Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beef

Post-Draft Outlook

56 posts in this topic

Well at this point this move is on Coach Bud and if THJ flops then he will get relentless criticism and if he balls out then Coach Bud will be praised as a genius. So for now we have to wait and see.

Truth....I'll trust Coach Bud as far as player development.I mean Heck Korver managed to become a average defender when he got here. And no Thibdeou in Chicago had nothing to do with Kyle Korver's defensive play. With thay being said THJ better put the work in if he wants to not be seen as more of a mistake than buying a smart car.

I am just going to leave this here: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/20087/korver-in-unlikely-position-with-team-usa

"Like early on in my career I wish I would have had someone like Thibs to show me how to play really good team defense," Korver said. "That would have helped me a ton in my career. I feel like a lot of the success I've had the last couple years is because of what I learned in Chicago. I felt like there's a lot of things that came together for me the last couple years, but being there with Thibs and learning how to play defense and being in an awesome, championship-caliber culture was really big for me.

As if defense can never be taught or learned. You expect a rookie fresh out of college to perform better?

defense is about effort in most cases. yes it can be taught, but you gotta put forth that effort. if hardaway jr is willing to put in the effort he can play defense.. he is athletic enough to do it. you also learn from your teammates. he had the worst examples up in new york... he will not have that issue in atlanta. he is 23 years old and 2 years in the league.. he is very young with his best basketball ahead of him.. i hate this move at first, but the more i looked at him the more i understand the move.

defense is about effort in most cases. yes it can be taught, but you gotta put forth that effort. if hardaway jr is willing to put in the effort he can play defense.. he is athletic enough to do it. you also learn from your teammates. he had the worst examples up in new york... he will not have that issue in atlanta. he is 23 years old and 2 years in the league.. he is very young with his best basketball ahead of him.. i hate this move at first, but the more i looked at him the more i understand the move.

I agree SAC maybe a different culture can help. He's a Hawk now so I will route for him.

Report: Start of post-Ferry era produces mixed reactions

• ESPN.com

About a week after Danny Ferry departed, the Atlanta Hawks went through their first draft with a new group of leadership in place. The new structure produced mixed results, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

NBA draft 2015

nba_draft_134.jpgFrom pingpong balls to the final pick, we've got the 2015 NBA draft covered.Draft 2015 »

The Hawks took Kelly Oubre Jr. in the first round, but traded him to the Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr. before making a few second round picks.

New Hawks owner Tony Ressler is comfortable with coach Mike Budenholzer, assistant GM Wes Wilcox and CEO Steve Koonin making the decisions, but the absence of Ferry -- who had been with the team for three years -- is still notable.

From Jeff Schultz of AJC Sports:

• "'I came to the conclusion that this was a franchise that was starting a new chapter, and to start a new chapter with a new ownership, with a single voice, with clear direction and with stability and having what was working,' Ressler said in an interview with Atlanta Journal-Constitution editors and staff members. 'What we saw working was Bud-Wes-Steve. That’s what we bought into and that’s what we liked.' But Ressler left out of one thing: Ferry acquired most of the players and hired Budenholzer and Wilcox. The post-Ferry era officially started Thursday night in the draft and the results were … interesting. They drafted 15th overall, took Kansas small forward Kelly Oubre, then traded him to Washington for the 19th pick and two future second-rounders. They drafted Notre Dame point guard Jerian Grant at 19th, then traded him to the New York Knicks for shooting guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. So effectively, the Hawks made four moves that started with the 15th pick in the draft and ended with a shooting guard who likely will come off the bench and is entering the final year of his contract. Twitter was confused. Twitter was angry."

This is much like my offseason plan. The only things I would are:

-Pick up Mark Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Asik or Greg Monroe if we can't land Aldrige

-Put Edy Tavares on the roster and start giving him minutes. Just tell him to rebound, defend the rim and hack bad free throw shooters

I still hate our draft though

I would rather keep Sap than get Asik