Ot Lamar Holmes Out Indefinitely With A Broken Foot

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes zero sense. If they were going to do that, they could have cut him before the injury. rolleyes.gif

Lots of cuts happen between now & the start of the season, for different reasons. If he showed up well in TC then yeah I'm sure we'd keep him, if he stunk it up in TC then in all likelihood he'd be cut before the season started, along with many other players currently on the roster that simply can't make the cut. No sacred cows. Either way his injury doesn't help him or the Falcons.

Lots of cuts happen between now & the start of the season, for different reasons. If he showed up well in TC then yeah I'm sure we'd keep him, if he stunk it up in TC then in all likelihood he'd be cut before the season started, along with many other players currently on the roster that simply can't make the cut. No sacred cows. Either way his injury doesn't help him or the Falcons.

His injury can't be blamed on anyone. As far as his play is concerned, he was doing well enough that they continued to have him play as our 2nd string LT all the way through OTAs, so all evidence suggests that they like him, and that he was doing well.

That makes zero sense. If they were going to do that, they could have cut him before the injury. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, the old line about you only get one chance to make a first impression applies here.

Doesn't matter that Holmes came into camp in much better shape his 2nd year, won the starting job at RT after Matthews moved to LT, played much better, played at 330 last year because they had a power blocking scheme, came into camp slimmed down because his new HC asked him to and was getting praised by his new coach.

Never mind that he could have been a solid swing tackle if nothing else. No matter that the best thing for the team is for him to become a solid player.

Nope, he came in out of shape his rookie year and became the whipping boy. Naah, some folks here would rather be right than have their team be better.

Yeah, the old line about you only get one chance to make a first impression applies here.

Doesn't matter that Holmes came into camp in much better shape his 2nd year, won the starting job at RT after Matthews moved to LT, played much better, played at 330 last year because they had a power blocking scheme, came into camp slimmed down because his new HC asked him to and was getting praised by his new coach.

Never mind that he could have been a solid swing tackle if nothing else. No matter that the best thing for the team is for him to become a solid player.

Nope, he came in out of shape his rookie year and became the whipping boy. Naah, some folks here would rather be right than have their team be better.

I don't care about being right or wrong I want an improved team. Just want to say that I have nothing against Holmes other than his questionable play we've all seen on game days (don't want to see Ryan be a pin cushion again like last year). Definitely not rooting for anyone on our roster to fail or get hurt. I do ask myself, is Holmes replaceable? (Yes) & is his roster spot more valuable to the team than he is? (Questionable).

I don't care about being right or wrong I want an improved team. Just want to say that I have nothing against Holmes other than his questionable play we've all seen on game days (don't want to see Ryan be a pin cushion again like last year). Definitely not rooting for anyone on our roster to fail or get hurt. I do ask myself, is Holmes replaceable? (Yes) & is his roster spot more valuable to the team than he is? (Questionable).

And, you're not who I'm referring to- that's entirely reasonable. There are several posters in this thread that certainly seem to be happy Holmes is injured and a good chunk of that happiness is that they get to be "right".

His injury can't be blamed on anyone. As far as his play is concerned, he was doing well enough that they continued to have him play as our 2nd string LT all the way through OTAs, so all evidence suggests that they like him, and that he was doing well.

2'nd LT and 2'nd RT as well, Ahead of Schraeder.

Folks, Konz and Holmes are both in their fourth seasons with us, 2012 was their rookie seasons, remember. So this would be their contract year...and if recent trends are an indicator, both Konz and Holmes just might have decent seasons. Good enough for lucrative long-term contracts? Lets hope not.

Folks, Konz and Holmes are both in their fourth seasons with us, 2012 was their rookie seasons, remember. So this would be their contract year...and if recent trends are an indicator, both Konz and Holmes just might have decent seasons. Good enough for lucrative long-term contracts? Lets hope not.

shut-your-whore-mouth-thumb.jpg

Edited by Yo_Lover