Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spanish_falcon

Sam Baker Released

278 posts in this topic

Conspiracy theories abound. He should retire so that he can walk later in life.

After all his injury's and surgery I would think this might be the end of the line fo his playing days....

dozer likes this

Sam Baker played in 73% of the 96 games he was with us and started 64% of them. Is that significant for an O-lineman? If not, what's the line of acceptability?

It can't be 100% although we hope our players never get injured.

That was expensive. He has yet to get on the field. I suppose this move was made because of that. He was built for this scheme, he just is PUP.

Since we know Baker is no longer in the mix, RT is Schraeders to lose unless Polumbus is just in a "outside" zone. If not he could be fighting Rodgers for #2 swing tackle behind Holmes.

LT-Matthews, Holmes, Huffer(PS)

LG-Chester, Person, Gunn, Replogle

OC-Hawley, Stone, Ume-Ezeoke(PS)

RG-Asamoah, Lefeld, Konz, Smith

RT-Schraeder, Polumbus, Rodgers(PS)

I think Replogle, Smith, and Gunn are gone. Konz could stick on PUP list. Rodgers could beat out Polumbus or PS. Person should get challenged by Lefeld for last OL spot.

I said to myself, "let me just check TATF in case some big news happened... unlikely"

Ch-Ching!!!!!!!!!

/worth it

I don't even want to mention his name anymore!!!!! BYE SAMANTHA

dozer likes this

Good luck Sam. Unfortunatley we paid you more than your worth due to injuries. That last injury was a doozy and sealed his fate. He could have built a better legacy had he not experienced such a tough go of it with the injuries. But since he couldn't overcome, we did what was best for the club. Take care bro...

you can't apply a June first cut after. Also if figured it out. Td made the right call

Oh, ok. I don't know anything about the cuts and how they're applied.

Got this notification on my phone today while I was working and made my day immediately better. F*ck outta here T-Rex arms!!!!

Got this notification on my phone today while I was working and made my day immediately better. F*ck outta here T-Rex arms!!!!

You can tell us what you were REALLY doing. Nobody is going to judge you. ;)

Bawse likes this

I've been saying all offseason, that I believed that the new staff really wanted to get a look at him in this new scheme. They were fine with keeping him on the roster and letting him compete like everyone else, but he had to get on the field first. I've been saying that they probably had a cutoff date, a point where they just weren't willing to keep waiting on him to recover, and would have to cut bait. My assumption was, that the date was TC, and he would be released if he couldn't recover by then, but apparently, it was the June Minicamp instead.

I still argue that he was solid when healthy, but they just couldn't wait anymore, and I can't really blame them.

Goodbye Baker and Good Luck to ya. wink.png