Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JayOzOne

Pero Antic Trades Hawks For Turkey

11 posts in this topic

Pero is leaving. More money for their own free agents is now available.

June 29th at 4:09pm CST by Chuck Myron

Hawks big man Pero Antic will sign with Fenerbahce of Turkey, as Nikos Varlas of Eurohoops.net reports and Sportando’s Emiliano Carchia confirms (Twitter link). Carchia last week reported the team’s interest in luring the Macedonian away from the NBA. The news is a blow of sorts for Atlanta, which reportedly had interest in re-signing him.

Antic, who turns 33 next month, had reportedly let the Hawks know he wanted to return, too, but circumstances appear to have changed. The Hawks are in a salary crunch as they seek to retain Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll, so seemingly the possibility existed that Atlanta would decide against tendering the $1.563MM qualifying offer necessary to make Antic a restricted free agent. The right to match offers only extends to NBA teams, so Atlanta will be powerless to keep Antic from officially signing overseas come Wednesday.

Well dang it's been fun Pero seriously. We can talk about him all day, but he's a big reason of the 60-22 record still.

I'll take Moose over Antic any day of the week. Although I'd love an actual bigman that can hold down the 5 rather than another PF who doesn't get rebounds and blocked shots because he's 20' outside the paint waiting for his turn to take a jumper or a three.

25 mins ago - via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

Chris Vivlamore: Mike Muscala will be counted on heavily next season for Hawks with Pero Antic leaving for Europe and Elton Brand not to be re-signed.

Free Agency, Elton Brand, Pero Antic, Atlanta Hawks

AF89 likes this

I mean I don't completely hate Pero but this is one decision I'm glad is finally out of Bud's hands. Now the development of Moose and maybe even later Tavres can finally begin