Is Trading Alford Too Risky?

Philly already has extra CB's to try trading away for something in return. I would still offer Alford for MLB Mychal Kendricks.

Pro's

Wagner-6'-0", 241, 4.49

Kendricks-5'-11", 239, 4.47

On paper, Kendrick's looks like a perfect match for Quinn's defense.

Philly is deep at MLB and are already trying to move him in his contract year.

We are deep at CB and Alford is a mismatch being undersized outside and out maneuvered inside.

RCB-Trufant, Southward, King

NCB-Trufant, Adams, Mincy

LCB-Collins, King

Trufant could kick inside for Southward to man RCB in nickel. This is a prediction based on where I think each is best suited.

LB gets a boost

WLB-Durant, Worrilow

MLB-Kendricks, Stupar

Akunne and Spruill can develop/heal on PS.

Con's

We suffer rash of injuries at CB after trade or Southward and Collins have complicated rehab's.

Southward cant play RCB and is relegated to FS.

Kendricks suffers a season ending injury after time missed in OTA's.

I'm sure more can be said, but I would like to get Kendricks in before camp if all it took was Alford. I kind of see Alford on the outs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be too risky for the Eagles lol...why would anyone trade for an under-performing 2nd round CB coming off an injury riddled year?

Your going to upset the Alford excuse crowd. He's not a bad pick but not 2nd rd worthy. The night TD picked him, everyone on TATF said "who?" and complained but now they pretend they didn't.

Your going to upset the Alford excuse crowd. He's not a bad pick but not 2nd rd worthy. The night TD picked him, everyone on TATF said "who?" and complained but now they pretend they didn't.

I'm not gonna stop until he proves to be starter worthy and not just given a spot due to poor depth. This is the year he proves himself. He can only get better

Actually, those of us who watch and track the Senior Bowl, knew exactly who he was. smile.png

I'm not gonna stop until he proves to be starter worthy and not just given a spot due to poor depth. This is the year he proves himself. He can only get better

I agree, this is the prove it year for him.

I was actually a Konz supporter when we drafted him, and I was wrong.

Actually, those of us who watch and track the Senior Bowl, knew exactly who he was. smile.png

Exactly, but some members only go by Mel's Top 10 and everyone else is a bust.

I agree, this is the prove it year for him.

I was actually a Konz supporter when we drafted him, and I was wrong.

Exactly, but some members only go by Mel's Top 10 and everyone else is a bust.

I been dead wrong about so many players(from every team) it's ridiculous lol.

"They absolutely fit into the system," Quinn said. "The first part of the makeup is competitiveness, and thats where both Robert and Dez totally have it, where they can step and kick and get their hands on guys, stay on top with that mindset and that attitude to keep playing down after down. Both those two guys, they certainly fit into the profile."

Quinn says he fits.

Edited by FentayeJones

This is the year he proves himself. He can only get better

This argument always cracks me up. "He can only get better". JA98 (and many other busts) would strongly disagree with you. Sometimes a guy's game just doesn't work at the next level.

Don't get me wrong... I'm hopeful he improves. But he might not.

This argument always cracks me up. "He can only get better". JA98 (and many other busts) would strongly disagree with you. Sometimes a guy's game just doesn't work at the next level.

Don't get me wrong... I'm hopeful he improves. But he might not.

it's not an argument on my behalf. He isn't the worst and he is far from the best. His biggest issue is playing disciplined football. That can be fixed if he truly works on it. If he doesn't, let him go next year. It is what it is.