Super Bowl and SECCG tix are not available as part of PSLs. Not sure about how they determine what other events are and are not available to PSL owners. To me, that is the key to deal and whether i will buy in.

My rep called these events "extraordinary events." She mentioned the two you said and included Final Fours and college playoffs. I'm thinking we'll have early access to concerts, motorsports, some low level college events, etc. I think the concerts are an opportunity for resale profits. There will be some big acts who will want to headline this new stadium.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... So you gave back 2 closer seats, moved back 2 rows and added 2 seats on aisle? And they contacted you to do it? Or did you call Rep? Did you let them charge your credit card? Or did you go back in? It seems that an attentive Sales Rep may be crucial...

I happened to be in Ft Lauderdale this week and he called me and made the offer. I didn't have the seat layouts with me so he sent them to me by email. I wanted to know which side started the count since the seats were 1 through 4 - and I was pleased to find out it's the seats closest to the sidelines as opposed to the goal post. He even referred to the layout as they are now to help me get the picture (Like referring to the section we will be in as comparable to section 122 - and the seat count starts closer to section 121)

I wasn't thrilled with moving back 2 rows - but I knew my husband wanted those aisle seats badly. So, I told him to let me discuss it with my husband and I'd get back with him. I went over it all with Nito and he told me to go ahead with the move.

I called Chris (our rep) back and told him to go ahead - but keep us on the no risk relocation in case something closer came up. I asked about the credit card - and he said if I wanted to use the same one it would be no problem because they had it on file and if I wanted to use a different one, to let him know. There was an additional $500 due because they still had the $100 deposit for 2 new seats if they came up - and that's what they charged to my card.

He emailed me the new PSL agreement - and I signed digitally - and everything was completed in a few minutes.

It seems that an attentive Sales Rep may be crucial...

After hearing more stories, I think this is the key component. I had no clue about the "no risk" agreement and never signed one. It was just me asking my rep and her keeping an eye out for the upgrade. A few more of my friends that are in ATL have since purchased and most have gotten better seats either at time of their meeting or thru the no risk situation. Typically they have been just a few rows better than their current seats. Seems with all the upgrades there are a decent amount of people not purchasing thus I would expect a fair amount of tickets to go up for non-STH to grab if they are interested.

After hearing more stories, I think this is the key component. I had no clue about the "no risk" agreement and never signed one. It was just me asking my rep and her keeping an eye out for the upgrade. A few more of my friends that are in ATL have since purchased and most have gotten better seats either at time of their meeting or thru the no risk situation. Typically they have been just a few rows better than their current seats. Seems with all the upgrades there are a decent amount of people not purchasing thus I would expect a fair amount of tickets to go up for non-STH to grab if they are interested.

It would seem that way. LOL who knows if you hold out long enough somebody could sit right next to Arthur and Thomas for half the price. They aren't gonna fill it up in 2015, probably not in 2016 and if they aren't coming of a winning season there will be opening day tickets floating around

It would seem that way. LOL who knows if you hold out long enough somebody could sit right next to Arthur and Thomas for half the price. They aren't gonna fill it up in 2015, probably not in 2016 and if they aren't coming of a winning season there will be opening day tickets floating around

But that still doesn't mean PSL's will go away ANY time soon! For those that thinks so can hold there breath til they pass out. Why would they at this point? #1 They already have plenty of buyers...obviously! #2 The Falcon's will make more money in the LONG run by just selling individual seats at the higher prices than what a season ticket holder gets them for. And if and when someone decides to buy a psl they would have made more money on that seat from 2017 on than what the original psl owner paid for his in that section. I'm not for paying extra money to watch football any different from what I have in the past. BUT a man has got to do what a man has go to do, IF you want to continue watching live football! Moles lol, Thers only true Falcons and Angry Birdz in here.

Edited by birdbrain24

But that still doesn't mean PSL's will go away ANY time soon! For those that thinks so can hold there breath til they pass out. Why would they at this point? #1 They already have plenty of buyers...obviously! #2 The Falcon's will make more money in the LONG run by just selling individual seats at the higher prices than what a season ticket holder gets them for. And if and when someone decides to buy a psl they would have made more money on that seat from 2017 on than what the original psl owner paid for his in that section. I'm not for paying extra money to watch football any different from what I have in the past. BUT a man has got to do what a man has go to do, IF you want to continue watching live football! Moles lol, Thers only true Falcons and Angry Birdz in here.

LOL why would you jump in prematurely when you don't know if they are gonna be any good either. **** I love the Falcons and watching them live, but between 77-95( when I had season tickets tickets) they only had really 5-6 decent years. And yet since then I've had no problem getting tickets to any game I just had to see including playoff games divisional or conference championship, Saints games, Monday night games.

If they had plenty of buyers wouldn't it be difficult for this first wave of buyer their upgrades that they have received? After all just a few months ago the Falcons mantra was no guarantee to get extra tickets or the exact seats you want etc. etc.

LOL they are trying to create an illusion that they are selling out when there are 40,000 plus seats remaining to be sold at the very least. Same thing I would do if I had 68,000 PSL's to sell make it seem like there is gonna be a shortage. There won't be a rush on tickets unless the Falcons are coming off a deep playoff run in 2016, or have an exciting draft and free agency. Nothing wrong with that it's just the most likely reality.

What's great for me at least is they have made me pause and really think do I want to be tethered to season tickets for 30 years at $5000 a pop , after all Hawks basketball is on the upswing, Braves are getting a stadium and while both are less exciting than the Birds, the schedule is more flexible for your luxury entertainment dollar, not mention MLS.Got a year and a few months to make up my mind.

LOL why would you jump in prematurely when you don't know if they are gonna be any good either. **** I love the Falcons and watching them live, but between 77-95( when I had season tickets tickets) they only had really 5-6 decent years. And yet since then I've had no problem getting tickets to any game I just had to see including playoff games divisional or conference championship, Saints games, Monday night games.

If they had plenty of buyers wouldn't it be difficult for this first wave of buyer their upgrades that they have received? After all just a few months ago the Falcons mantra was no guarantee to get extra tickets or the exact seats you want etc. etc.

LOL they are trying to create an illusion that they are selling out when there are 40,000 plus seats remaining to be sold at the very least. Same thing I would do if I had 68,000 PSL's to sell make it seem like there is gonna be a shortage. There won't be a rush on tickets unless the Falcons are coming off a deep playoff run in 2016, or have an exciting draft and free agency. Nothing wrong with that it's just the most likely reality.

What's great for me at least is they have made me pause and really think do I want to be tethered to season tickets for 30 years at $5000 a pop , after all Hawks basketball is on the upswing, Braves are getting a stadium and while both are less exciting than the Birds, the schedule is more flexible for your luxury entertainment dollar, not mention MLS.Got a year and a few months to make up my mind.

putnam6 , you are probably right the psl arn't going to reach 50% sold after this year or the next. But I don't think the Falcons are really concerned. They have not had a good season ticket base since 2012. They will make more money in the long run selling individual seats til psl's sell. Remember the fair weather season ticket holder is none existent and not heard of with psl's.They can't just buy season tickets and give them up after a bad season or what ever the reason may be! If anyone faults on there loan ,well the Falcons are ahead of the game by at least 10% of the cost up front.It's not for everyone!! If I had mid row seats on back of the lower level , any upper level seating OR 40-50 yd line club seating I definitely would take my changes....and wait it out, just might benefit ((this group of seating))guessing!! If you have any lower level seating on the first few rows in the $3000- $5000 area you are taking the biggest risk if you DON'T renew.There is no other sport except college football that compares to the NFL. The per seat cost per game IN THE LOWER SAME SEATING AREAS are at a higher cost in the NBA or MLB and there seasons are too long and every game is not as meaningful and the 8 games at home in the NFL. It cost you a $100+ to sit in the dugout seating or lower seating of the NBA at 40+ games and 80+ games, my seats in the dome are $88 on the first row and every game is like do or die. If you want to talk about getting to buy reasonable tickets to games any time you want or last at the last second then your talking about all Atlanta sports except Ga football!! I do choose NOT to have season tickets to all other all sports, but my Falcons.

Edited by birdbrain24

I know the Falcons aren't concerned,they will be content with whatever percentage they get and sell they rest at inflated single game prices. Just have seen it represented by one person that the Falcons had to do PSL's to save to poor tax payer and get the stadium built, and that they are selling like hotcakes and you won't be able to see a Falcons game live unless you buy a PSL now.

Atlanta Falcons fan base/Metro Atlanta /North Georgia can not or will not support a sell out PSL business model, Which is where I am coming from. It's not about fan loyalty either, there is a growing divide economically many of the middle class are sliding into the lower class.

BTW Braves and Hawks both have had a variety of ticket packages (1/2, 1/4 season etc) that still get you playoff tickets.

Hawks and Braves have different ticket packages available is because they themselves are not selling out of full season packages ! It's a business ( for your entertainment)that's not cheap or free! I wouldn't dare buy that many games of a sport unless I had intentions of selling over half of them but wouldn't want the aggravation or worry. The falcon already have and will have more packages to sell depending on the psl sells. Preseason tix are on restaurant.com at a discounted price ,also seasonticket holders should have discounted preseason as well but aren't .Even though my psl cost doesn't get me into any of club activities or rights to the Super Bowl etc., I think I will see more perks and special invites than I have over the last 23 yrs of season tickets .

Hawks and Braves have different ticket packages available is because they themselves are not selling out of full season packages ! It's a business ( for your entertainment)that's not cheap or free! I wouldn't dare buy that many games of a sport unless I had intentions of selling over half of them but wouldn't want the aggravation or worry. The falcon already have and will have more packages to sell depending on the psl sells. Preseason tix are on restaurant.com at a discounted price ,also seasonticket holders should have discounted preseason as well but aren't .Even though my psl cost doesn't get me into any of club activities or rights to the Super Bowl etc., I think I will see more perks and special invites than I have over the last 23 yrs of season tickets .

To each his own, I am sure I'd be hyperventilating myself if I had season tickets these last few years and now here comes a new venue LOL I'd be jumping all over them. While there ain't nothing like watching the Birds live in living color. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want at least 1st row upper level or below and all of those look like $2500-$5000 a pop, LOL I'm still looking at a cabin in the mountains . Would definitely be interested in a half season package work travel screws up my schedule in September anyway.

I bought in as well. I'm in sec 124 row 2 at the GA Dome in the endzone at the Falcons tunnel. At the new stadium meeting with my rep, I was shown a piece of paper with sec 118 and what they referred to as row 2 seats. Same endzone seats at the Falcons tunnel. My problem is that on the seating chart, even though I'm 2nd row in sec 118, my row is listed as row 11. There are suites underneath this section apparently getting rows 1-9. Why number the rows in the suites and screw us out of the resale value of having row 2 seats in the actual section? There's a big difference on the resale market between row 2 and row 11. I now have the burden of trying to explain that my row 11 tickets are really row 2 tickets. Was is really necessary to give row numbers to the seats that come with the suites? They are suites. Isn't that good enough? To me it seems like another way that the loyal fan is getting looked over here.

Hendo, I was told as well that my section being 119 row 1 is known as row 11. There is a lot of stadiums seating like this including the Braves . The 1st row of the out field is not considered row 1 either . I know on most ticket sites it does have a section to list ( obstacles , alcohol free section, 1st row of section ) . Put for yours actual 2nd row of section .

Edited by birdbrain24

To each his own, I am sure I'd be hyperventilating myself if I had season tickets these last few years and now here comes a new venue LOL I'd be jumping all over them. While there ain't nothing like watching the Birds live in living color. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want at least 1st row upper level or below and all of those look like $2500-$5000 a pop, LOL I'm still looking at a cabin in the mountains . Would definitely be interested in a half season package work travel screws up my schedule in September anyway.

Go for the cabin.

New question......

Have any of the 300 level STHs been contacted about setting up dates and times to meet with reps yet? I think those meetings start on Aug 17 if I recall. Seems like I should have gotten a letter or an email by now....

Just curious.

Thanks

I am in the 300s and have not been contacted. Don't know what kind of lead time they gave the 100s and 200s.

New question......

Have any of the 300 level STHs been contacted about setting up dates and times to meet with reps yet? I think those meetings start on Aug 17 if I recall. Seems like I should have gotten a letter or an email by now....

Just curious.

Thanks

We're in 234 and passed on our seats, hoping to find something good in the upper level. I was told that 300 sales would run over 1 month from mid August to mid September. After that it's a recall for those who passed, in order of ticket seniority. We have 35 years of continuous tickets and should be right at or very near the front of that line. So I'm hoping to hear back around Sept 15th.

BTW...i never posted my experience in the PSL meeting.

First of all I want to say that my family has had Falcons season tickets for 45 of the 50 years they've been in existence (1968-1976 and again from 1980 to present). My father bought them the year we moved to Atlanta along with several other little league coaches. We've always sat in the end zone because coaches prefer that to see the blocking lanes. The original seats in Fulton County were the "Bob Eucker" seats (top row upper level end zone). We are now in 234 row 3. We could have easily moved down a level and closer to the 50, but we like where we're at.

My son is now a huge fan and we had 3 generations sitting in our seats during the 2012 NFCCG. In 2013 my father's health made it impossible to continue attending and he has now transferred ownership to me. Our PSL's are $2500 each and we have 3 seats. Game price is $95.

The fact that there is no discount whatsoever for 45 years of patronage to a (historically) very poor product really bothers me. I'm not interested in 100 yard big screens or fancy bars. I come to watch football and would watch the Falcons on a mud soaked cow pasture in the rain if they were winners. Or actually even if they weren't. We sat through rain and cold many times at AFCS while watching a team that was generally out of the playoffs by late November. That's what fans do. And you never say die till the final whistle. That's what I was taught.

If it weren't for the fact that my son is a fan I would probably drop the tickets altogether. I'm upset at how this all went down. But his quote after the 2012 49ers loss ("Dad, it hurts") still rings in my ears. That's how I feel and I'm sure many others on this board as well. It's like a punch in the gut or a lost love. It sticks with you. And there have been FAR too many of those with this team. But this is my hometown, and I will stick by the Falcons, whether I can afford to attend beyond 2016 or not.

My wife had no idea what a PSL even was until about a week before the meeting. She was furious when she heard the details and insisted on going. I truly expected her to give our rep an earful. But she had softened by the time we went and, in true Southern fashion, was hospitable and nice. Myself, I was rather cranky, but honest about my grievances.

The lady that is our rep was courteous, but matter of fact. One concern I had was the actual heat/temperature of early season games. It can easily be in the 90's in Georgia well into December. I asked to see a picture of the shaded areas of the seating, which she provided, but was unable to print for me. But the bottom line is this: This is an "open air" stadium in name only. It's much more (old) Texas Stadium than Mile High. Little hole in the roof. The vast majority of seats are in the shade the entire game. Which I prefer. You don't wanna be wearing red and black sitting in the direct setting sun of a Georgia September.

More on the layout. The reason there are few seats in the east end zone is because that area will be left "open" with mostly glass to highlight the Atlanta skyline. This is similar to what you get from the home side in Grant Field and should be beautiful for night games. There is a 360 degree LCD board similar to Phillips Arena but with true high def capability. Enough on the layout. To get to the point.

Our comps were in the same row, though not quite center end zone because of how the aisle's are arranged. I stated my frustration of the lack of a patronage discount. I also expressed that I feel what is happening is they are forcing true fans out or upward in lieu of corporate "attendees" (I'm not gonna call them fans) that will get prime seating but care much less about the game outcome. She countered that the PSL purchases so far have been about 50-50 corporate vs. individual by her estimate. She also stated that ALL seats will have PSLs, and she is very confident they will sell out by 2017. She worked for the 49ers and Jets doing the same job and they are now ahead of the pace in San Francisco, which did sell out.

I asked her about moving one level up in a lower row where our total PSL cost would be $6000 cheaper. I even offered her $1000 each for 3 of the $500 PSL seats on the spot, which she was unable to accept. Of course that didn't surprise me. We left with the notion that we would think about it and reconnect by email a couple weeks later. But truly my mind was made up. $7500 is too much money (for us) to pay for the right to further pay for a product. It breaks my heart, but we have a son still in college, and are approaching retirement ourselves. It would be risky and financially irresponsible to do this for the entertainment of watching a football team ten times a year, no matter how much I love them.

So, bottom line, we will eagerly wait till Sept 17th for the call back, hoping to snare something in the top few rows of the section directly above us. Our rep said she can't guarantee even the top 10-15 rows. There's also the mandatory handicapped seating which takes a big portion of row 1 in the upper level all the way around. But waiting and risking is one area (the ONLY area) where our ticket seniority might actually help us. The call backs are based on seniority, not seat location. We should be very close to the front of that call back list. Very close. That's all I can hope for at this point.

I want to stress again how helpful our rep was. No pressure, no BS from I could tell. Just good matter of fact conversation. She spent well over an hour with us and never rushed us, even though she originally said it would probably take 30 minutes.