Clemson Ol Isaiah Battle Entering Supp Draft, Falcons Mentioned As Fit

Romfal

Looks like he would have been a late 1st rounder or second day pick if he had not screwed up.....

2016 Top NFL Draft Prospects: Offensive Tackle

Taylor Decker OT 1 Ohio State Sr 6-7 317

Spencer Drango OT 2 Baylor rSr 6-6 310

Tyler Johnstone OT 3 Oregon rSr 6-6 295

Le'Raven Clark OT 4 Texas Tech rSr 6-5 320

Isaiah Battle OT 5 Clemson Sr 6-6 308

Vadal Alexander OT 6 LSU Sr 6-5 326

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/OT

I understand what you're saying but draft rankings change so quickly.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering his character concerns, no ******* way. Outside shot at a 5th

He won't get drafted in the Supplemental at all.

Not by us.

Not by anyone.

Even a 7th has more value as a potential trade piece than it does spent on a drug addict with no self control, no self discipline, and no concern for his team or teammates.

Dabo Swinney Statement bodes well for him....

“We appreciate all that Isaiah has done for the program the last three years,” Swinney said. “He has made great progress in his development and has been a big contributor to our success the last three years, especially in each of the last three bowl games when he had outstanding games against very talented defensive lines from LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma. We wish him well in his pursuit of a professional career.”

He must be pretty good to give up a 3-5 pick in2016

Well if he's starter quality , Good night.. I'd give a 3 to 5 anyday of the week for a starting OL. Our weakest link now BTW.. If we can get our OL patched, we will be one of the best teams in the league. IMO , it's the only weakness for this team at the moment.

Looks like he would have been a late 1st rounder or second day pick if he had not screwed up.....

2016 Top NFL Draft Prospects: Offensive Tackle

Taylor Decker OT 1 Ohio State Sr 6-7 317

Spencer Drango OT 2 Baylor rSr 6-6 310

Tyler Johnstone OT 3 Oregon rSr 6-6 295

Le'Raven Clark OT 4 Texas Tech rSr 6-5 320

Isaiah Battle OT 5 Clemson Sr 6-6 308

Vadal Alexander OT 6 LSU Sr 6-5 326

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/OT

That list doesn't have Larmney Tunsil or Ronnie Stanley on it. There defiently the top 2 tackle prospects.

If he turns out like Gordon I will DEFINITELY throw a 7th

Why? So you can get one good season out of him and then watch as he gets suspended year in and year out? Oh yeah, Gordon was amazing for that 14 game stretch in 2013, but what about 2014? Oh wait, he's suspended for this whole year too? You can't count on a ****-up like that.

Why? So you can get one good season out of him and then watch as he gets suspended year in and year out? Oh yeah, Gordon was amazing for that 14 game stretch in 2013, but what about 2014? Oh wait, he's suspended for this whole year too? You can't count on a ****-up like that.

I don't know, I would argue one single season being (one of) the best at your position would be worth a 7'th.

If I'm Dimi:

Can he play the ZBS?

Is he smart, or just a goon?

Is the new child his wife's or a baby momma that may create a ****-load of conflict in his life?

What's his background to define his stability?

The beauty of being a Clemson player, of which we have two that have played with him, is that the Dimi/coaching staff should be able to get all those answers.

Personally, I hope he gets positive marks in all those questions because I miss having a nasty o-line like we had a while back with Dahl and Clabo.

CBS Sports' Rob Rang believes Clemson LT Isaiah Battle's "combination of height, arm length (35") and easy mobility will certainly intrigue the NFL."

"Physically speaking, however, Battle's combination of height, arm length (35") and easy mobility will certainly intrigue the NFL. He is still pretty raw, showing only average functional strength at this time and too often bending at the waist rather than at the knees, which leaves him vulnerable to the bull rush and counters back to the inside," Rang wrote. The 6-foot-6, 290-pound Battle played in 27 games for Clemson over the past three years, starting 11 of 12 games in 2014. The Clemson prospect has recorded 32 knockdowns in 1,336 snaps over 27 games. Rang adds that the "traits are there to warrant at least middle round consideration" for Battle.

Source: CBS Sports

Jun 26 - 3:58 PM

Thing is we already have two relatively young OTs starting, another rookie in Rodgers. We need a more experienced backup (not named Polumbus). Since Battle doesn't look like he would make it to the 7th round, and we are already missing our 5th...I think we need to pass.

You don't undermine your HC authority on his #1 priority by taking a problem prospect in the supplemental draft.

"#1. Protect the team is self-explanatory. He used this one before the team left for the offseason. For example, linebacker Prince Shembo was not protecting the team when got arrested for alleged animal cruelty in the death of a dog. His selfish act made him unworthy and he was released.

This one is really about being a great teammate on and off the field, Quinn said."

Multiple fails drug tests to get kicked off Clemson and throwing a punch in a game where you get ejected is selfish and not protecting the team. Battle's "selfish acts" make him "unworthy" of the Falcons.

You don't undermine your HC authority on his #1 priority by taking a problem prospect in the supplemental draft.

"#1. Protect the team is self-explanatory. He used this one before the team left for the offseason. For example, linebacker Prince Shembo was not protecting the team when got arrested for alleged animal cruelty in the death of a dog. His selfish act made him unworthy and he was released.

This one is really about being a great teammate on and off the field, Quinn said."

Multiple fails drug tests to get kicked off Clemson and throwing a punch in a game where you get ejected is selfish and not protecting the team. Battle's "selfish acts" make him "unworthy" of the Falcons.

Actually, there are times to throw a punch. When that filthy Saint db cheap-shotted Matt, every one of our linemen stood around and did NOTHING. I have never seen such apathy from an entire o-line in regards to their qb. A thrown punch in that circumstance, a message sent that this will not be tolerated, would have been completely acceptable. Applauded, even.

Don't disagree there are times to fight, but 99% it hurts your team worse by the ejection. The other exception I can recall was Eagles pre-game about 2004? We had a backup fight one of their starters and both got ejected - advantage us. The Eagles coach surely felt that starter was selfish to get into it and get ejected though.

I don't know all the backstory of that punch -but Sweeney did not like to be congratulating him for protecting his QB in that video. Are you saying that it was justified?