American Pharaoh The First Triple Crown Winner In 37 Years

One of the faster times on the track, just over 2 seconds slower than Secretariat's track record.

If the two were in the same race 2 seconds means American Pharoah would have lost to Secretariat by 10 Lengths...that is how dominate Secretariat was. Secretariat won the Belmont by 31 lengths

Two seconds is an eternity in a race.

Of course it is. That's what makes Secretariat's time so impressive. No horse has even come within a full two seconds of it.

Still, it's a impressive time. 6th best ever, and second only to Secretariat among triple crown winners. It's an incredible feat to win at varying race lengths.

If the two were in the same race 2 seconds means American Pharoah would have lost to Secretariat by 10 Lengths...that is how dominate Secretariat was. Secretariat won the Belmont by 31 lengths

I had forgotten about Sham. Any other year Sham wins the triple crown he just had the misfortune of being paired up against one of the best of all time.

his last quarter mile was faster than Secretariat

And??? He still was 2.65 seconds off Secretariat's record race which as I stated earlier is 10 lengths, which has now been adjusted to 13 1/4 lengths due to the extra .65.

Not taking anything away from American Pharoah, just trying to state the sheer dominant horse that secretariat was!...

I would say the best racehorse of all time.

But that is just my opinion.

a lot of people argue that Man O' War is the best just because of his record, only losing one race in his career. He didn't race the Derby as a 3 year old because his owner believed racing that length early was dangerous for the horse. But Man O War was an incredible horse, nonetheless.

Personally I have a Secretariat bias.

And??? He still was 2.65 seconds off Secretariat's record race which as I stated earlier is 10 lengths, which has now been adjusted to 13 1/4 lengths due to the extra .65.

Not taking anything away from American Pharoah, just trying to state the sheer dominant horse that secretariat was!...

and his last quarter mile was faster. Which means he got stronger as the race went on. Thought that was very simple to understand

and his last quarter mile was faster. Which means he got stronger as the race went on. Thought that was very simple to understand

Understood, but he still would have lost to Secretariat by 13 1/2 lengths. I thought that was simple to understand? Maybe if the race was two or three miles maybe your statement would mean something, but the fact AP was faster in the last quarter mile and still would have lost by 13 1/2 lengths, to a superior horse, seems meaningless to me.

Understood, but he still would have lost to Secretariat by 13 1/2 lengths. I thought that was simple to understand? Maybe if the race was two or three miles maybe your statement would mean something, but the fact AP was faster in the last quarter mile and still would have lost by 13 1/2 lengths, to a superior horse, seems meaningless to me.

if i said he would have beat secretariat you would have a point. Find that quote for me. I will wait

if i said he would have beat secretariat you would have a point. Find that quote for me. I will wait

Dude, that's not the point and you didn't say that, but why bring up the fact he ran a faster last quarter mile like it meant something? AP was still in a race so he was running hard, Secretariat was coasting to a 31 length victory and was probably daydreaming about the stud farm he was going to retire to.

13 1/2 lengths

Dude, that's not the point and you didn't say that, but why bring up the fact he ran a faster last quarter mile like it meant something? AP was still in a race so he was running hard, Secretariat was coasting to a 31 length victory and was probably daydreaming about the stud farm he was going to retire to.

13 1/2 lengths

it meant he ran the last 440 yards faster than Secretariat. That's a fact. Nothing more and nothing less.