Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spanish_falcon

Sam Baker Released

278 posts in this topic

This thread has turned out to be much more comical than I ever could have expected. Most of the idiots bitching that he wouldn't play hurt wouldn't make it through warm ups much less an actual drill.

All I can say is walk a mile.

We're not getting paid millions of dollars to sit on our fat *** collecting a paycheck either.

We're not getting paid millions of dollars to sit on our fat *** collecting a paycheck either.

Do you seriously think he walked out and said I'm going to tear my patella tendon today then tear the other the next year? How fast would you be calling workers comp if you hurt your back on the job? I bet you'd sit on your *** at home collecting workers comp if you were injured on the job. The difference is the majority of people don't really give a flying **** what you do at work and wouldn't pay to watch you do it.

Edit: just to clarify its not personal towards you. Nobody gives a **** about what I do either even after I fix their computer people act like a complete **** towards me. You'd think the $10 a month for unlimited tech support was a million bucks.

Lolwut? Outside of 2012, Baker was consistently the weakest line or close to it on our line.

screw it, not even going to argue. you are pretty much right. I thought he was better, but if not for 2013, I would be saying he failed with and without injuries. (harsh but truth and best of luck to him)

Do you seriously think he walked out and said I'm going to tear my patella tendon today then tear the other the next year? How fast would you be calling workers comp if you hurt your back on the job? I bet you'd sit on your *** at home collecting workers comp if you were injured on the job. The difference is the majority of people don't really give a flying **** what you do at work and wouldn't pay to watch you do it.

Edit: just to clarify its not personal towards you. Nobody gives a **** about what I do either even after I fix their computer people act like a complete **** towards me. You'd think the $10 a month for unlimited tech support was a million bucks.

Look, he didn't get hurt on purpose but the fact is that he was hurt a lot and did only play in 4 games after signing that massive contract because of his injury issues. I know some professional athletes that would make that trade in a heartbeat because they're only in it for the money. I don't remember who it was but I remember a well known MLB player saying a couple years ago that he wasn't even a baseball fan, that it was just his job. Seriously? GTFO if your not even a fan of the sport you play. I'm not saying Sam Baker is like that, just that there are those types out there.

Jake Matthews played through his season with a serious injury and had poor stats. Clowney did not play at all. So who is the tough guy you want on your team?

Baker would either fall off the cliff or go to the trainers table for relatively play-throughable injuries.

Clowney has a legitimate career-threatening micro-fracture in his knee (or knees?).

Clowney may well go down as a colossal bust if his knee(s) never fully recovers. But he cannot possibly be accused of shirking or playing soft due to lack of effort or desire.

Any Clowney/Baker comparisons are foolish.

Yeah because that's what I said. I said he wasn't good at drafting the last few years. I never said he wasn't a great coach. But please continue to act like a jackass because you're on a message board.

You need players that fit your system. He hasn't drafted all future hall of famers recently (save Gronk) but he drafts solid no name players that gel with his team.

The bar is so low that TD gets props for drafting starters occasionally. Most of his high round picks (pre Pioli) are no longer even on the team.

Compare the so called poor drafts recently of NE and the recent ones of TD (2008-2013

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/draft.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

The Falcons classes from 2008-2012 we only have 8 players remaining that are on the active roster, 4-5 are starters. 3 have been pro bowlers. 5 full drafts! Pitiful.

Look, he didn't get hurt on purpose but the fact is that he was hurt a lot and did only play in 4 games after signing that massive contract because of his injury issues. I know some professional athletes that would make that trade in a heartbeat because they're only in it for the money. I don't remember who it was but I remember a well known MLB player saying a couple years ago that he wasn't even a baseball fan, that it was just his job. Seriously? GTFO if your not even a fan of the sport you play. I'm not saying Sam Baker is like that, just that there are those types out there.

Yea completely agree. I understand in some situations sports is a way to get out of a bad situation and they play just because they're good at it but I would hope and choose to believe Sam wanted to play but his body and a whole lot of bad luck prevented it.

I've told my wife many times he just needs to walk away from the game while he could. Who knows he could go on and have a healthy 5 years or based on history end up very bad off. As much as I loved watching Abe play fan enjoyment is not worth what he's putting himself through but he's a grown man and can make his own decisions.

You need players that fit your system. He hasn't drafted all future hall of famers recently (save Gronk) but he drafts solid no name players that gel with his team.

The bar is so low that TD gets props for drafting starters occasionally. Most of his high round picks (pre Pioli) are no longer even on the team.

Compare the so called poor drafts recently of NE and the recent ones of TD (2008-2013

The Falcons classes from 2008-2012 we only have 8 players remaining that are on the active roster, 4-5 are starters. 3 have been pro bowlers. 5 full drafts! Pitiful.

I never said Dimitroff's drafts were better than Belichick. Just that Belichick's drafts lately haven't been very good which they haven't. Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking. There's a lot more I want to say here but I don't feel like taking an unwanted vacation from this place to say it.

I never said Dimitroff's drafts were better than Belichick. Just that Belichick's drafts lately haven't been very good which they haven't. Your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking. There's a lot more I want to say here but I don't feel like taking an unwanted vacation from this place to say it.

I remember you saying LATELY.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Your making it personal for some reason sir.

Condescension and name calling has never been my thing. Be blessed.

Thanks Sam. A sad thing that we never got to see him play unhurt for multiple years, but he was a part of the turnaround here.

He was a real warrior to come back repeatedly from huge injuries, I think this one and a ZBS was a step too far.

He gave his body over to football, I for one will not bash a guy for being injured.

Good luck.

Baker would either fall off the cliff or go to the trainers table for relatively play-throughable injuries.

Clowney has a legitimate career-threatening micro-fracture in his knee (or knees?).

Clowney may well go down as a colossal bust if his knee(s) never fully recovers. But he cannot possibly be accused of shirking or playing soft due to lack of effort or desire.

A chronic back problem and two torn patella tendons. What's "play-throughable" about those injuries?

I've had my fun with Baker the last few years (usually cartoon or Photoshop mashup), but I don't wish anything bad for the guy.

Like some others have already said in this thread, if you're going to be mad at anyone regarding Baker's tenure here be mad at Dimitroff for that 2nd Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes contract he gave Baker.

Ouch.

It is unfortunate that Baker's injury history prevented him from becoming a dependable and solid LT. He had enough talent when healthy to contribute. I agree that the responsibility for his contract and cap hit rests solely with TD and the front office.I wish Sam well in his future endeavors.

Not really.

1) where in his post did he even mention Baker?

2) you're insane

rage-against_wallpaper.jpg

THE NFL CHEWS UP AND SPITS OUT ANOTHER ONE !!!!! SMH I hate to see his career ended like this but it is the nature of the beast ( NFL )

The reason solid no name guys gel in bills system is because he actually has a system. Our coaches didn't know what they wanted to run. How should the players?

you can t really be this dumb can you? oh wait, nm.