Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spanish_falcon

Sam Baker Released

278 posts in this topic

We've seen a lot come and go over the years.....I just wished they would get rid of the one making the picks, then resigning them, then cutting them.

Blalock is retiring

"@RapSheet: With ex-#Eagles G Evan Mathis now a free agent, worth noting fellow veteran guard Justin Blalock is retiring, Im told. Started 125 games"

you are looking at two years. Not the three years

There is no three years. There's usually no two years unless you're a June 1st cut. The remaining pro-rated payments accelerate onto the current cap year or the next cap year in a June 1st release.

For all the people trashing Baker, in the 61 games he started, team was 45-16. Yeah the injuries ended his career and it was time for him to go, but he was effective when he played.

Don't confuse everyone with facts... This is TATF!!!laugh.png laugh.png

falconidae and peoriabird like this

As much as I like the space we saved I di not like the fact that we released a linemen which is one of our biggest weakness. I'm sure they have his replacement though, wonder who it could be. All for the Mathis signing.

On 2nd thought probably should've kept him as insurance. Jake is gonna struggle tho year and Holmes is garbage were about to have a revolving door at the LT position.

Dude really? That was a quick flip flop. Lol

I think the GM always consults with HC in order to choose players needed. GM should be held accountable for the HC(his hire)and player contracts. I don't think there is a gm in the league that picks the players and tells the coach to deal with it.

If my thinking is correct, our GM has done a pretty good job getting the players the coaching staff wanted , and we usually have money to spend when we need it.

The gm's hire did well for a bunch of years and should be givin a second chance in my opinion, which he is. lol

SAM BAKER CONTRACT WAS TD FAULT IN MY OPINION. MAYBE ARTHUR BLANK TOO.

SO WHY ALL THE HATE FOR OUR GM?

As much as I like the space we saved I di not like the fact that we released a linemen which is one of our biggest weakness. I'm sure they have his replacement though, wonder who it could be. All for the Mathis signing.

Holmes is his replacement, if I was a betting man. We have a lot of O-Linemen on the roster right now too, so I'm not positive we bring another one in.

Lot of venom in the thread. No doubt he was a liability as he hasn't played hardly any in the last couple years exacerbated by his lucrative contract. I said in another thread a couple weeks back that if he wasn't ready to compete at TC, they should cut him. I can only assume his rehab was not coming along given recent reports and it is time for us to move on. I do wish him well though.

JDaveG and Atlfanstckndenver like this

Lot of venom in the thread. No doubt he was a liability as he hasn't played hardly any in the last couple years exacerbated by his lucrative contract. I said in another thread a couple weeks back that if he wasn't ready to compete at TC, they should cut him. I can only assume his rehab was not coming along given recent reports and it is time for us to move on. I do wish him well though.

I agree with you here. No reason to hate the guy. Anybody in these forums would've taken that contract. That's a no brainer. He has family to feed. Why blame him for taking advantage of Dimiroffs offer? I don't think anybody would disagree. I am not a td hater, but frankly I think as g dawg said, Dimitroff's worst move as our gm was to sign Baker to that ridiculous contract. I felt that way the minute the news broke. Don't feel any different now.
JDaveG likes this

I don't think there is a gm in the league that picks the players and tells the coach to deal with it.

There is, and it happens often actually. Of course, those teams typically don't do well. See the Jets with Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum.