Hankerson Likes Our Offense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000495943/article/leonard-hankerson-we-can-be-a-topfive-offense?campaign=Facebook_ATN_Patra

The Atlanta Falcons boast plenty of offensive talent for new coordinator Kyle Shanahan to play with.

The trio of Julio Jones, Roddy White and Matt Ryan can put up yards with ease and the potential has newcomer Leonard Hankerson squawking about the possibilities.

"With the weapons that he has on this team, there is no doubt about it that we can be a top-five offense. We can be a great team," he said this week during OTAs, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Last year Atlanta finished eighth in the NFL in total yards with 378.2 per contest. That total was overwhelmingly thanks to a passing attack that ranked No. 5 in the league with 284.6 yards per game, while the ground game earned just 93.5 yards per (24th in the NFL).

Hankerson signed a one-year deal in Atlanta after missing all but one game with the Washington Redskins last year. He cooed about his new wide receiver teammates.

"We have a great corps," Hankerson said, adding his injured knee is fine. "One of the best I've been on. Last year, being in there with Pierre (Garcon), DeSean (Jackson) and Santana (Moss), it's up there. Roddy and Julio, you know they are great guys. We are all competing with each other. We are out there working hard. We are doing what we have to do to make plays."

Hankerson will battle Devin Hester for a No. 3 role behind White and team linchpin, Jones. It's not the passing attack we expect to improve in 2015, however.

I'm very excited to see the Shanahan offense in action. The defense I may be more fascinated by just simply because there will be SO MANY new guys in new places and the scheme change.

In each of his stops, Shanahan has coaxed production out of the running game, specifically utilizing rookie backs. So while the passing game should remain dynamic, it's Tevin Coleman and an improvedDevonta Freeman under Shanahan's guidance who could help boost the Falcons' offense into the upper echelon of the NFL.

Hanky can be a good receiver when he's locked in. A cheap additional option that is taller and faster than HD. I think that our WR corp is the best in the league now, especially after picking up what I suspect to be a tragically underrated WR in Justin Hardy. 4 Pro Bowlers, a 1st round pick and a kid that has the NCAA record for receptions.......NOT BAD AT ALL!!!

Julio - Multiple probowler

Roddy - Multiple probowler

Hester - Multiple probowler

Hankerson - 1st Rounder

Weems - Probowler

Hardy - NCAA FBS Record holder for most receptions

GREAT GROUP!

Hanky can be a good receiver when he's locked in. A cheap additional option that is taller and faster than HD. I think that our WR corp is the best in the league now, especially after picking up what I suspect to be a tragically underrated WR in Justin Hardy. 4 Pro Bowlers, a 1st round pick and a kid that has the NCAA record for receptions.......NOT BAD AT ALL!!!

Hankerson - 1st Rounder

Weems - Probowler

GREAT GROUP!

It says on Wikipedia that he's a 3rd round pick, unless you're talking about something else. Still a good group though, no doubt.

Hankerson - 1st Rounder

Weems - Probowler

GREAT GROUP!

he's not faster than Harry but he is a better receiver.

Hankerson - 1st Rounder

Weems - Probowler

GREAT GROUP!

Hankerson is a 3rd rounder.

I'm talking field speed. Hank is fast but Harry shows to be faster during games

You have ventured into a subjective evaluation of speed.

So in my opinion Hankerson appears to be a good bit faster

than Harry on the field. If he stays healthy he will be a significant

upgrade.

He had a great group in Washington. For him to be this excited says a lot.

Really?

What else would he say?

"I tell ya, I miss my old teammates in Washington. I wish I could go back there. I never really liked this system anyway."

There was no other possible thing for him to say.

You have ventured into a subjective evaluation of speed.

So in my opinion Hankerson appears to be a good bit faster

than Harry on the field. If he stays healthy he will be a significant

upgrade.

call it whatever you want. I'm just going by what I've seen from Hankersons college days through his healthy days as a pro.

Really?

What else would he say?

"I tell ya, I miss my old teammates in Washington. I wish I could go back there. I never really liked this system anyway."

You're somewhat right about the PC speak there but he could have chosen his words differently if he wasn't that thrilled. He could have been more generic and said "we have a really good group of guys here. Can't wait for the season to start."

call it whatever you want. I'm just going by what I've seen from Hankersons college days through his healthy days as a pro.

Me too. We see it differently. It is an opinion you have and an opinion I have

that is the exact opposite of your opinion.

Doesn't hankerson have problems with drops?

could be the qb he played with. He was as sure handed as they come in college.

Me too. We see it differently. It is an opinion you have and an opinion I have

that is the exact opposite of your opinion.

k

Really?

What else would he say?

You can tell when they mean it or not. The choice of words is how you know. If it's a more open ended conversation that's how you know the player isn't all the way on board.