Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyBird8711

Scott Pioli Named Most Influential Falcon, But Just How Influential Is He?

499 posts in this topic

Lol people act like Pioli is some sort of draft magician. Tyson jokeson (top 3 pick), and Arenas (2nd round), we're also pioli picks that were and still are absolute busts. Asamoah was considered a bust until his last season, and how did alex Magee and Baldwin fare?

All GMs have busts.

His entire 2009 draft class was a bust. The only two in the NFL still are #3 overall Tyson Jackson and a kicker.

And those teams with those players have won how many playoff games???

They've won as many as we have, but WTH does that have to do with anything? We could have had both players, plus three more, on our team. The comparison doesn't make sense at all.

The p\o win was about him?

You made the claim that Julio could be a hall of famer and we could not even make the playoffs. Turns out that he was on the only team to win a playoff game under Smith. LOL!

They've won as many as we have, but WTH does that have to do with anything? We could have had both players, plus three more, on our team. The comparison doesn't make sense at all.

So could 31 other teams. Guess what? None of them do because that ISN'T REALISTIC.

You made the claim that Julio could be a hall of famer and we could not even make the playoffs. Turns out that he was on the only team to win a playoff game under Smith. LOL!

He may have meant Julio could be on our team and playing at a HoF level and we not make the playoffs.

That has proven to be true for two straight seasons. 10-22.

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

Turns out running game and run defense were the factors... RW was a fly in the ointment(not MR\JJ).

Justin Houston And Murray were back to back picks early in the 3rd round so obviously you thought that we should have picked them with our 1st and 2nd round picks which no one did.

Turns out running game and run defense were the factors... RW was a fly in the ointment(not MR\JJ).

And of course accounting for Jones doesn't open up the running game or leave other receivers in single coverage

He may have meant Julio could be on our team and playing at a HoF level and we not make the playoffs.

That has proven to be true for two straight seasons. 10-22.

uuhhh, he played in 5 game in 2013 so that kinda had an effect on that season. Last season Smith worked his magic and screwed up a few games by himself

And of course accounting for Jones doesn't open up the running game or leave other receivers in single coverage

We won 13 games without him...fact.

Justin Houston And Murray were back to back picks early in the 3rd round so obviously you thought that we should have picked them with our 1st and 2nd round picks which no one did.

Good point. Shows how much the draft is still an inexact science.

But this team had so many obvious holes in 2011 that were going to eventually surface, as we were an aging team in so many critical players such as in Abe/Turner/Gonzo/DB and OL/DL and LB...TD took the gamble to go for it during that window and we fell 10 yards short. Still chaps my azz we lost that game to SF at home.....anyway, the end result of down the road price for taking that gamble was pretty evident to see, and here we are.

TD;s had his fair share of hits and misses....But I don't think it's too big a stretch to assume he would have picked 2-3 decent players in those deficit areas I mentioned with those 5 picks we gave up to get Julio....maybe a Cameron Jordan or Donta Hightower as well as a decent WR like Torry Smith or Randall Cobb or Ashlon Jeffrey plus some decent depth...

We won 13 games without him...fact.

Against Oakland, Jacksonville,Minnesota and other teams like that..What happened in the playoffs when they played against the big dogs???

WTF are you talking about?

In this topic alone you're ragging on Ryan and JJ, who are, barring Tru, easily our top two players. I just don't understand the thought processes of some people, what's the point in that?

Good point. Shows how much the draft is still an inexact science.

But this team had so many obvious holes in 2011 that were going to eventually surface, as we were an aging team in so many critical players such as in Abe/Turner/Gonzo/DB and OL/DL...TD took the gamble to go for it during that window and we fell 10 yards short. Still chaps my azz we lost that game to SF at home.....anyway, the end result of down the road price for taking that gamble was pretty evident to see, and here we are.

Here's the thing...They didn't lose that 49'er game because of the Julio trade

Vandy likes this

Defense came up big vs AZ and Oak...2012.

13 win seasons.

How did that defense play against Greenbay in 2010 after the 13 win season without Julio? What about the offense???

In this topic alone you're ragging on Ryan and JJ, who are, barring Tru, easily our top two players. I just don't understand the thought processes of some people, what's the point in that?

I am not ragging on Ryan or JJ...just the historical facts.

How did that defense play against Greenbay in 2010 after the 13 win season without Julio? What about the offense???

How did MR's 2 t\o play in the 2nd qtr?

Here's the thing...They didn't lose that 49'er game because of the Julio trade

To this, we agree. But I do think if we had used those picks wisely (a big if, I know) we would be in a better place today as a team.

And no, that's not a slam on Julio. And everything happens for a reason, so I'm happy we have him here.

I thought they both were first round talents. Looks like they are.