Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Scott Pioli Named Most Influential Falcon, But Just How Influential Is He?

499 posts in this topic

And of course accounting for Jones doesn't open up the running game or leave other receivers in single coverage

And that all added up to 10-22. Why? Because our team had more holes than a piece of swiss cheese.

We won 13 games W\o him...did we need JJ after 2010?

As much as I love the "winzzzzz" argument, it's not a good one.

I mean, we won 13 games without Desmond Trufant....does it stand to reason that we don't need Desmond Trufant?

You're moving from correlation to causation. Not a sound method, IMO.

Yet, we think it was HD's catch that lost the game.

They looked a whole lot more competitive in 2012 than they did in 2010 or 2011

I thought they both were first round talents. Looks like they are.

I agree with most of your posts, just so you know I'm not one of those who are calling you out in this pizzing contest of a thread.......but seriously, you really thought Murray was a 1st round talent in 2011 with his history of injury? I was hoping he would fall to us in 2nd-3rd (before trade for Julio)....

Which is why blowing five picks and eventually $100M on a shiny hood ornament is a dumass idea.

Still as awful as the first time you posted it......3 years after the trade happened and you were on the Julio bandwagon.

To this, we agree. But I do think if we had used those picks wisely (a big if, I know) we would be in a better place today as a team.

And no, that's not a slam on Julio. And everything happens for a reason, so I'm happy we have him here.

Sorry Bro...We dominated that game because of Julio Jones! The team just choked so much in that game..We were the better team in 2012 period!

Which is why blowing five picks and eventually $100M on a shiny hood ornament is a dumass idea.

You're right...Murray never misses games

So MR didn't have a horrible 2nd qrt against GB...regardless of the team?

It doesn't matter. If someone has 99 perfect games, and one horrible one, and I only ever bring up the one bad game, I am ragging on that player. You can say something true and it can still be needless bashing.

So MR didn't have a horrible 2nd qrt against GB...regardless of the team?

He did. So what? Lots of QBs have had lots of awful quarters/halves/games in the playoffs and walked out with a win.

Sorry Bro...We dominated that game because of Julio Jones! The team just choked so much in that game..We were the better team in 2012 period!

I'm with ya on that! One of the best individual performances I've ever seen in a playoff contest......

I have no doubt we would have beat the ravens in super bowl......

He did. So what? Lots of QBs have had lots of awful quarters/halves/games in the playoffs and walked out with a win.

He did. Sucks for MR...should have given him a defense and not a wr.

I'm with ya on that! One of the best individual performances I've ever seen in a playoff contest......

I have no doubt we would have beat the ravens in super bowl......

Tore dat defense up!

Sucks we blew that opportunity. We definitely matched up against the Ravens very well. Would have been a good game.

Vandy likes this

I agree with most of your posts, just so you know I'm not one of those who are calling you out in this pizzing contest of a thread.......but seriously, you really thought Murray was a 1st round talent in 2011 with his history of injury? I was hoping he would fall to us in 2nd-3rd (before trade for Julio)....

Yeah I did. I had him mocked as high as the second and as low as the fourth but felt he was a first round talent and stated I would have taken him as high as #27 which is basically a high second round pick. As injury prone as he is he has played in more games than Pick Five Jones.

He did. Sucks for MR...should have given him a defense and not a wr.

I wasn't aware that you could turn a mid-20s pick into "defense"

The Julio trade paid immediate dividends and gave us our best look at a Lombardi in 15 years. Any of the subsequent failings of this team have a hundred causes, not one.

Still as awful as the first time you posted it......3 years after the trade happened and you were on the Julio bandwagon.

I liked Julio before and after the draft but I ain't never been on the five picks for a WR bandwagon. Ever. WTF you talkin bout Willis?

Yeah I did. I had him mocked as high as the second and as low as the fourth but felt he was a first round talent and stated I would have taken him as high as #27 which is basically a high second round pick. As injury prone as he is he has played in more games than Pick Five Jones.

LOL.

What a ******* joke this is.