PSLs will never work in Atlanta. Atlanta does not have the Oil money that Dallas has, the Political money that Washington has, or the winning tradtions that Pittsburg has. Tennessee tried to do PSLs with the Titans and fell flat on their face. Building a new stadium will not help sell PSLs, Atlanta is too transient of a city to try and sell these. And Falcons do not appear to be in a postion to go on a ten year run like the Braves so I think no matter how you try and paint it. There will be plenty of good seats available in the new stadium in about three years.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't say you couldn't get a seat - said you would pay for it. I am assuming you are talking about 2012 season playoff games - and I was at both - and there were plenty of Falcon fans. After the win against Seattle, the streets were incredible. I remember these guys dressed like the "Blue Man Group" but in Red and Black - running through the streets - Falcon fans were off the chain.

I'm not sure where you were looking, but we were represented at those games.

Oh, and we aren't talking 71,000 PSL seats to my understanding - lower level seats do not make 71,000 seats.

Am I wrong I was told there will be PSL's on every seat? 71,000 is the listed capacity

The stadium’s 60,000-plus non-club seats will carry PSLs — one-time fees for the right to buy season tickets — ranging from $500 to $5,500, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.

Got 2 mezzanine tickets $150 each for the Seahawks and two for the Niners for $200 from another seller , considering where they were and it being playoff games the price wasn't unreasonable. And probably close to the ticket cost of comparable seats at the new stadium not including the $5,000 to $10,000 30 year PSL commitment.

Point being that here are the Birds just a few years ago 1 game from the Super Bowl and it wan't filled up with Falcons fans, Yea they were well represented but those same fans that bailed on the playoffs might be giving a 30 year commitment a second thought.

They won't sell out. tickets end up going to fans of visiting teams, and what should be a home field advantage is lost for the love of PSL's. Of course owners don't care or at least the CFO doesn't because Otto the out of towner's money spends the same as Harry hometown.

Thing is this isn't something new didn't the Falcons have a provision in the Ga Dome for years, that mezzanine seating didn't count towards selling out, because they were only available at that time as season tickets only, and sales were pretty lackluster then too.

Not trying to unenthusiastic but gonna stink if the Saints come in here and plop 10,000 fans in the stadium, hate that crap saw that too much at AFCS. And know you saw it too.

LOL maybe that's why my relationships burn out after 10-12 years because I can handle commitment, at least thats what my exes say LOL

Am I wrong I was told there will be PSL's on every seat? 71,000 is the listed capacity

The stadium’s 60,000-plus non-club seats will carry PSLs — one-time fees for the right to buy season tickets — ranging from $500 to $5,500, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.

Got 2 mezzanine tickets $150 each for the Seahawks and two for the Niners for $200 from another seller , considering where they were and it being playoff games the price wasn't unreasonable. And probably close to the ticket cost of comparable seats at the new stadium not including the $5,000 to $10,000 30 year PSL commitment.

Point being that here are the Birds just a few years ago 1 game from the Super Bowl and it wan't filled up with Falcons fans, Yea they were well represented but those same fans that bailed on the playoffs might be giving a 30 year commitment a second thought.

They won't sell out. tickets end up going to fans of visiting teams, and what should be a home field advantage is lost for the love of PSL's. Of course owners don't care or at least the CFO doesn't because Otto the out of towner's money spends the same as Harry hometown.

Thing is this isn't something new didn't the Falcons have a provision in the Ga Dome for years, that mezzanine seating didn't count towards selling out, because they were only available at that time as season tickets only, and sales were pretty lackluster then too.

Not trying to unenthusiastic but gonna stink if the Saints come in here and plop 10,000 fans in the stadium, hate that crap saw that too much at AFCS. And know you saw it too.

LOL maybe that's why my relationships burn out after 10-12 years because I can handle commitment, at least thats what my exes say LOL

I understood differently. I'm reaching out now to my rep to see if I can get it clarified. There may be a PSL on all season ticket seats, but it doesn't mean they won't have single game sales on non lower level seats if they are not sold as a season ticket. That explanation would make a tremendous difference and honestly, I'm not sure.

As for opposing fans, that won't change. Even if they did sell every seat with PSL's, there would be plenty of second market sales. Certain teams always have a large fan showing. Steelers, Saints, Packers and Bears for instance. Many of our regular fans are from other areas as Atlanta is very transient. They come to the home games in Falcon gear unless we are playing their "home" team - and then they come in their Cowboy, Bear or Steelers gear for that week - cheer like crazy for that team - and next week they show up again in Falcon gear.

Just the way it is. Doesn't make me any less likely to show up, be loud and supportive. Just the way I am.

Oh - and as for ticket sales, I know from experience how the sales go. I've carried up to 6 extra seats a year for family and friends and have to sell them when I don't have family or friends going. I've sold them in good times and bad - and no matter what deal you got - there's a big difference. Those same seats you got could go for as little as $20 a seat during a bad season we just squeaked through in.

I understood differently. I'm reaching out now to my rep to see if I can get it clarified. There may be a PSL on all season ticket seats, but it doesn't mean they won't have single game sales on non lower level seats if they are not sold as a season ticket. That explanation would make a tremendous difference and honestly, I'm not sure.

As for opposing fans, that won't change. Even if they did sell every seat with PSL's, there would be plenty of second market sales. Certain teams always have a large fan showing. Steelers, Saints, Packers and Bears for instance. Many of our regular fans are from other areas as Atlanta is very transient. They come to the home games in Falcon gear unless we are playing their "home" team - and then they come in their Cowboy, Bear or Steelers gear for that week - cheer like crazy for that team - and next week they show up again in Falcon gear.

Just the way it is. Doesn't make me any less likely to show up, be loud and supportive. Just the way I am.

Oh - and as for ticket sales, I know from experience how the sales go. I've carried up to 6 extra seats a year for family and friends and have to sell them when I don't have family or friends going. I've sold them in good times and bad - and no matter what deal you got - there's a big difference. Those same seats you got could go for as little as $20 a seat during a bad season we just squeaked through in.

LOL don't get wrong not questioning your fandom, or anybody else here. But you would agree you are an exceptional fan, IF this PSL crap runs off one exceptional fan thats one fan the Falcons can't afford to lose now imagine the turn off it is to the larger casual fan base. Already have seen a few here say they aren't renewing. It's easy to be pragmatic and say oh well thats the way it is, but not only is this gonna run off some people, it's turned it into a luxury entertainment, that no doubt will alienate even a larger segment of metro Atlanta than it already has. AND MAKE IT PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR AN AVERAGE MAN TO TAKE HIS FAMILY OF 4 TO A GAME. Sorry Lil Jimmy can't go to college but he has damm good seats at the Falcons game for the next 30 Years. LOL h e l l I sound like a Democrat LOL.

Point remains Atlanta isn't a great city to try and sell 71,000 PSL's. A modified program could have had PSL's for some seats and a little bit of a break for the rest of the less fortunate Falcons fans. Especially when the argument is THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO SELL THEM ALL ANYWAY.

LOL don't get wrong not questioning your fandom, or anybody else here. But you would agree you are an exceptional fan, IF this PSL crap runs off one exceptional fan thats one fan the Falcons can't afford to lose now imagine the turn off it is to the larger casual fan base. Already have seen a few here say they aren't renewing. It's easy to be pragmatic and say oh well thats the way it is, but not only is this gonna run off some people, it's turned it into a luxury entertainment, that no doubt will alienate even a larger segment of metro Atlanta than it already has. AND MAKE IT PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR AN AVERAGE MAN TO TAKE HIS FAMILY OF 4 TO A GAME. Sorry Lil Jimmy can't go to college but he has damm good seats at the Falcons game for the next 30 Years. LOL h e l l I sound like a Democrat LOL.

Point remains Atlanta isn't a great city to try and sell 71,000 PSL's. A modified program could have had PSL's for some seats and a little bit of a break for the rest of the less fortunate Falcons fans.

I agree with a lot of this. I DID NOT like or want to pay PSL's. I am unfortunately, addicted to those Birds, though, and the game day experience and I'm very fortunately able to pay. This does not mean I like the idea - nor that I agree with it.

I feel all of the blame though, isn't really on Blank or the Falcons organization, but has to be distributed to the greedy NFL, blackmailing owners into these new "more luxury seated" stadiums with the threat of not bringing any more Super Bowls or events to the city without them - and doling out that extra income instead to the "compliant" teams and to the GWCC and the greedy politicians getting their "share" of the pie, along with strong-arming (in a nice political manner) them into specific areas, specific contractors, etc., etc.

Not that the Falcons aren't getting their share, but hey - they had to have all these deals finalized by the GWCC and approved by the NFL. It's a true blame fest all the way around, and you are right. The guy who pays is the guy who does pony up all his extra now to remain a loyal Falcon fan at the games. The fans like me, who are fortunate enough to be able to afford it, will grumble, hate it intensely, and depending on how much it means to them personally, find a way to pay either for comparable or down-graded seats. The fans (mostly corporate or extremely wealthy) who don't worry about the cost will pony up for the luxury of being where they want to be, but I doubt that in any way they are pleased with the cost increase, either. Although, some will enjoy the new luxuries, for sure.

If my costs had been more than I could reasonably pay without denting any area of my personal obligations, I would have gone the way a lot of fans did - second market only. I was able to handle the payments without hurting those obligations though, so I'm fortunate in that area - but it doesn't make me like it any more, believe that.

I agree with a lot of this. I DID NOT like or want to pay PSL's. I am unfortunately, addicted to those Birds, though, and the game day experience and I'm very fortunately able to pay. This does not mean I like the idea - nor that I agree with it.

I feel all of the blame though, isn't really on Blank or the Falcons organization, but has to be distributed to the greedy NFL, blackmailing owners into these new "more luxury seated" stadiums with the threat of not bringing any more Super Bowls or events to the city without them - and doling out that extra income instead to the "compliant" teams and to the GWCC and the greedy politicians getting their "share" of the pie, along with strong-arming (in a nice political manner) them into specific areas, specific contractors, etc., etc.

Not that the Falcons aren't getting their share, but hey - they had to have all these deals finalized by the GWCC and approved by the NFL. It's a true blame fest all the way around, and you are right. The guy who pays is the guy who does pony up all his extra now to remain a loyal Falcon fan at the games. The fans like me, who are fortunate enough to be able to afford it, will grumble, hate it intensely, and depending on how much it means to them personally, find a way to pay either for comparable or down-graded seats. The fans (mostly corporate or extremely wealthy) who don't worry about the cost will pony up for the luxury of being where they want to be, but I doubt that in any way they are pleased with the cost increase, either. Although, some will enjoy the new luxuries, for sure.

If my costs had been more than I could reasonably pay without denting any area of my personal obligations, I would have gone the way a lot of fans did - second market only. I was able to handle the payments without hurting those obligations though, so I'm fortunate in that area - but it doesn't make me like it any more, believe that.

LOL I agree I didn't mean to infer that you were happy with the situation, I know going to games means a lot to you and certainly know you know your stuff . Who knows maybe I'm finally growing up, LOL 10 years ago I'd bought without a second thought. Because there isn't nothing like going to the game, I loved going to AFCS but grew to like the Georgia Dome especially when it was rocking. And I do know that this new stadium will be an experience all into itself, what that means for wins and losses we will have to see. Not to sound like FFS70 wish the Falcons had thousands of fans just like you are, trust me.......

I am impressed with all the Falcon fans that have gone to the extreme and bought PSL's and equally impressed those who want to or wrestling with the desire to buy.

I am also simply amazed after 5 winning seasons follow 2 decades of losing that the ownership would have the balls to implement PSL's as though we are a winning franchise and the fans will pay anything to see this team. The reality is we are a new and emerging team. We loose as much as we win and PSL's just shitted on the new faithful that can't afford the extra money and the old timers that stuck through a lot of bad teams and coaches.

Shame on you Arthur--this was simply a greed move

I am impressed with all the Falcon fans that have gone to the extreme and bought PSL's and equally impressed those who want to or wrestling with the desire to buy.

I am also simply amazed after 5 winning seasons follow 2 decades of losing that the ownership would have the balls to implement PSL's as though we are a winning franchise and the fans will pay anything to see this team. The reality is we are a new and emerging team. We loose as much as we win and PSL's just shitted on the new faithful that can't afford the extra money and the old timers that stuck through a lot of bad teams and coaches.

Shame on you Arthur--this was simply a greed move

DSCN5977.jpg

"SO THE PLAN IS, THESE GENIUSES WILL ACTUALLY PAY ME JUST TO LET THEM BUY TICKETS TO SEE A TEAM THAT'S NEVER WON A SUPERBOWL IN A DIFFERENT STADIUM."

"C'MON, MAN, THAT'LL NEVER WORK. WELL, WORTH A SHOT, I GUESS."

Point remains Atlanta isn't a great city to try and sell 71,000 PSL's. A modified program could have had PSL's for some seats and a little bit of a break for the rest of the less fortunate Falcons fans. Especially when the argument is THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO SELL THEM ALL ANYWAY.

My wife just found out about the PSLs. She didn't really understand how they work until now. She is FURIOUS. Our appointment with the rep is next week and she's insisting on going.

Man they're gonna get an earful. It's no fun dealing with that woman when she's mad. We've had seats in the family for 47 of 50 years. My dad bought them when I was 7. No discount, no consideration at all for all that patronage.

Edited by since68andcounting

So Tandy, what baffles me about all this is we heard for years how the Falcons had a crappy deal on concessions, parking, etc.. because the city paid for and built the dome and the GWCC operated it.

So now the Falcons are footing over NINETY percent of the cost of this new stadium, laying most of it on the fans. And I read in your post that they are, once again, LEASING the dome from the GWCC.

What gives there? It makes Arthur look like an idiot. He's paying for it, the Falcons should own it. I think the fans are not the only ones getting a screw job here.

So Tandy, what baffles me about all this is we heard for years how the Falcons had a crappy deal on concessions, parking, etc.. because the city paid for and built the dome and the GWCC operated it.

So now the Falcons are footing over NINETY percent of the cost of this new stadium, laying most of it on the fans. And I read in your post that they are, once again, LEASING the dome from the GWCC.

What gives there? It makes Arthur look like an idiot. He's paying for it, the Falcons should own it. I think the fans are not the only ones getting a screw job here.

The Falcons aren't getting screwed at all: by not owning the stadium, they didn't have to buy the land, while they still get all the benefits of owning it (parking, concessions, PSL, naming rights, and ticketing revenue streams). The last thing the Falcons care about is owning the stadium if they control what really matters: the money from operating the stadium.

Kind of a strange situation - but I am sure they looked at all their options. I found this about the deal:

The funding for the new Atlanta stadium is a model example of a public-private partnership. Private funding will cover approximately 70-80% of the stadium’s construction costs. In addition, the Falcons will take on construction cost overruns as well as operating and capital risks currently borne by the Georgia World Congress Center for the Georgia Dome, which relieves the state of these potential liabilities. The remaining 20-30% of the cost of the new stadium will be publicly funded by the existing hotel-motel tax, which is paid by visitors. This is the same funding that has been used to fund the debt on the Georgia Dome for the past 20 years. For more information on the Hotel-Motel Tax, click here.

Ownership/Management – GWCCA will own the new stadium and will license rights of use to AFFC. AFFC, through an affiliate, will manage the design, construction and operation of the new stadium (including budgeting), with GWCCA having significant review and approval rights, including approval rights over any third party venue management firm.

License Term – 30 years, with AFFC having the right to exercise three five-year renewal rights. AFFC will sign a non-relocation agreement to play at the new stadium for the full license term.

Financing – GWCCA will make available the land for the new stadium. The new stadium project will be funded in a public-private partnership. Approximately one-third of the new stadium project cost will be funded from the proceeds of a GWCCA bond offering secured by a portion of the hotel-motel tax revenues. AFFC is responsible for the remaining two-thirds of the costs of development and construction on the new stadium site, as well as any cost overruns. GWCCA and AFFC are considering the sale of personal seat licenses as part of the new stadium financing.

Revenues/Expenses – AFFC will retain revenue streams from the new stadium, including tickets, premium seating, food & beverage, sponsorships, naming rights and parking. AFFC will pay all operating expenses of the new stadium, eliminating state operating risk exposure.

License Fee – AFFC will pay GWCCA $2.5 million per year with a 2 percent annual escalator during the initial 30-year term and any renewal terms.

Events Scheduling Priority – (1) NFL games, (2) Georgia Dome Legacy Events (e.g., SEC football championship, NCAA basketball and other events traditionally hosted at the Georgia Dome), GWCCA Events (e.g., conventions and trade shows), Atlanta Bid Events (e.g., BCS bowl games, political conventions), and certain MLS games (if applicable), (3) any events expected to have more than 20,000 in attendance and (4) other events. Events at the new stadium are not limited to those on the priority list; this term is only intended to set priorities. GWCCA will manage Georgia Dome Legacy Events, GWCCA Events and Atlanta Bid Events and has priority rights to assure that the new stadium will be available to host such events on customary terms.

Capital Expenditures/Improvements – AFFC will be required to maintain the new stadium at a level at least equal to comparable NFL facilities taking into account age. AFFC will recommend an annual capital expenditures plan, subject to GWCCA approval.

Other Agreements – A number of other agreements, including site coordination, parking, construction, financing and definitive lease agreements, will be required as part of a final agreement. All of these agreements will be subject to the further approval of the GWCCA Board.

Lets not kid ourselves here. The Falcons know EXACTLY what they are doing with the PSLs. Sure they knew they were going to alienate a lot of long term STH that had primo seats on the lower level sidelines. But, they are a business and they are in it to make money, so why not sell those seats with $40K PSLs if there is a market for them? Long term STH can either begrudgingly move to the cheaper seats or bail altogether. The Falcons knew this was going to happen, and they are rolling the dice that they will get enough long term STH to settle for lesser accounts. Preliminary numbers seem to indicate this decision worked for them...they've sold most of those primo PSLs I believe.

Also, people are griping that Atlanta isn't the type of town to support PSLs. Granted, we aren't Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, NY, etc. However, IIRC haven't the last 12+ stadiums that have/are being built have PSL requirements? Unless I am missing something, the Falcons have virtually nothing to lose (except a few thousand disgruntled fans) and everything to gain by stating that ALL seats in the new stadium will require PSLs. They can always change their mind down the road to put butts in the seats, just like Cleveland is doing now. The Falcons brass will be laughing all the way to the bank. They are basically calling the bluff of thousands of ticket holders who didn't want to 'risk' losing a good seat.

I would be SHOCKED if they sold out the PSLs prior to 2017. What is the benefit of plunking down $$$ for a 30 year investment to get Row 20 upper level corner seats guaranteed? If those were MY seats, I'd let them go in a heartbeat. However, if I had seats in the first 5 rows, its a much tougher decision. SOMEBODY is going to snatch up those desirable seats prior to 2017, and if I want to assure good seats, Im probably going to have to pony up.

PS: My seats are 10 yard line, row 2, upper deck. Same ticket price and PSL cost as the 50 yard line, but not near the desirability of 50 yard line seats. Tough decision for me for sure....

Lets not kid ourselves here. The Falcons know EXACTLY what they are doing with the PSLs. Sure they knew they were going to alienate a lot of long term STH that had primo seats on the lower level sidelines. But, they are a business and they are in it to make money, so why not sell those seats with $40K PSLs if there is a market for them? Long term STH can either begrudgingly move to the cheaper seats or bail altogether. The Falcons knew this was going to happen, and they are rolling the dice that they will get enough long term STH to settle for lesser accounts. Preliminary numbers seem to indicate this decision worked for them...they've sold most of those primo PSLs I believe. Also, people are griping that Atlanta isn't the type of town to support PSLs. Granted, we aren't Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, NY, etc. However, IIRC haven't the last 12+ stadiums that have/are being built have PSL requirements? Unless I am missing something, the Falcons have virtually nothing to lose (except a few thousand disgruntled fans) and everything to gain by stating that ALL seats in the new stadium will require PSLs. They can always change their mind down the road to put butts in the seats, just like Cleveland is doing now. The Falcons brass will be laughing all the way to the bank. They are basically calling the bluff of thousands of ticket holders who didn't want to 'risk' losing a good seat. I would be SHOCKED if they sold out the PSLs prior to 2017. What is the benefit of plunking down $$$ for a 30 year investment to get Row 20 upper level corner seats guaranteed? If those were MY seats, I'd let them go in a heartbeat. However, if I had seats in the first 5 rows, its a much tougher decision. SOMEBODY is going to snatch up those desirable seats prior to 2017, and if I want to assure good seats, Im probably going to have to pony up. PS: My seats are 10 yard line, row 2, upper deck. Same ticket price and PSL cost as the 50 yard line, but not near the desirability of 50 yard line seats. Tough decision for me for sure....

You hit the nail on the head! It's a game and a business all in one, take your chances and miss out or get the last laugh(not sure which one is correct). If you give up great seats now they are not going to be replaced down the road without paying a price. $3000 isn't peanut money but it sure isn't $45,000 either! I thought and thought and I couldn't just walk away from my row 1 seats and pass up the opportunity for my kids to carry on something that I have enjoyed doing for years ((at NO added cost to them))((on me))!!! I have added 2 seats on the second row just to take the whole family for the first couple of years.My plan is to sell my second row at some point.I do believe there will be more added value and perks down the road for those that purchased outside of the club seating.If I had rows10,20, or 30 I would give them up in a heart beat with NOTHING to lose.And If I had the opportunity to sit on the bench for $45000 a seat I would still tell you to kiss my ___!Prime seats will hold there value for a while as the others will come and go as usually. The fan base will be split as a lot of the tickets will be resold for profits. It's a business remember - no ball player is playing any more just for the sport of it! All new attractions and restaurants draw crowds with just the newness and it will be no different with the new stadium and Wins and Loses ....WILL NOT MATTER, down the road it will.

I have great seats and have until Friday July 10th to keep them or they go away. Being a season ticket holder for over 30 years it is going to be expensive decision. I have good sideline seats but if I was sitting in the middle or back of the section there would be no way I would do it. My rep says that all the guys who let there seats go because they became club seats will be fighting for good sideline seats next week after some people let them go.

My meeting is later today. I've got mezzanine first row seats in the end zone. I love my seats, but 5K is a lot of money added on top of a 30% increase on ticket prices.

So basically I can do what I'm doing now and attend most/all games (minus useless preseason), OR attend 4 and try to make some extra to offseat the $400 lost on preseason by selling the others (which I hate because no friends want to pay for them and selling online is a crap shoot, not even mentioning how I despise seeing so many other fans in our building), OR forget the PSL and just know I'll pay extra to attend 3-4 games per year and playoffs. If secondary market prices are $200 per ticket, I'm still coming out cheaper attending 4 games than I would by keeping my seats, not even factoring the PSL. The downside is I lose my primo seats I've worked to get for 17 years.

My wife is dead set on letting them go. We'll see how it goes this morning. I really wish they had worked a better deal based on seniority or actually offered perks to being a STH. Other than the price break, it's been nothing for 17 years.

LOL should have put that in purple.

Still I think it will be easier for the Falcons to make it to back to back Super Bowls than sell 71,000 PSL seats by 2017. **** what team has only PSL's and sells out? Again you got just in the recent years Cowboys, Giants, Jets and 49ers playing the PSL game and not a one of them have sold them all out yet. LOL hard ticket when? Got tickets to both playoff games 2013 fairly easily week of the game,great seats too. One reason there were Seahawks and Niner fans everywhere, just not enough Falcons fans gave a ****.

There is no way they will come close to selling 70,000+ PSL's with the current set up!!!! They will sell maybe 40k. There will be plenty of single game tix available.

I WAS an STH for 18 years and bailed on my row 7, 40 yd line tix this year. The only reason that stadium filled up was because Blank sold upper level STH tix for $10 when he bought the team. Those upper deckers were still only $39 last year. It appears Blank forgot about that. Does anyone know how many STH's there were last year or the year before?

Lets not kid ourselves here. The Falcons know EXACTLY what they are doing with the PSLs. Sure they knew they were going to alienate a lot of long term STH that had primo seats on the lower level sidelines. But, they are a business and they are in it to make money, so why not sell those seats with $40K PSLs if there is a market for them? Long term STH can either begrudgingly move to the cheaper seats or bail altogether. The Falcons knew this was going to happen, and they are rolling the dice that they will get enough long term STH to settle for lesser accounts. Preliminary numbers seem to indicate this decision worked for them...they've sold most of those primo PSLs I believe. Also, people are griping that Atlanta isn't the type of town to support PSLs. Granted, we aren't Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, NY, etc. However, IIRC haven't the last 12+ stadiums that have/are being built have PSL requirements? Unless I am missing something, the Falcons have virtually nothing to lose (except a few thousand disgruntled fans) and everything to gain by stating that ALL seats in the new stadium will require PSLs. They can always change their mind down the road to put butts in the seats, just like Cleveland is doing now. The Falcons brass will be laughing all the way to the bank. They are basically calling the bluff of thousands of ticket holders who didn't want to 'risk' losing a good seat. I would be SHOCKED if they sold out the PSLs prior to 2017. What is the benefit of plunking down $$$ for a 30 year investment to get Row 20 upper level corner seats guaranteed? If those were MY seats, I'd let them go in a heartbeat. However, if I had seats in the first 5 rows, its a much tougher decision. SOMEBODY is going to snatch up those desirable seats prior to 2017, and if I want to assure good seats, Im probably going to have to pony up. PS: My seats are 10 yard line, row 2, upper deck. Same ticket price and PSL cost as the 50 yard line, but not near the desirability of 50 yard line seats. Tough decision for me for sure....

Again they aren't going to have any issues paying off the new stadium just from the various events in the next 10 years, PSL's are just another revenue PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL to make it happen faster no more no less. Again nothing wrong with that from a business stand point, but don't spin it any other way. It has a certain screw you factor to it, that doesn't sit well with me. Falcons are gambling ie rolling the dice that there are enough fans out there that will be jazzed enough to buy tickets it will sub plant any that they lose. The end result that you are alluding to now is nothing but , "they are a business they can do what they want if you don't like it tough chit".

I believe the stats were 55% of the prime seats(approximately 7000 of the 15,000) had down payments placed so far, though I could be wrong. If they were sold out, this news would be everywhere Arthur and Rich would be singing from the mountain tops, to create a panic rush for the remaining areas. Here's the thing just because a business can do something doesn't mean it should do it. I understand that the Falcons don't owe those few hundred of season tickets owners for 40+ years anything, but the fact they basically said screw em doesn't inspire me to plop down $5000 and a 30 year commitment.

So what you are saying is "roll the dice" and see how many of the extremely loyal fans they can manipulate into buying tickets because they all are selling out like hotcakes, when thats not the case. The guidelines are there to manipulate people into thinking there will a shortage of tickets if you don't buy now, and the guidelines are put there by the Falcons.

There isn't gonna be a shortage unless they modify the PSL's on every seat plan, as you said "You would be shocked if they sold out by 2017.

My meeting is later today. I've got mezzanine first row seats in the end zone. I love my seats, but 5K is a lot of money added on top of a 30% increase on ticket prices.

So basically I can do what I'm doing now and attend most/all games (minus useless preseason), OR attend 4 and try to make some extra to offseat the $400 lost on preseason by selling the others (which I hate because no friends want to pay for them and selling online is a crap shoot, not even mentioning how I despise seeing so many other fans in our building), OR forget the PSL and just know I'll pay extra to attend 3-4 games per year and playoffs. If secondary market prices are $200 per ticket, I'm still coming out cheaper attending 4 games than I would by keeping my seats, not even factoring the PSL. The downside is I lose my primo seats I've worked to get for 17 years.

My wife is dead set on letting them go. We'll see how it goes this morning. I really wish they had worked a better deal based on seniority or actually offered perks to being a STH. Other than the price break, it's been nothing for 17 years.

Very interested in what happens because thats exactly the area I want to get my tickets in. Watched the playoff games in the mezzanine level end zone and really enjoyed the view and how you can see plays develop. Have always set on the lower level but got sold on sitting in the mezzanine level big time.

LOL if you ever have individual game tickets PM me, even pre season...

Meeting went really well. From what my agent said regarding what happens to seats left over after the sales period, she said after STHs have their shot at tickets and movement, they'll open up to a 10K person waiting list and do the same pitch for them. After that, they'll sell PSLs to anyone else who wants them. After that, whoever gets naming rights and other corporate partners will have access to tickets left over. She said there will be no walk-up sales which leads me to believe there will be no ticketmaster sales on a per game basis other than possible standing room tickets.

I asked about brokers and the massive amounts of seats made available on secondary markets now. She said she's had brokers come in to possibly buy up PSLs, but the cost is so prohibitive for mass purchaes, she's had none purchase.

She did day other than extraordinary events (Super Bowl, Final Four, college football playoffs, SEC championship), PSL owners will have opportunities to purchase tickets to other events at the dome before the public. It won't be your seat, per se, but you can purchase first and resell on the secondary market. That's an interesting opportunity to see events or recoup PSL money.

Honestly, had I known in far enough in advance how the process would, I would have relocated to the end zone 300 level on row 1, just above where I'm at now in 236. Those PSLs are $500 vs my $2500, and the ticket price is a tad lower than my current price (30 less than my new price) with a view that is very comparable. Those seats have great value, and I'm seriously doubting folks will refuse those, so they won't be available to me if I relocate now.

We're going to talk about keeping my seats. There's great value in row 1 seats, and if I can recoup some of my cost each year by not attending as many games as I normally do, I'll save enough money to outpace the up front PSL price. It will just take 4-5 years of being able to sell 4 games at at least $50 over my cost. I think early on, I can get much more than that because people will want to come to the stadium.

As far as the sales pitch experience, the lady helping me was wonderful. They've got a great pitch, and it was nice to be able to see projected views from my seats. It will be an unbelievable place to see. I've got a month to decide. We shall see.

She said she didn't know about the other agents, but personally she has not sold to any ticket brokers. I'm assuming she'd only know this based on the quantity some may have come to the center to inquire about. I doubt all come in and announce their intentions to resell all their tickets, though, so who knows.