Anyone Been Watching Women's Soccer?

I never have until this year. There is less vaginer in Women's Soccer than in Men's.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that upon getting slide tackled, you were allowed to get up and keep playing. I just assumed that the rules required you to roll around like a ***** in heat for 7 minutes.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I randomly watched the Brazil-US game one summer 4 years during the last WC . To this day it ranks as one of the greatest finishes I've ever seen regardless of sport or gender. Brazil pretty much cheated up and down the field with delaying tactics (at one point faking a cart off injury) all game and the ref finally had enough of their chit and let the game go on well past the allotted extra time. Even the German fans in the crowd turned on them and they were the crowd favorite going in

Then this happend....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyE9jBZSM4Q

They won me over ever since. I watched every US game for the remainder of that tournament and was legitly heartbroken when they lost to Japan in the final (we had a huge campus party to watch something I would not have thought possible just weeks prior but everyone was just into it) It really couldn't come on at a better time of year with only baseball to compete with. I even went of out my way to be in front of a TV when they we're in the London Olympics two years ago. I can honestly say I'm a fan now and I feel no shame in saying it.

All the U.S. has to do is get Hope Solo liquored up and let her beat the **** out of everybody.

Talk about an extremely gorgeous woman who even so I wouldn't let within 20 yards near my junk. B^tch is the kind of cazy that can't be taught. All you had to do is cross her once or even just look at her wrong and you've got a Lorena Bobbitt situation on your hands.

Also she married Jerramy Stevens (probable rapist and an all around terrible human being). Frankly they probably deserve each other

HeII of a goalie though :ninja:

Talk about an extremely gorgeous woman who even so I wouldn't let within 20 yards near my junk. B^tch is the kind of cazy that can't be taught. All you had to do is cross her once or even just look at her wrong and you've got a Lorena Bobbitt situation on your hands.

Also she married Jerramy Stevens (probable rapist and an all around terrible human being). Frankly they probably deserve each other

HeII of a goalie though ph34r.png

On a semi related note the book "Scoreboard Baby" is worth a skim if your ever bored. FSU doesn't have sh^t on late 90's University of Washington.

What a ******* soul crushing way for England to lose. I feel for Bassett.

I think this is the match the US wanted. That was a huge upset four years ago almost no one saw coming and they've had their eyes on some revenge.

Also what's more American than first beating Germany and then taking out Japan ph34r.png

Chills. I have never been that excited about Men's soccer. Women are so much tougher in this sport than men are it's sexy as **** and also hilarious.

This is about a big of stereotype as there is, especially as there has been a ton of diving in this tournament.

Americans just like women's football because the girls are attractive(which is ok), and Alexi Lalas pretty much confirmed this during the Japan-England match last night when the english player clearly dived to get her side a penalty.

The game is barely even football. The women are so much slower, the tactics are what you would see at a u20 continental tournament, and large numbers of the teams are simply hopeless considering many are made up of semi professional office women,teachers, and in the Ecuador case wannabe pop stars. The refereeing has been god awful, which is expected seeing as FIFA is trying to keep it women only, but poor when you realize this is suppose to be the highest tournament in the women's game.

This said I hope we destroy Japan.

This is about a big of stereotype as there is, especially as there has been a ton of diving in this tournament.

Americans just like women's football because the girls are attractive(which is ok), and Alexi Lalas pretty much confirmed this during the Japan-England match last night when the english player clearly dived to get her side a penalty.

The game is barely even football. The women are so much slower, the tactics are what you would see at a u20 continental tournament, and large numbers of the teams are simply hopeless considering many are made up of semi professional office women,teachers, and in the Ecuador case wannabe pop stars. The refereeing has been god awful, which is expected seeing as FIFA is trying to keep it women only, but poor when you realize this is suppose to be the highest tournament in the women's game.

This said I hope we destroy Japan.

I enjoy USWNT every bit as much and maybe even a little bit more than I do USMNT but maybe that's because our women can actually win things. With the men all we ask is that they qualify and advance to the knockout round and maybe beat Mexico once in a while.

Speaking of which I remember a certain someone 4 years in a soccer thread ago during the last women's WC extolling how a France was going to send us home packing with our tail between our legs dry.pngph34r.pngtongue.png

YM7A7aR.gif

Oh, and that frigging headbutt looked intentional to me. Luckily, the aggressor gashed her head and not the woman she speared into. I'll have to admit that it was much more interesting to watch than any of the US men's games. Those German girls where a bit rough, but the US team didn't back down any. They battled the whole time, and broke Germany's will with that second goal!

I enjoy USWNT every bit as much and maybe even a little bit more than I do USMNT but maybe that's because our women can actually win things. With the men all we ask is that they qualify and advance to the knockout round and maybe beat Mexico once in a while.

Speaking of which I remember a certain someone 4 years in a soccer thread ago during the last women's WC extolling how a France was going to send us home packing with our tail between our legs dry.pngph34r.pngtongue.png

YM7A7aR.gif

The mens side is a midfielder away from getting to a world cup final in all honesty.