Hawks Fa Rumors

WOR

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather have payed Carroll instead of Sap simply because he's slightly younger (though not by much and Sap has been overall the better player) but really if I had my druthers I wouldn't max contract either one. Really nice players that are ultimately products of the system especially Carroll. The Raptors are likely going to have buyers remorse is a few seasons and I really hope we're not sitting in the same situation with Sap as he eventually approaches his mid 30s and he's still the highest paid player on the team, I don't think the Nets will be sitting around to give us another mulligan.

I hear you on Carroll and Millsap - but what choice do the Hawks have? We have not "arrived" yet as an NBA town or free agent destination with just one magical regular season - cap going up, up, up the next two years - if you let 40% of your starters go, you are basically starting over.

At this point, Hawks have to overpay Millsap - everyone is getting overpaid right now.

I hear you on Carroll and Millsap - but what choice do the Hawks have? We have not "arrived" yet as an NBA town or free agent destination with just one magical regular season - cap going up, up, up the next two years - if you let 40% of your starters go, you are basically starting over.

At this point, Hawks have to overpay Millsap - everyone is getting overpaid right now.

I mean it's a great deal for THIS season, him knowing our system versus a free agent brought in whose going to have to through the ends and outs of learning is worth a few extra million on it's on but we're buying a car with alot of millage on it. It's 2-3 seasons from now where I fear we'll really start feeling the crunch. At least the cap is going up.

what did we trade to get Splitter? draft pick or picks?

According to multiple sources, the Hawks have acquired Tiago Splitter in a deal involving non-roster pieces. I've talked about the non-roster pieces before and they include the rights to Marcus Eriksson and Dimitrios Agravanis (2015 NBA Draft), Edy Tavares and Lamar Patterson (2014 NBA Draft), Sergey Gladyr (drafted in 2009), Giorgos Printezis (part of the Thabo sign-and-trade), Alain Digbeu (drafted in 1997), and Augusto Binelli (drafted in 1986). So the Hawks will be sending the rights to one or more of these players in exchange for Tiago.

If we lose Tavares, I will be ******* irate

I mean it's a great deal for THIS season, him knowing our system versus a free agent brought in whose going to have to through the ends and outs of learning is worth a few extra million on it's on but we're buying a car with alot of millage on it. It's 2-3 seasons from now where we'll really start feeling the crunch. At least the cap is going up

that is the case in baseball/football and basketball - when you have a 4 year deal for a 30yr old player, you are going to get rooked on the back-end of the deal. Millsap, if healthy would probably give you 3 good years on a 4 year deal - maybe just two.

If we lose Tavares, I will be ******* irate

yeah, I don't see it being Tavares. anybody else on that list yeah - but it has been clear that Hawks mgmt was high on Taveres - he won't be the guy. I bet it is one or both of the players taken in 2nd round of this year's draft - this was probably a "pre-agreed" to deal w/ San Antonio before the draft.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 2h2 hours ago

Paul Millsap to Orlando concept has been out there, a situation to watch is Tobias Harris to Hawks as part of a sign and trade

Soo....a lot of sources must have their info wrong gdawg.

Unless they just mean orlando signing and trading Harris to us, which makes no sense because who would we give back?

what did we trade to get Splitter? draft pick or picks?

Shouldn't be for much, Spurs cutting Splitter's cap to pay Kawhi, Green and Aldridge.

Hopefully this is Bud and Pop doing each other a solid.

Then again our brand new shiny FO just gave up a 1st for Tim Harrdaway so who knows.

I bet it is one or both of the players taken in 2nd round of this year's draft - this was probably a "pre-agreed" to deal w/ San Antonio before the draft.

This would actually make that trade start looking alot better

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 2h2 hours ago

Paul Millsap to Orlando concept has been out there, a situation to watch is Tobias Harris to Hawks as part of a sign and trade

Soo....a lot of sources must have their info wrong gdawg.

Unless they just mean orlando signing and trading Harris to us, which makes no sense because who would we give back?

no logic to it. Hawks have no advantage in sign/trade as we cannot offer Millsap anything extra. think about it.

is there bad blood in ATL between these players and Coach Bud? between Kamla's rumor-mongering on Carroll - and now Millsap about to jump ship when we are offering same money - somewhat surprising, eh?

I understand Carroll leaving for Toronto's stupid money - but Millsap for same money going to Orlando?

no logic to it. Hawks have no advantage in sign/trade as we cannot offer Millsap anything extra. think about it.

Unless the magic want to give us 5 million in dead weight to give them some room.

Millsap(20 mill) for Harris and a 5 million salary.

is there bad blood in ATL between these players and Coach Bud? between Kamla's rumor-mongering on Carroll - and now Millsap about to jump ship when we are offering same money - somewhat surprising, eh?

I understand Carroll leaving for Toronto's stupid money - but Millsap for same money going to Orlando?

Something has to be going on...Maybe what we pulled in the draft rubbed them the wrong way? Who knows..

Yeah, but no state tax in Florida so even though it's the same it's more from the Magic.

Assuming we can basically swap Milsap for Harris, here's where we are now:

STARTERS

Teague (27) - 6'2 - 181

Korver (34) - 6'7 - 212

Harris (22) - 6'8 - 226

Horford (29) - 6'10 - 250

Muscala (24) - 6'11 - 230

BENCH

Schroeder (22) - 6'1 - 168

Hardaway (23) - 6'6 - 205

Sefolosha (31) - 6'7 - 222

Scott (27) - 6'8 - 237

Splitter (30) - 6'11 - 232

RESERVES & DEVELOPMENTAL PLAYERS

Mack (25) - 6'3 - 207

Bazemore (26) - 6'5 - 201

Patterson (23) - 6'5 - 212

Eriksson (21) - 6'7 - 178

Agravanis (20) - 6'10 - 235

Tavares (23) - 7'3 - 265

WALKERS

Carroll - will miss his defense but rather he cap rape the Raptors

Milsap - prefer Harris but will take him back at the right price if we can't get Harris

Brand - liked what little he gave us but it's time

Jenkins - thought he would be a better player. Injuries set him back. Good shooter

Daye - liked his 6'11 length and shooting stroke

Antic - GTFO and don't come back

If we can't get Harris, I would try to re-sign Milsap at the right price. We might also be able to deal Scott who I like, but we may need the cap space, plus he ended up in Bud's doghouse for some reason. We have to see how Korver handles his injury at 34 years old. Plus he was a dud from behind the arc in the playoffs. His time may have come and gone. Hardaway might need to get those starter minutes. I'm higher on Hardaway than most though.

Assuming we can basically swap Milsap for Harris, here's where we are now:

STARTERS

Teague (27) - 6'2 - 181

Korver (34) - 6'7 - 212

Harris (22) - 6'8 - 226

Horford (29) - 6'10 - 250

Muscala (24) - 6'11 - 230

BENCH

Schroeder (22) - 6'1 - 168

Hardaway (23) - 6'6 - 205

Sefolosha (31) - 6'7 - 222

Scott (27) - 6'8 - 237

Splitter (30) - 6'11 - 232

RESERVES & DEVELOPMENTAL PLAYERS

Mack (25) - 6'3 - 207

Bazemore (26) - 6'5 - 201

Patterson (23) - 6'5 - 212

Eriksson (21) - 6'7 - 178

Agravanis (20) - 6'10 - 235

Tavares (23) - 7'3 - 265

WALKERS

Carroll - will miss his defense but rather he cap rape the Raptors

Milsap - prefer Harris but will take him back at the right price if we can't get Harris

Brand - liked what little he gave us but it's time

Jenkins - thought he would be a better player. Injuries set him back. Good shooter

Daye - liked his 6'11 length and shooting stroke

Antic - GTFO and don't come back

If we can't get Harris, I would try to re-sign Milsap at the right price. We might also be able to deal Scott who I like, but we may need the cap space, plus he ended up in Bud's doghouse for some reason. We have to see how Korver handles his injury at 34 years old. Plus he was a dud from behind the arc in the playoffs. His time may have come and gone. Hardaway might need to get those starter minutes. I'm higher on Hardaway than most though.

Moose aint starting over Splitter

Yeah, but no state tax in Florida so even though it's the same it's more from the Magic.

I hear this all the time but I don't think the difference is as much as you think. first off, the 41 away games, the players have to file state tax returns in all those states that have state income taxes - did you know that? Yes, this is true says my best friend who is CPA and does these tax returns for some of his clients that are NFL and NBA players. So right off the bat, the "no state income tax" thing - the difference you thought existed, it is only about 1/2 of it. Secondly, these states have higher sales tax and property tax which makes up some of the difference as well.

So while "yes" - these players do save some money going to a no state income tax state - nowhere near the difference you think - probably ever $1mm in salary saves you about 1.5-2.0% net, when factoring in factors above - say $20k/million savings - not chump change for your everyday Joe - but for these guys it is.