Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest facelessman07

Obama should be lauded for making sure that you cannot be denied coverage or charged more based on having a pre-existing condition. It was definitely a step in the right direction. I'd love if they could tweak a few things, nothing is perfect obviously, but I think it has provided many benefits so far

Obama should be lauded for making sure that you cannot be denied coverage or charged more based on having a pre-existing condition. It was definitely a step in the right direction. I'd love if they could tweak a few things, nothing is perfect obviously, but I think it has provided many benefits so far

It's a bad law, in my opinion, but it's much better than the previous system. Until 'repeal and replace,' means more than just, 'repeal,' then I'll continue to support it.

You wanted Single Payer, right? Just asking.

I want a German styled system. The state, employees, and employers all pay into the national healthcare pool and those who make more than a certain amount can purchase private health insurance plans. Also, plenty of competition between private, public, and non-profit hospitals.

I want a German styled system. The state, employees, and employers all pay into the national healthcare pool and those who make more than a certain amount can purchase private health insurance plans. Also, plenty of competition between private, public, and non-profit hospitals.

Thanks for the clarification!

Guest facelessman07

Mildly related but I think 1 aspect that is hurting our healthcare system is the "profit" motive. I'd love to see health insurance companies become non-profit

Mildly related but I think 1 aspect that is hurting our healthcare system is the "profit" motive. I'd love to see health insurance companies become non-profit

This is why Georgia's healthcare system is struggling. The General Assembly pushed Blue Cross Blue Shield very hard to the point where they became a de facto monopoly on government and employer based healthcare plans. The problem? BCBS refused to give the hospitals more than a fraction of what they were billed as to increase their profits which has caused many of the hospitals to go dangerously into the red. This is why Grady refused to accept patients on BCBS and, last I heard, the General Assembly is furious with the company because they didn't bother to show up to a hearing about these problems. A friend who was interning there said one of the politicians said she'd make it her personal crusade to see BCBS crushed and thrown into the wind, but that was months ago.

It's not perfect but after having to use it and my initial grumblings I think it's actually a lot better than many give it credit for. Perfect? No, but imagine what kind of progress could have been made if the GOP spent time trying to help improve it as compared to all this energy spent trying to shut it down (and failing) just to be able to say we stopped Obamacare.

Time to take a page from Elsa...and Let it Go!

Guest facelessman07

Agree.....................to a point

I've seen countless patients suffer simply because the big guys refuse to pay for essential treatments that are desperately needed. They are a royal pain in the *** to healthcare providers. It's beyond infuriating

What is your take?

I've seen countless patients suffer simply because the big guys refuse to pay for essential treatments that are desperately needed. They are a royal pain in the *** to healthcare providers. It's beyond infuriating

What is your take?

A for profit insurance company is not bad, but getting d!cked over by one is, and I think we both agree on that last point! But, I will say this, something is always better than nothing, because for all the hoops some of the insurance companies make you jump through, not having insurance is worse! I'm with Slammee on this one, find a way to improve ACA.

What's the "biggest case" that they're waiting until tomorrow for?

Gay marriage, although that's looking like Monday now according to a friend of mine who works for the Department of Justice. He's just reading the tea leaves like everybody else, though.

This would be a much better solution than the current legislation. Costs are skyrocketing more than ever before...