Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SacFalcFan

Lamarcus Aldridge's Free Agency Chase Dramatically Changed 3 Playoff Teams.

24 posts in this topic

More reason why keeping millsap makes no sense. We have no SF. Millsap showed that he cannot guard SFs. Signing millsap means...

Teague

Korver/Hardaway

Millsap

Horford

Splitter

This doesnt bode well for Splitter as he does have nagging injuries and probably doesnt need to start or play a heavy amount of minutes.

This also leaves us susceptible to inefficient guarding of opposing teams' small forwards

Or we could do...

Teague

Korver/Hardaway

Thabo

Millsap

Horford

This would be the closest lineup to last year, but how will Thabo perform coming off his injury? Thabo also gives us a significant drop in offensive production from our SF. This lineup would allow Tiago to come off the bench which is probably what he should be doing at this point in his career.

It's almost a catch 22. But I'd be more comfortable signing and trading millsap to orlando for tobias harris. This would give us some kind of extra cap space to sign another tweener big in the mold of millsap. Harris is young, solid production with a ton of upside.

I was dreaming of re-upping Carroll, letting Millsap walk, grabbing Marc Gasol and moving Horford to his natural position as a four/PF.

well, none of what I dreamed is gonna happen - not even close. uggh.

My fantasy was:

PG/#1 - Teague/Schroeder

SG/#2 - Korver/Hardaway

SF/#3 - Carroll/Thabo

PF/#4 - Horford

C/#5 - Gasol

oh well, my dreams never come true!

Right now, I guess the best to hope for is re-sign Millsap and sign Danny Green to come in and start at the #3 - better shooter than Carroll and can defend so probably a slight upgrade.

so how are we going to be better in 2015/16? forget the 61 win season (we won't win that many games again), even if we re-sign Millsap, with the loss of Carroll and the botched draft, how are we better?

Are we making a trade? Schroeder or Teague? I don't see it. just confused about the direction right now.

so how are we going to be better in 2015/16? forget the 61 win season (we won't win that many games again), even if we re-sign Millsap, with the loss of Carroll and the botched draft, how are we better?

Are we making a trade? Schroeder or Teague? I don't see it. just confused about the direction right now.

I don't see us being nearly as good unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat somewhere.

But that would mean not signing Millsap and getting someone like Draymond Green or Tobias Harris.

Teague, Korver/Hardaway, Green or Harris, Horford, Splitter/Muscala

That's the only way I see us possibly being better.

I know Harris and Hardaway would be defensive liabilities, but that's a lot of points and more rebounds in that setup there too. Draymond Green would be the best move though if you ask me.

But if we're just going with Teague, Korver/Hardaway, Sefolosha/Bazemore, Millsap, Horford then I think we're definitely worse than before. I mean we won't suck by any stretch, but we won't be as good.

I'm kinda disappointed too, but i think you guys should have more faith in bud. Bud's system transformed Carroll from a 2.5 million per year player into a 15 million dollar per year player. The same system turned Danny ******* green into a star. I think we should have a little more faith in the system. The next Carroll could even be on our roster right now.

I'm kinda disappointed too, but i think you guys should have more faith in bud. Bud's system transformed Carroll from a 2.5 million per year player into a 15 million dollar per year player. The same system turned Danny ******* green into a star. I think we should have a little more faith in the system. The next Carroll could even be on our roster right now.

Unless it turns out to be Bazemore and he gets offered big money and we don't have bird rights and he leaves for the big bucks next off season. Ok no more 2 yr deals.

Unless it turns out to be Bazemore and he gets offered big money and we don't have bird rights and he leaves for the big bucks next off season. Ok no more 2 yr deals.

Bazemore is just further proof that the system makes you a better player. Carroll and bazemore were very similar players when they came here. Journeymen scrubs. Bazemore may not get to the level of Carroll, but I bet he gets a respectable deal next year.

More reason why keeping millsap makes no sense. We have no SF. Millsap showed that he cannot guard SFs. Signing millsap means...

Teague

Korver/Hardaway

Millsap

Horford

Splitter

This doesnt bode well for Splitter as he does have nagging injuries and probably doesnt need to start or play a heavy amount of minutes.

This also leaves us susceptible to inefficient guarding of opposing teams' small forwards

Or we could do...

Teague

Korver/Hardaway

Thabo

Millsap

Horford

This would be the closest lineup to last year, but how will Thabo perform coming off his injury? Thabo also gives us a significant drop in offensive production from our SF. This lineup would allow Tiago to come off the bench which is probably what he should be doing at this point in his career.

It's almost a catch 22. But I'd be more comfortable signing and trading millsap to orlando for tobias harris. This would give us some kind of extra cap space to sign another tweener big in the mold of millsap. Harris is young, solid production with a ton of upside.

Or

Teague

Hardaway

Korver

Milsap

Horford

Or

Teague

Korver

Wesley Johnson

Milsap

Horford

I would love to get Wesley Johnson. A young guy that can run the floor, block shots and hit the trey. He would negate the loss of DeMarre. Pull that off and I believe we are a better team:

DeMarre, Pero, Brand and Jenkins

for:

Johnson, Splitter, Tavares and Hardaway.

Yeah.

Did you just say Wesley Johnson negates the loss of Carroll?

What?

Hail yeah. I think Johnson could flourish in the system even more than Carroll did. He isn't as good of an on the ball defender but he can protect the rim way better than Carroll. He can also run the floor as well as Carroll and hit the trey at a 35% clip. Carroll was not the as beater I keep hearing about on this board. Give me some of this:

I dont get the Wesley Johnson hate.

Has he not lived up to his draft billing, no.

Is there a reason he was drafted that high, yes.

The guy has raw talent, is young, and has size. Nobody was saying "wesley johnson negates carroll?" until carroll was put into Bud's system.

Coaching and a winning environment changes everything. Please tell me what structured system Johnson has been in since being in the nba?

He is the ultimate low risk high reward guy. He may never be a primary/go-to guy, but in a system oriented offense he can possibly do wonders.

I love bud as much as anyone, but his system does not AUTOMATICALLY make every single player in the NBA better. This whole idea that you can put in whatever you want and poof, they'll become the next DMC is ridiculous.

jayu70 likes this

Hail yeah. I think Johnson could flourish in the system even more than Carroll did. He isn't as good of an on the ball defender but he can protect the rim way better than Carroll. He can also run the floor as well as Carroll and hit the trey at a 35% clip. Carroll was not the as beater I keep hearing about on this board. Give me some of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpykLuglaM

Carroll scored more than korver

Was a good rebounder

And was our best defender.

Yeah... We're totally not gonna miss that....

Wesley Johnson=taller Kent Bazemore. He is what he is. He's not some superstar. People need to quit looking at draft position as some judgement of talent. Might as well just go sign Michael Beasley. Bet he'd beast in this system too.... Right? Lol.

I love bud as much as anyone, but his system does not AUTOMATICALLY make every single player in the NBA better. This whole idea that you can put in whatever you want and poof, they'll become the next DMC is ridiculous.

Nobody said it automatically makes players better, but what it does do very effectively is accentuate every player's individual abilities.

Carroll was a relative nobody before coming here. Millsap, while good in his own right, was not an allstar. Teague became more consistent and at times dominant. The system works.

When you put a player that hasn't lived up to his billing into a player friendly system and now winning organization do you believe he will get worse?

That's all im saying.