True Detective Season 2

Mr. Hoopah!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize Ballers and The Brink both premiere after TD. HBO keeping its lineup strong. I guess we'll have to wait a while for The Leftovers.

Ballers should be good but I'm really looking forward to seeing The Leftovers Season 2. I really liked the first Season.

It's still to early to tell how this will be. Dramas will always focus on story line, they can even get carried away with it. This episode did that several times the moody music and long drawn out shots. They shoved 4 story lines into an hour long premier, have to give them time to work it out some. They did manage to tie them all in kind of at the end but we will see. I didn't expect much with this cast but so far I'm not mad about it. Farrell's character didn't seem one dimensional to me at all actually. He might have been the best character so far. Loving father, cop/dirty cop,over possive father, bad father and drunk to name a few.

I was alright with it. I do wonder if it will come off as overkill with these "deeply flawed" characters that are ultimately trying to find inner peace, etc. but I was entertained. Farrell is good and crazy and they established that. McAdams has daddy issues and Klitsch...PTSD or whatever.

Either way, I'm intrigued enough to watch and I'm sure I'll be relatively entertained.

I figured they pushed The Leftovers to the Fall. I feel like summer is when HBO rolls out there new shows like The Leftovers last year.

TD debuted in January last year, and the Leftovers debuted this time last year. I think it took Pizzolatto longer to write season 2, and I've read that they decided to make a bunch of changes to season 2 of the leftovers also, so I think that pushed both back.

Season 1 of the leftovers covered the events of the book it's based on, so season 2 and beyond won't be based on any source material.