Matt Ryan In The Superstar Club

That doesn't make those losses better. I have never understood the mindset that a group of fans have on here that think just cause those teams made the Super Bowl that it somehow makes those losses better. The Falcons lost plain and simple. It doesn't matter that those teams made the Super Bowl. It doesn't make those losses any less bad. 48-16 is terrible no matter who it's against. 24-2 is terrible no matter who it's against. Setting the record for biggest 2nd half collapse in NFC Championship Game history by a #1 seed at home is terrible no matter who it's against. Acting like those losses are somehow less bad because those teams went to the Super Bowl is like giving all the 8 year olds a trophy just for participating. It fosters a sense of entitlement and that is the main issue in this country today! Everyone thinks they're entailed to whatever it is they want instead of actually going out and earning it!

For the record, the score was 48-21. unsure.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it makes us FEEL better, that's why.

😳

For whatever it's worth, I agree with you.

I think you have it exactly backwards.

I think THEY feel better expressing their anger rather than US feeling better simply discussing he circumstances in a factual manner.

I think you have it exactly backwards.

I think THEY feel better expressing their anger rather than US feeling better simply discussing he circumstances in a factual manner.

Probably some of both. I personally did take a little solace in the fact we lost in playoffs to eventual SB teams.....but am also pizzed about 2012 squandering a big lead at home to an inferior team who lost in SB to another inferior team to us, IMO....

Edited by Vandy

I personally was ecstatic when both sproles and Ivory were gone from the aints,secretly I wanted one of them to come here.On a side note,I flew out to Texas to get my dad's truck and drive it back to Atlanta(he made me an awesome deal on it)The drive back was uneventful until........yep,Louisiana,tropical rain had the boudreaux's and thibideaux's skidding all over the highway in their POS,hoopty,overloaded trucks.They hung them up on guard rails,and one even managed to block the New Orleans bypass by catching on fire in the middle of the causeway,and the flooding.2 hours to go 10 miles,man I hate that place.........

Edited by jimifalcon

Probably because it sounds really really really silly to brag about losing to a team just because that team made it to the Super Bowl. There's no pride in losing in the playoffs period. Don't care who the opponent is.

At no point did I suggest pride or bragging. I'm pointing out the misleading nature of "1-4 IN THE PLAYOFFS!"

If you're in the Bengals situation and you're playing in the WC round every year and losing every year, there's a problem.

If you're getting first round byes and losing to teams playing their best football on their way to a SB berth/win? Meh. **** happens. It sucks but its not some intrinsic failing. It's just bad luck.

Personally I'm more scared of Mark Ingram. I think spiller I'll be all flash in the pan.

I don't know that we have a player capable of covering Spiller....which is very dangerous. He has to remain healthy, for sure. But he's going to play that Darren Sproles role and I think he'll catch 70+ passes. Given our weakness up in the middle of the second and third levels, that's going to be a problem.

Become a team capable of beating really good teams?

We WERE a team capable of beating really good teams. Just because you don't beat a team doesnt mean you weren't capable.

We got our ***** beat against GB. That game wasn't close. The Giants game and the Cards game were pretty close on the field. But ultimately, they beat us.

The Seattle/SF games were against the two best teams in the league and they were both 50/50 games. We won one, lost one. That's how deep playoff football goes. The games are usually close and come down to flukey plays.

At no point did I suggest pride or bragging. I'm pointing out the misleading nature of "1-4 IN THE PLAYOFFS!"

If you're in the Bengals situation and you're playing in the WC round every year and losing every year, there's a problem.

If you're getting first round byes and losing to teams playing their best football on their way to a SB berth/win? Meh. **** happens. It sucks but its not some intrinsic failing. It's just bad luck.

Bad luck? BAD LUCK!? LMAO!!! Bad luck isn't getting blown off the effin field 48-21 in your own building when you're the number 1 seed. The Falcons setting records for worst playoff losses (that game and the 49ers game) is not bad luck. That's just flat out getting owned!

Bad luck? BAD LUCK!? LMAO!!! Bad luck isn't getting blown off the effin field 48-21 in your own building when you're the number 1 seed. The Falcons setting records for worst playoff losses (that game and the 49ers game) is not bad luck. That's just flat out getting owned!

Didn't I say the GB loss was a legit loss? Pretty sure I did.

And what 49ers game? I certainly hope you aren't talking about the 2012 49ers loss. If you think that's a "record setting" bad playoff loss, you need to watch more football, stat.

Didn't I say the GB loss was a legit loss? Pretty sure I did.

And what 49ers game? I certainly hope you aren't talking about the 2012 49ers loss. If you think that's a "record setting" bad playoff loss, you need to watch more football, stat.

Yes I am talking about the 2012 49ers game. The Falcons set the record for biggest blown lead in NFC Championship Game history.

Colin Kaepernick and Frank Gore led San Francisco to a record comeback in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday, overcoming an early 17-0 deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 28-24

The 49ers pulled off the biggest comeback victory in an NFC Championship Game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The previous NFC record was 13 points -- Atlanta's victory over Minnesota in the 1999 title game, which sent the Falcons to what remains the only Super Bowl in franchise history.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=330120001

Yes I am talking about the 2012 49ers game. The Falcons set the record for biggest blown lead in NFC Championship Game history.

When things start to get this specific, it means less and less. Green Bay just did the same thing with a 16 point lead this year. And other teams have blown bigger leads and ended up winning. The Cards were up 18 on the eEagles in 09, gave the lead all the way back and retook the lead at the end. That designation is ultimately meaningless, IMO. It's not like this was Bills-Oilers....

That game was a 50/50 game all day. It doesnt really matter which order the points are scored in...that's why they play 4 quarters.

When things start to get this specific, it means less and less. Green Bay just did the same thing with a 16 point lead this year. And other teams have blown bigger leads and ended up winning. The Cards were up 18 on the eEagles in 09, gave the lead all the way back and retook the lead at the end. That designation is ultimately meaningless, IMO. It's not like this was Bills-Oilers....

That game was a 50/50 game all day. It doesnt really matter which order the points are scored in...that's why they play 4 quarters.

The Falcons lost plain and simple. It was not a "good" loss just because the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. That's a silly argument. There is no such thing as a :"good" loss in the NFL! This ain't college and this definitely ain't high school where you get credit for a "good" loss.

The Falcons lost plain and simple. It was not a "good" loss just because the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. That's a silly argument. There is no such thing as a :"good" loss in the NFL! This ain't college and this definitely ain't high school where you get credit for a "good" loss.

Your emotions will not allow yoiu to have a rational conversation on this topic. please continue banging your spoon expressing how upset you are and emoting about excuses, the rest of us will have an adult conversation about the losses.

thank you

Your emotions will not allow yoiu to have a rational conversation on this topic. please continue banging your spoon expressing how upset you are and emoting about excuses, the rest of us will have an adult conversation about the losses.

thank you

Continue to violate the COC. Sooner or later someone will do something about it.

Thank you.

We WERE a team capable of beating really good teams. Just because you don't beat a team doesnt mean you weren't capable.

We got our ***** beat against GB. That game wasn't close. The Giants game and the Cards game were pretty close on the field. But ultimately, they beat us.

The Seattle/SF games were against the two best teams in the league and they were both 50/50 games. We won one, lost one. That's how deep playoff football goes. The games are usually close and come down to flukey plays.

My post was in response to someone acting like the teams we were beaten by were unbeatable because they won the SB. I agree we were capable of beating any of those teams, as most teams in the playoffs are.