Ot Lamar Holmes Out Indefinitely With A Broken Foot

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Sam Baker was injured every single season as an Atlanta Falcon. Lamar Holmes has sucked every single year as a Falcon and was never conditioned properly, now has a broken foot. Corey Peters played the majority of his games here minus 5 that required Achilles surgury. And we are also talking about potential starters, Corey Peters never started for the Atlanta Falcons consistently.

You're only proving my point. Baker's level of injuries and Holmes' level are simply too far apart to compare. What you are doing is saying that you like this player, therefore they aren't injury prone, but any player that you don't like, who gets injured, is injury prone. You can't have it both ways.

Feel free to read the articles that I posted.

Why? Because what I said is wrong when it's not? Remember Thomas Brown? Blew out his knee in the preseason in 2007 and was then cut and never played an NFL game. That's one of the best examples I can come up with right off the top of my head. There are hundreds of more guys like that if I were to do the research but somehow I'm wrong?

Why? Because what I said is wrong when it's not? Remember Thomas Brown? Blew out his knee in the preseason in 2007 and was then cut and never played an NFL game. That's one of the best examples I can come up with right off the top of my head. There are hundreds of more guys like that if I were to do the research but somehow I'm wrong?

You are. Injury settlements don't work the way that you seem to think that they do. The NFLPA would never have agreed to such a CBA.

Wow, folks come into a thread just to gloat about about a man breaking his ankle. Even if you don't like Holmes and all football aside, that seems kinda petty.

I don't think anyone's really gloating... we just want to know how this injury affects the team, the roster, the salary cap, and what our options are...

You're only proving my point. Baker's level of injuries and Holmes' level are simply too far apart to compare. What you are doing is saying that you like this player, therefore they aren't injury prone, but any player that you don't like, who gets injured, is injury prone. You can't have it both ways.

No, i'm not saying any of that. I do not like any of the players that have been mentioned in this thread :lol:

I don't think anyone's really gloating... we just want to know how this injury affects the team, the roster, the salary cap, and what our options are...

No, there are most definitely posters in here, gloating, while saying what a loser he is for getting an injury that he couldn't possibly control.

You are. Injury settlements don't work the way that you seem to think that they do. The NFLPA would never have agreed to such a CBA.

I have seen NFL players that have been drafted end up getting hurt and getting cut without playing a single NFL game and you sir can't tell me that I am wrong on that. It's a fact and Thomas Brown is one of many examples of that. I don't know a **** thing about injury settlements or anything else which is why I never mentioned the words injury selttlement. But whatever. It's clear you want to talk about something that I never even mentioned while trying to tell me that I'm wrong when I'm right.

No, i'm not saying any of that. I do not like any of the players that have been mentioned in this thread laugh.png

The point is, you have to be consistent. If one player getting injured twice is injury prone, then the same is true of all. You can't say that only players that you think are bad, are in that category.

I have seen NFL players that have been drafted end up getting hurt and getting cut without playing a single NFL game and you sir can't tell me that I am wrong on that. It's a fact and Thomas Brown is one of many examples of that. I don't know a **** thing about injury settlements or anything else which is why I never mentioned the words injury selttlement. But whatever. It's clear you want to talk about something that I never even mentioned while trying to tell me that I'm wrong when I'm right.

When a player is injured, a team is required to pay their medical bills. The only way that they can release an injured player is if that player and his agent agree to an injury settlement.

You can't just cut whoever you want.

The point is, you have to be consistent. If one player getting injured twice is injury prone, then the same is true of all. You can't say that only players that you think are bad, are in that category.

How many years has Lamar Holmes been a Falcon, and out of those years, how many years has he been injured?

When a player is injured, a team is required to pay their medical bills. The only way that they can release an injured player is if that player and his agent agree to an injury settlement.

You can't just cut whoever you want.

Right. But I wasn't talking about that. You said you can't cut a drafted player for getting hurt and but yes you can. Yes there has to be the "injury settlement" but you can indeed cut the player. That is all I said.

Right. But I wasn't talking about that. You said you can't cut a drafted player for getting hurt and but yes you can. Yes there has to be the "injury settlement" but you can indeed cut the player. That is all I said.

OK, sorry, maybe I should have clarified. You can't cut them "without their consent"

sorry smile.png