Antone Smith With 1St Team Reps

Went to the open public OTAs and Antone Smith took alot of reps wit 1st team. Kinda looked like 3 backs got split equally almost but Tone was out there lil more it seemed. Im a big Tone fan and would love for him to get the chance to start while the other backs get a better feel. Was pretty happy to see that. I know there are others out there that don't think he can do it but he was never given the chance and I hope this is his chance this year. Wasn't alot and drills but still was pretty cool. You can kinda see what players are being watched more then others.

Edited by Aries2887

Hard to argue with his success but Antone lacks the vision to be a 2-3 down back. That said Coleman had great success last year in college but like most rookies will probably slow down as the year goes on. Freeman has never been a main starter either. Whatever happens it will be interesting. All three want a chance and will fight for the starting role.

Hard to argue with his success but Antone lacks the vision to be a 2-3 down back. That said Coleman had great success last year in college but like most rookies will probably slow down as the year goes on. Freeman has never been a main starter either. Whatever happens it will be interesting. All three want a chance and will fight for the starting role.

Who will start will likely be irrelevant to bigger picture. RB by committee is the plan.

If we can get a 3 back rotation set then id be content. Just want to see Smith get his shot. He shoulda had his shot last year just to see what he could do. We ALL know that when he was givin the go He Took it the distance. Like to see what he could do with more opportunities. His Vision issue are hard to find. I rewatched every play he's got a chance to touch the ball but only thing I can see is the Oline failing like usual.

I would give Tone starting < 5% chance of happening. He can't pass block, which unfortunately for him is the second most important thing a RB needs to be able to do, after running the ball. Tone's strength is catching the ball in space.

Went to the open public OTAs and Antone Smith took alot of reps wit 1st team. Kinda looked like 3 backs got split equally almost but Tone was out there lil more it seemed. Im a big Tone fan and would love for him to get the chance to start while the other backs get a better feel. Was pretty happy to see that. I know there are others out there that don't think he can do it but he was never given the chance and I hope this is his chance this year. Wasn't alot and drills but still was pretty cool. You can kinda see what players are being watched more then others.

how its not even open to the public yet?

Antone's vision isn't the question in my mind, it's his pass blocking and durability. He's a phenomenal pure runner, better than that Darren Sprole who also can't pass block... I hope he gets better in that area.

Ota were open to the public only mini camp is and that starts june 16th i believe. This dude is lying unless he is media. Trust if it was open more people would be posting than this one poster who nobody has ever heard of

He's also been going on and on about Antone being the starter for a while. Even if true, it's confirmation bias at best.

Ota were open to the public only mini camp is and that starts june 16th i believe. This dude is lying unless he is media. Trust if it was open more people would be posting than this one poster who nobody has ever heard of

I meant OTAs! lol sorry for the mix up

Antone's vision isn't the question in my mind, it's his pass blocking and durability. He's a phenomenal pure runner, better than that Darren Sprole who also can't pass block... I hope he gets better in that area.

If they can get him in space or even line him up at receiver he can be a whole new kind of weapon, like Sproles, who was most effective not as a main back in NO but as a jack of all trades out of the backfield.

Who ever gets the most snaps most likely will probably be the best RB for the system/situation.

whoever gets the most snaps all falls on who has the hot hand during practice and in games. It's how Shanahan did it last year without a clear cut starter, it's how it should be expected of him to do this year without a clear cut starter.

If they can get him in space or even line him up at receiver he can be a whole new kind of weapon, like Sproles, who was most effective not as a main back in NO but as a jack of all trades out of the backfield.

Sproles was a special player in NO.

It's really hard to stop a team that can pick up 15+ yards on a check-down on a regular basis.

If we can get a 3 back rotation set then id be content. Just want to see Smith get his shot. He shoulda had his shot last year just to see what he could do. We ALL know that when he was givin the go He Took it the distance. Like to see what he could do with more opportunities. His Vision issue are hard to find. I rewatched every play he's got a chance to touch the ball but only thing I can see is the Oline failing like usual.

I wouldn't count on a 3 back rotation. Two backs is the likely with a third getting used on certain situations. I think you'll see game plans that can exploit certain backs against certain defenses. Most backs need a certain amount of touches to be effective, so I look for us to have a feature back, then a rotation for the change of pace.