Mashburns Mini Camp Review. (Don't Hate Me But....)Qu

What the heck did I just watch? what happened? where was the tempo? where was the one on one matches? I felt like I was watching a middle school practice.

I could see if this was already the set team. but you have a ton of guys out there trying to make the team. they had RB's, WR's and etc learning what a pass rusher does. that made no sense. then you never saw a one on one match. and they moved the fun action stuff far away from you to watch (catches, line matches, deep passing throws). there was like 5 things set up around the field and every few minutes they would change to that spot. even if you were a WR, you would work your way to learning what a pass rusher does. and again..... there was no one on one to where you could see if anyone was standing out. heck they even had random guys that were not coaches trying to mess with our players. I sold one try to trip up julio while he was making the catch. (I have the picture) and a lot of people were asking if we just seriously saw that.

Pretty much was a downer. and I really do not have much to report. and if anyone dare says someone stood out, I want to know how.

by the way the players who signed was Trufant (then he left). then alford came (then he left). then Antoine smith and 3 others who you have no clue who they are. so caring for the fans who set there in 90-100 degree weather, were crapped on. they even took away the tents where you could go to sit when the heat got to you to much. they cut out the booths for where you get food (it is now under tents). you can tell they really were cutting back on money cost big time. They used to have buses pick you up and drive you from the parking lot to the camp gates, but not no more. now they have golf carts. and then at the end of the day they would not drive the golf carts. So for the elderly people it was sad. Even the security made comments that was uncalled for as a cut back for cost. I usually walk, but there is people in their 70's who would use that (along with a bunch of people who did not like walking).

So what was the good?

Qb's

- Yates threw good. but one pass was way off target. and he got ate up by the deffense

- Ryan was pulling the trigger fast and not tacking time. if he saw someone open, he went for it.

- - so that will be nice to see. Will he look for Julio first? or will he look for first open player and go with it?

- renferee just a body to make some passes.

WR

- ummmm I do not need to mention Julio or White. And white did not play.

- and oh yeah nothing stood out to me. sorry but that is truth. someone made a nice catch but really was not sure. And that was the only time the crowd cheered as well

RB.

- Freeman does exactly what the play calls for. even if the hole is locked up tight.

- Coleman hits hard, fast, and looks like he wants to be the #1 guy. and he would go for the hole, and if the hole shut, he went with plan B.

CB's

- yeah yeah we know trufant.

- Alford. did good today. and I always saw him as a good camp player. But he looked more focus then he has in the past. so who knows.

- Allen stood out. really a nice addition I believe.

Lines...... yeah we do not talk about them until they can start hitting.

- But the D-line was quick of the edge. really really nice to see that. (haven't seen that in 6+ years)

- Quinn really really stuck around the D-line scrimages and D-line players.

kickers........ nailed it. but there is not hard hitting.

Music.

- loud

- obnoxious

- mostly rap

- where is the rock?

- where is the country?

- I had to sing taylor swift in order to get a julio Jersey signed. (thans jay adams. and lets not post that. Thanks. :D )

- I think it is better to do that once we get our roster pat. but right now the focus should be seeing who stands out.

and now what most come for. the pictures..........

23kouj9.jpg

o73req.jpg

2mfepl4.jpg

1z1xoax.jpg

3090yo1.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good review.

As far as your complaints, i think that the set up has been that way for the last few years. The food was under tents last year during training camp.

As far as the music.........umm its 2015. The music is for the players to get hyped up and get their blood flowing. You think Trufant, Julio, Vic, etc are listening to Lynyrd Skynrd and the Allman Brothers?

Good review.

As far as your complaints, i think that the set up has been that way for the last few years. The food was under tents last year during training camp.

As far as the music.........umm its 2015. The music is for the players to get hyped up and get their blood flowing. You think Trufant, Julio, Vic, etc are listening to Lynyrd Skynrd and the Allman Brothers?

nothing like how it was mentioned to the fans how the music was going to be. It was set up to not let the players get in the Grove. So Quinn mentioned he was going to change it up a lot.

But we can chalk that up as reporters don't know what they are talking about and exaggerate.

As for the cuts. There is a lot. Besides the food. The bus thing was big, specially for people who are older or cannot walk good. And then to just cut it out at the end of the day. Not cool. And to take the big tent at the top on the hill out, why even do that? People were leaving camp today because it was to hot and they had no where to go to for cover from the sun.

I felt like it was a fast practice very hot. Everyone did a certain type of drill because it was special teams lol. That's why they looked like they were coming off the line. To block a kick lol anyway I felt like a few players stuck out. I liked #15(wr) he had a nice play. Tamie idk how to spell it. Had a nice catch and looked like he can be good for us at least from wat I saw. I liked the way they coach it looks like they all love wat they do. Julio! Freeman is fast and intense, looked good. Didn't have a big play or anything but he looked like he has been working hard. I got justin hardy's glove! Beastly looked fast and huge. So did Hageman. Collins is starting to work out there too had a nice play against hardy. All in all it was nice to see. They were not taking many breaks. They are getting conditioned for the games. I think they are playing fast imo mayb not as fast as they will at training camp but fast nonetheless

I felt like it was a fast practice very hot. Everyone did a certain type of drill because it was special teams lol. That's why they looked like they were coming off the line. To block a kick lol anyway I felt like a few players stuck out. I liked #15(wr) he had a nice play. Tamie idk how to spell it. Had a nice catch and looked like he can be good for us at least from wat I saw. I liked the way they coach it looks like they all love wat they do. Julio! Freeman is fast and intense, looked good. Didn't have a big play or anything but he looked like he has been working hard. I got justin hardy's glove! Beastly looked fast and huge. So did Hageman. Collins is starting to work out there too had a nice play against hardy. All in all it was nice to see. They were not taking many breaks. They are getting conditioned for the games. I think they are playing fast imo mayb not as fast as they will at training camp but fast nonetheless

yeah it was quick pace. Always going to a new Dell and never getting comfortable.

I just an used to seeing one in one to evaluate a player. So this is a learning curve how they can tell which player is better.

And I'm curious too on how training camp tempo will be. And who knows what takes place inside.

BTW I saw you get the glove. Congrats.

I got to sing Taylor Swift for a Julio Jersey. Lol. I had to look the lyrics up. Because I honestly have no clue what her songs are. So Jay did a video of it. I know I'm off beat, because I have no idea how the one lyric I song went. (I should have done it in my slipknot voice. Lol)

Pictures is dope son. You either upgraded the cam or learned how to use it. Nice.

Reviews are still slanted. These are OTAs. Nothing that happens before say week five is what we're gonna be like.

thanks bro. I've learned a lot of things. (I also do the pictures for Atlanta steam LFL).

Yeah my reviews are very very harsh. Never going to change that about me. I think it's cause I get tired of hearing reporters say, "omg x player stood out big time". I would just like to hear a real critic or someone to be honest.

yeah it was quick pace. Always going to a new Dell and never getting comfortable.

I just an used to seeing one in one to evaluate a player. So this is a learning curve how they can tell which player is better.

And I'm curious too on how training camp tempo will be. And who knows what takes place inside.

BTW I saw you get the glove. Congrats.

I got to sing Taylor Swift for a Julio Jersey. Lol. I had to look the lyrics up. Because I honestly have no clue what her songs are. So Jay did a video of it. I know I'm off beat, because I have no idea how the one lyric I song went. (I should have done it in my slipknot voice. Lol)

Yea it was nice to get a glove. I just called of from work tomorrow to go back up there. Don't worry is just a summer job Im not choosing falcons over bills and food lol. I'm ready to see who stands out tomorrow. I kinda know what to look for now so ima really watch tomorrow