How Often Do You Vacation A Year?

lostone

A few times a year, but some of them are working vacations (seminars, CLE, etc.) and those are short, more like long weekends. Just with the family, usually once a year. I'd like to go twice, but we're starting a business, so it's harder to set aside time and money right now.

1 week in France every late March/early April (although technically a work trip it's still France and doesn't go against my vacation time).

4 days in Spring usually a stay-cation to get stuff done around the house.

1 week in Summer to Destin. My side of the family's yearly beach get together.

4-5 days in October for anniversary with the wife. Savannah, Charleston, Highlands NC typically

1 week a year paid, but I can pretty much be gone as much as a month at a time in the right scenario... Usually summer or winter.

So, when I was in a band, we'd be on the road for 3-4 weeks straight at some point, then a few 10-14 day runs up & down the coast, to SXSW, etc.

Now, the wife & I tend to take one big trip to an international destination & a smaller domestic trip per year.

I can take a bunch of 3-5 day trips throughout the year as well... To the beach, mountains, etc.

Usually one trip stateside, but this year an additional week in Gran Canaria and I'm also going to be driving from down south in Germany to Denmark over the course of a week.

The week I had in Gran Canaria was the most relaxed I've ever felt. I rarely go away and sit in one place for more than a day or two, so that was bliss. Going back for 2 weeks next year.