Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spanish_falcon

Sam Baker Released

278 posts in this topic

So far Clowney hasn't done anything in the NFL so he would fit what KOG just said.

So what conclusions have you drawn about our current franchise left tackle?

KOG some folks just do not get it. I include TD in that evaluation, because while TD came from NE, he obviously did not learn the lesson of having a solid O line. TD has yet to draft one solid O line starter who could start for another NFL team. Its a crying shame that Ryan's and Roddy White's and Julio Jones' careers are being wasted this way. These guys should be part of a terrific downfield passing attack like our Falcons have never seen before. Instead, Ryan is forced to make quick throws because our linemen cannot sustain their blocks long enough for those downfield routes to develop. How does TD keep his job, I dunno.

Troyces and Knight of God like this

KOG some folks just do not get it. I include TD in that evaluation, because while TD came from NE, he obviously did not learn the lesson of having a solid O line. TD has yet to draft one solid O line starter who could start for another NFL team. Its a crying shame that Ryan's and Roddy White's and Julio Jones' careers are being wasted this way. These guys should be part of a terrific downfield passing attack like our Falcons have never seen before. Instead, Ryan is forced to make quick throws because our linemen cannot sustain their blocks long enough for those downfield routes to develop. How does TD keep his job, I dunno.

At least I know how this guy feels about our Current Franchise Left tackle.

Jake Matthews will be fine. One of the best LT prospects to come out in recent years that unfortunately suffered an injury early in the season that was not handled properly and hence hampered his play throughout the season

Jpizzle likes this

Not many picks that Boy Genius Tommy drafted on his own without Daddy Pioli are still left on the roster.

He is making Rich McKay look like Bill Belichick.

Not many picks that Boy Genius Tommy drafted on his own without Daddy Pioli are still left on the roster.

He is making Rich McKay look like Bill Belichick.

Have you seen Bill Belichick's draft record lately? It's not very good.

This isn't about class. This is about tired of sucking for the sake of having sacred cows. Guys who don't produce. Baker was sucking roster space and for no good reason.

Baker was never good to begin with. It was smoke and mirrors. Don't bother trying to argue man. I'm not going to see it your way and you won't see it mine. I'm happy with the move. Thanks for your input.

Baker played 4 games after signing his most recent contract in 2013. Some would say that singing him is bad luck. I don't agree. Sam Baker had a long history of injuries. Signing him was a poor bet.

I don't agree that he was never good. His rookie season was promising and he turned in a few good performances. The trouble with him was his health.

Dumping Baker was needed, but TD deserves intense criticism for signing him.

Baker played 4 games after signing his most recent contract in 2013. Some would say that singing him is bad luck. I don't agree. Sam Baker had a long history of injuries. Signing him was a poor bet.

I don't agree that he was never good. His rookie season was promising and he turned in a few good performances. The trouble with him was his health.

Dumping Baker was needed, but TD deserves intense criticism for signing him.

I'm just ready to move forward and see some real football. Not JV crap we have been watching.

Have you seen Bill Belichick's draft record lately? It's not very good.

Yea, its downright awful, he doesn't know what he is doing at all up there. You would think this guy has won multiple Superbowls, and just got a ring last year. Im glad we Falcons fans have our ONE playoff win since 2008 to hang our hats on!

We just came off winning 10 games in the last 2 seasons dude. Coach Hoodie is doing something right.

Jake Matthews played through his season with a serious injury and had poor stats. Clowney did not play at all. So who is the tough guy you want on your team?

gazoo likes this

We are all tired of the garbage defense and over-rated offense.

Can we please see an aggressive tackling defense and an OL that can provide a decent run offense?

Yeah, people can hate him all they want, but he was pretty good when healthy. It is a real shame his body just couldn't handle the stresses of the game. I certainly wish him the very best as I do any and all former Falcons... well except for Vick and Underwear Model boy.

This thread has turned out to be much more comical than I ever could have expected. Most of the idiots bitching that he wouldn't play hurt wouldn't make it through warm ups much less an actual drill.

All I can say is walk a mile.

Heya peoriabird...I actually endorsed us picking Matthews, it was a need pick and honestly I saw it as a way to get Baker out of here. Now my statement that you bolded, stands, because Matthews has a lot to prove yet. Jeff Van Note once said, "Potential is a French word that means you aren't worth a dayum yet". I think Matthews is a bit better than that right now, but is he an established solid starter yet? No. Will he be? I sure hope so.

Falconsfan567 likes this

One of the worst trade ups and then one of the worst resigning ever.

You can't say that because prior to 2013 we were a top 15 team...you can't sit there and say Baker was the weakest link on the line prior to the 2012-2013 season.

Yea, its downright awful, he doesn't know what he is doing at all up there. You would think this guy has won multiple Superbowls, and just got a ring last year. Im glad we Falcons fans have our ONE playoff win since 2008 to hang our hats on!

We just came off winning 10 games in the last 2 seasons dude. Coach Hoodie is doing something right.

Yeah because that's what I said. I said he wasn't good at drafting the last few years. I never said he wasn't a great coach. But please continue to act like a jackass because you're on a message board.

Lolwut? Outside of 2012, Baker was consistently the weakest line or close to it on our line.[/quote

Let me say first I mean no disrespect by this or anything along those lines but that comment made me lol. If he was close to the weakest then he couldn't be CONSISTENTLY the weakest.

I realize it's nowhere near the same but it reminds be of Big Bang Theory and shrodinger's cat where the cat is both dead and alive because the box is closed blah blah blah.