So, Speaking Of Guns........

Guest Regular Guy

Guest Regular Guy

Do any of you own any?

I don't want this to be a thread that turns into a gun debate. It's just a simple question. I have just recently gotten myself and my wife a little 9mm for conceal and carry purposes and have yet to even take them to the firing range!

My Dad actually gave me the my gun a couple of weeks ago when he came down to visit. He has 16 others and said he wouldn't miss it. It has never been fired, I guess he's been too busy with the others smile.png

I bought my wife the exact same model, except in pink, lol. I figured that way we both could use the same magazines at the range. I actually ordered some extra mags for us as well.

I don't expect to buy an armory but I may, in time, buy a 40 cal or maybe a rifle down the line but for now will just see how the little 9mm goes. They are Beretta Nano 9mm with laser sights. I bought an IWB (inside waist band) holster for mine and have been wearing around the house to get used to it. I can't even tell I have it on most times. I was afraid that it was not going to be comfortable but it's not bad at all.

Here a few pics showing them before I tucked it all into a little range bag I bought (hard to see it in the last picture). They seem to be nice little guns for the money.

nano01.jpg

nano03.jpg

stephnano01.jpg

berettas.jpg

So, what do you guys own? Also, can you recommend any training courses and firing ranges that you've had a good experience with?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have quite a few. My favorites are a 1st gen Glock 19, a 1970s era Colt Detective Special, a Smith and Wesson Model 66, and a beautiful pair of Remington 700s, one in .300 Win Mag and the other in 7mm magnum. I also have a particularly nice Remington 16 gauge shotgun and a Mossberg 12 gauge turkey gun.

Most of these were inherited through the years. I have a handful of others that are less remarkable but which hold some sentimental value.

Guest Regular Guy

I have quite a few. My favorites are a 1st gen Glock 19, a 1970s era Colt Detective Special, a Smith and Wesson Model 66, and a beautiful pair of Remington 700s, one in .300 Win Mag and the other in 7mm magnum. I also have a particularly nice Remington 16 gauge shotgun and a Mossberg 12 gauge turkey gun.

Most of these were inherited through the years. I have a handful of others that are less remarkable but which hold some sentimental value.

Those 16 guns my dad has will at some point make it into my collection I am sure. I have 2 brothers and a sister and we'll each get a few when his estate gets settled (if I outlive my Dad that is!)

Guest Regular Guy

Meet the Sig P227. The only hand gun that could surpass the 1911 and it did it by putting the 45 in the P226 chassis.

A-new-unfired-SIG-Sauer-P227-FDE.jpg

Also probably one of the best rifles on the planet. No gun collection should be complete without a SCAR 17

IMG_2703.jpg

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Guest Regular Guy

I'd recommend picking up a shotgun for home defense.

Nah, I don't want to blow my house up. The 9mm with the hollow points I have in it should do the trick wink.png

Meet the Sig P227. The only hand gun that could surpass the 1911 and it did it by putting the 45 in the P226 chassis.

A-new-unfired-SIG-Sauer-P227-FDE.jpg

Also probably one of the best rifles on the planet. No gun collection should be complete without a SCAR 17

IMG_2703.jpg

Those are awesome.

I'm about to start building a collection.

Guest Regular Guy

It's nice that the anti gun people have not hijacked this thread yet. I appreciate you guys keeping it civil. Good on ya!!

I am also glad that you guys have some great collections, it really interests me as I am very new to all of this. I can see how my Dad ended up with so many guns now tongue.png

Well if you are going that route I would recommend a AR10. 308 is just a really good round. You could not go wrong with something like this. http://www.fulton-armory.com/FAR-308-Titan.aspx

I love the .308, but I want an AR as much for plinking as anything, so I'll stick with the .223. If I get a .308 (which is likely), it will be a bolt gun, probably another Remington 700.

Man I feel like kind of a gun nut right now

Glock 19 gen four

Glock 43 the new single stack 9

Ruger 10 22 takedown model

Springfield armory 1911

Smith and Wesson 686 357 magnum

Mossberg 500 turkey flex 12 gauge

Mossberg 550 a1 12 gauge

Yugo ak 47

Double star ar15

Smith and Wesson 9 mm shield (wife's gun)

Ruger American 22 (wife's gun)

I love the .308, but I want an AR as much for plinking as anything, so I'll stick with the .223. If I get a .308 (which is likely), it will be a bolt gun, probably another Remington 700.

The mossberg LC is s pretty sweet bolt action 308.