Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Scott Pioli Named Most Influential Falcon, But Just How Influential Is He?

499 posts in this topic

It doesn't matter. If someone has 99 perfect games, and one horrible one, and I only ever bring up the one bad game, I am ragging on that player. You can say something true and it can still be needless bashing.

MR is wanting...p\o perspective.

What is his TD \ to ratio...playoffs.

Not good enough... Or JJ isn't the Answer.

That is proven.

MR is wanting...p\o perspective.

What is his TD \ to ratio...playoffs.

Not good enough... Or JJ isn't the Answer.

That is proven.

Bro, you can't even figure out what the question is, how are you gonna get to an answer?

Which is why blowing five picks and eventually $100M on a shiny hood ornament is a dumass idea.

It still is a good idea now, I think you have no idea where you were going with this. Roddy is now over the hill and almost done, and JJ and MR2 have proven their value. We have won in spite of having a soft defense and the worst 3rd quarter coach possibly in history.

The chances of Julio Jones getting a $100m+ contract are slim...if they aren't completely non-existent.

One WR has received a $100m+ contract and he was in a unique situation with a tremendous amount of leverage. That isn't the case here.

The chances of Julio Jones getting a $100m+ contract are slim...if they aren't completely non-existent.

One WR has received a $100m+ contract and he was in a unique situation with a tremendous amount of leverage. That isn't the case here.

If JJ has no leverage...why the sacrifice for him?

It still is a good idea now, I think you have no idea where you were going with this. Roddy is now over the hill and almost done, and JJ and MR2 have proven their value. We have won in spite of having a soft defense and the worst 3rd quarter coach possibly in history.

Spending five draft picks on a WR never was and never will be a good idea. NE just won a Lombardi with Julian Edelman as their top WR. SEA won the year before with Golden Tate as their top WR.

I think we're slightly below .500 (24-26?)since that trade.

LOL @ "blowing $100 million on a hood ornament"

Like that's going to happen....lol.

Megatron got a 7 year $113M deal son. You best believe Julio's next contract value will be as high or higher. His agent will either rape The Atlanta Falcons or some other sucker team.

The only way it won't hit $100M+ is if it's less than seven years.

Yeah I did. I had him mocked as high as the second and as low as the fourth but felt he was a first round talent and stated I would have taken him as high as #27 which is basically a high second round pick. As injury prone as he is he has played in more games than Pick Five Jones.

So you had Houston going to us in the 1st and Murray in the second???

I think we're slightly below .500 (24-26?)since that trade.

Slightly above at 33-31(.516).

We were 33-15 (.688) the three previous seasons with Roddy White as our top WR.

So you had Houston going to us in the 1st and Murray in the second???

I had several mocks in 2011. Had Houston in the first in one and Murray in the second in another one.

I had several mocks in 2011. Had Houston in the first in one and Murray in the second in another one.

Never in the same mock huh but yet you criticize TD for something you and 31 other GM didn't even get right? Gotcha!

Never in the same mock huh but yet you criticize TD for something you and 31 other GM didn't even get right? Gotcha!

Do you know what a mock is? A mock is not a big board. Justin Houston and DeMarco Murray were higher than anyone on my big board. Both would have been Falcons if I were running the draft. And we would have been much better off. And I'm a frkn TATFer. Not a GM with a scouting department, tapes, interviews, workouts and a shtload of time to devote to building a roster.

Do you know what a mock is? A mock is not a big board. Justin Houston and DeMarco Murray were higher than anyone on my big board. Both would have been Falcons if I were running the draft. And we would have been much better off. And I'm a frkn TATFer. Not a GM with a scouting department, tapes, interviews, workouts and a shtload of time to devote to building a roster.

Did you miss the rest of the sentence that correctly stated that no other GM drafted either before the 3rd round

Spending five draft picks on a WR never was and never will be a good idea. NE just won a Lombardi with Julian Edelman as their top WR. SEA won the year before with Golden Tate as their top WR.

Golden tate has proven his value as a #1, and Seattle is stacked at wr. Gronkowski is technically a wr and you could argue that he did win the bowl game. The truth of the matter is that those five pics would've been a waste since mike smith hated rookies and never developed any players. When we shipped out brooking and Lofton, our defense turned from mediocre to the worst. You have to put complete blame on the Smittiot for never being able to put a competent defense together. Atleast we have two great pieces w/ JJ and MR we were left to build around.

The thing with our previous coaching, they were enamored by old vets. That alone lead to some decisions that made me want to pluck my eyes out:

We acquired the following old players because smitty refused to work with rookies:

-Persistence on starting grandpa Sjax

-Tyson jokeson at tackle

-persistence in starting samuel

-persistence in starting dunta

-Brian williams

-ray edwards

-even tg was begged to come back and was given the farm even though he wasn't willing to work with us.

Did you miss the rest of the sentence that correctly stated that no other GM drafted either before the 3rd round

That doesn't mean I wouldn't have. No GM drafted Randy Gregory before the second round. I would have snapped that mofo right up in the second. Gurley and Gregory would have been Falcons. So would have Diggy. Offense and defense probably would have been better.