• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hate how injuries killed his career. Sam is a great guy and hopefully he'll have a career of some kind in the NFL even as a backup, obviously his recovery didn't go how the Falcons wanted it to. Hop

I wish him the best in the rest of his life. Always seemed like a high quality dude. Just couldnt get his body to cooperate.

I think the GM always consults with HC in order to choose players needed. GM should be held accountable for the HC(his hire)and player contracts. I don't think there is a gm in the league that picks the players and tells the coach to deal with it.

If my thinking is correct, our GM has done a pretty good job getting the players the coaching staff wanted , and we usually have money to spend when we need it.

The gm's hire did well for a bunch of years and should be givin a second chance in my opinion, which he is. lol

SAM BAKER CONTRACT WAS TD FAULT IN MY OPINION. MAYBE ARTHUR BLANK TOO.

SO WHY ALL THE HATE FOR OUR GM?

As much as I like the space we saved I di not like the fact that we released a linemen which is one of our biggest weakness. I'm sure they have his replacement though, wonder who it could be. All for the Mathis signing.

Holmes is his replacement, if I was a betting man. We have a lot of O-Linemen on the roster right now too, so I'm not positive we bring another one in.

Lot of venom in the thread. No doubt he was a liability as he hasn't played hardly any in the last couple years exacerbated by his lucrative contract. I said in another thread a couple weeks back that if he wasn't ready to compete at TC, they should cut him. I can only assume his rehab was not coming along given recent reports and it is time for us to move on. I do wish him well though.

Lot of venom in the thread. No doubt he was a liability as he hasn't played hardly any in the last couple years exacerbated by his lucrative contract. I said in another thread a couple weeks back that if he wasn't ready to compete at TC, they should cut him. I can only assume his rehab was not coming along given recent reports and it is time for us to move on. I do wish him well though.

I agree with you here. No reason to hate the guy. Anybody in these forums would've taken that contract. That's a no brainer. He has family to feed. Why blame him for taking advantage of Dimiroffs offer? I don't think anybody would disagree. I am not a td hater, but frankly I think as g dawg said, Dimitroff's worst move as our gm was to sign Baker to that ridiculous contract. I felt that way the minute the news broke. Don't feel any different now.