Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spanish_falcon

Sam Baker Released

278 posts in this topic

A new day dawns in a brave new world...

gif-sunrise.gif

It is funny you posted this. When I posted what I said earlier about things are a chagning I had Space Oddesy in my head. lol

(Same thing, with the sound though for dramatic effect lol)

TD should be used as the official "Tackling Dummy" for the rest of the season for resigning Baker and Decoud to those ridiculous contracts. Those 2 are who I thought they were ! HOT GARBAGE !!

PokerSteve likes this

g-dawg, there is ample proof that TD cannot evaluate players at any position other than WR and DB...and DB is debatable. The thing that gets me is, when TD has a bust draft pick at CB, he simply drafts -more- DBs...using some high picks to do it. But when TD drafts O linemen, they stick around forever no matter how bad they are. Its like TD does not want to draft O line in the first place...when he does he expects that player to work out. Proof of what I say? Ok. Take the first three picks from the last three drafts, those are nine premium picks. Even with the tremendous issues on our O line, we have spent five of those nine picks on DBs...and with Dez going to CB, those five picks were used on four CBs. How many used on our O line? Just one. TD is drafting azz backwards, and the last two seasons are living proof of it. TD needs to go.

It is funny you posted this. When I posted what I said earlier about things are a chagning I had Space Oddesy in my head. lol

(Same thing, with the sound though for dramatic effect lol)

OHHH!!!!! Is this a South Carolina home game?

Baker was a good dude and I wish him the best. I still believe he was oversigned a couple of years back, should've been half the time (3 years) and probably a third of the $$ but that was not my call. What I really thought was funny was some of you that were celebrating this and going bat-chit-crazy when 'Spoon wasn't re-signed. Also, I'm glad to see that this staff wants people who can get out there and play instead of riding the pine so let's get out and sign more Leonard Hankersons and Justin Durants and we'll be Super Bowl contenders... lol

Black Francis likes this

Heya TheFatboi....I get what you are saying about Baker ok. With that back he had Baker never should have been drafted by us. Nor should Baker have been offered a new deal after 2012. I do not blame Baker for either of those things, ok. TD made those decisions. I DO believe Baker never became that leader of the O line that we desperately needed, the vet who would help lead our younger guys to being good players. Probably because Baker was never really that good to begin with? Sam Baker has made his money in the NFL. If Baker really wants to play, some team will be willing to offer Baker a lowball contract, I'm sure. But Baker's payday has come and gone. Good for him. Now can we -finally- get someone in here who can cover our QBs blindside? Hopefully Matthews can do it...

I wish Baker the best with his future career. He played above average when he was healthy and the falcons record showed that when he played all 16 games. I hate the injury bug got him and would not turn loose.

Tuggle'2 likes this

I get that he underachied and that this a business,bit he did come to work and busted his butt to contribute to this team.the man just lost his job,and I'm sure there's a lot of folks on this board that don't exactly excel in their profession...can't he get a little respect for getting where alot have wanted to,but wasn't talented enough...stay humble and realize he has a family and wish him the best instead of worrying about the cap...seriously!!!!...show some class please

I wish Baker the best with his future career. He played above average when he was healthy and the falcons record showed that when he played all 16 games. I hate the injury bug got him and would not turn loose.

Yeah, people can hate him all they want, but he was pretty good when healthy. It is a real shame his body just couldn't handle the stresses of the game. I certainly wish him the very best as I do any and all former Falcons... well except for Vick and Underwear Model boy.

Yeah no reason to bash the guy, he wasn't in control of his injuries and when he was 100% he played pretty well. Not great but better than the average Falcon Olineman.

I think there are plenty of reasons to bash him. He never showed any toughness or desire to play through pain from NFL-relative minor to medium injuries: injuries that most NFL players are expected to play through.

I do not think that for one second that it is a coincidence that his one season of healthy and reasonably competent play was his contract year. I truly and firmly believe that he was slacking or just not dedicated to playing until a big payday was in the offing.

I am happy he has been cut.

I am sad that it was necessary.

I am angry that he brought it on himself by just not caring.

The only thing FRANKENBAKER played above, is the GRAVE..... that was his career !

Finally the Dirt has found it's way home, already !! Sheesh ?

I get that he underachied and that this a business,bit he did come to work and busted his butt to contribute to this team.

the man just lost his job

I believe that the issue is that he did NOT bust his butt to contribute, until he was in a contract year.

Because I believe he only applied himself, only really tried for his one contract season, I have no sympathy at all. He sucked up MILLIONS of unearned, undeserved dollars. Let that be his comfort.

Good riddance. Quinn has shown he wants players with toughness and desire. Quinn has shown a disregard for the sacred cows of the past. I applaud this.

I opposed Quinn's hiring due to his inexperience with running an organization. I am happy to see that he has a strong enough personality, and a clearly defined enough vision of the team he wants, to place his stamp on every part of the Falcons off season. I still don't know how he will steer the ship through an entire regular season, but I an now far more positively hopeful than negatively skeptical.

This means I am admitting that I was probably wrong about preferring Ryan over Quinn. Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus and people who admit to mistakes on the internet.

Ever since Kroy replaced him as the resident whipping boy.. he just hasn't been as useful around here

Some of y'all have no class.

That's the way people are brought up in this day and age. No respect for anything and would be the first to want to send Ryan out for throwing a pick six despite not having any protection.

Falconsfan567 likes this

This isn't about class. This is about tired of sucking for the sake of having sacred cows. Guys who don't produce. Baker was sucking roster space and for no good reason.

Then every guy that gets injured playing this sport sucks...Like that Clowning guy!

Then every guy that gets injured playing this sport sucks...Like that Clowning guy!

Baker was never good to begin with. It was smoke and mirrors. Don't bother trying to argue man. I'm not going to see it your way and you won't see it mine. I'm happy with the move. Thanks for your input.