Bucky Brooks: Beasley Projections

XXVIII-III

Vic Beasley, OLB, Atlanta Falcons

Play NFL Fantasy Football!

No. 8 overall pick, Round 1, Clemson

Best-case scenario: Beasley thrives as the Falcons' designated pass rusher -- the role for which he was handpicked by new coach Dan Quinn, due to his explosive combination of speed, quickness and burst off the edge. With his electric rush skills, Beasley notches 10-plus sacks as a rookie despite his inexperience and slender frame.

Worst-case scenario: Beasley's build and questionable run-stopping skills make him a liability on the edge. Opponents elect to run the ball extensively at Beasley, forcing Quinn to choose between defending the run or having Beasley's pass-rush skills on the field in key moments.

My projection: 35 tackles, eight sacks and four forced fumbles

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000496425/article/nfl-rookie-projections-vic-beasley-among-intriguing-defenders

I would love for the beast to have that many. I really look for him to struggle the first 4-5 games as all rookies do as they adjust from college to the pros. I feel he breaks out after that and has 6 sacks and 6-8 pressures 25 tackles and 2 forced fumbles. Remember those 6-8 pressures are great cause we have all heard coach quinn say we need to move the qb from the spot. I project Jarrett to have 2 sacks and 2 pressures and 20-30 tackles and 1 forced fumble.

I would love for the beast to have that many. I really look for him to struggle the first 4-5 games as all rookies do as they adjust from college to the pros. I feel he breaks out after that and has 6 sacks and 6-8 pressures 25 tackles and 2 forced fumbles. Remember those 6-8 pressures are great cause we have all heard coach quinn say we need to move the qb from the spot. I project Jarrett to have 2 sacks and 2 pressures and 20-30 tackles and 1 forced fumble.

I was hoping for 4-6

I don't care much about his sack numbers but I hope he gets more than 8 pressures for the year.

I'll guess 5 sacks but a lot of pressure. If the rest of our defense gels Vic's presence may be more valuable than his output. Quinn favors team pressure and the hope is that if Vic can't get the sack, he will preoccupy teams to the point where they scheme for him and others can step forward and down the QB.