Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrews31cain21

Looks Like Mike Smith Is Going To Write A Book

315 posts in this topic

Just do what I do. Put them on ignore, and their posts magically disappear! As long as no one quotes them, I am forever free of their trolling.

OR ...

I warn everyone like I did and if that doesn't work I make them go away.

while it's okay to talk about someone stuttering?

Absolutely different than talking about a mans children man.People on here can disagree but bringing anyone's children or family into it is absolutely crossing a line.

I have a feeling a book written by Smitty will more than likely be humble, self effacing and dignified. I don't see him being a complete ***** and trashing the organization that gave him such an opportunity. Smitty is a class act.

Vandy likes this

Absolutely different than talking about a mans children man.People on here can disagree but bringing anyone's children or family into it is absolutely crossing a line.

Who mentioned the children first? Did Rage introduce them to the conversation? I have him on ignore, so I can't see his posts.

OR ...

I warn everyone like I did and if that doesn't work I make them go away.

Im sure you have a good suspicion by now who oldskooler is.

Decided to chime in, Vandy didn't cross any lines

No he didn't, he was heading in the wrong direction though. Nothing wrong with a small check to put things into perspective. Since we're chiming in and all.

Decided to chime in, Vandy didn't cross any lines

Without knowing specifics, I would be surprised if he had. Vandy seems to really dislike me, and gives me a hard time for not much of a reason, but he keeps it above the belt. He insults my posts, not me personally. As far as I have seen and experienced, Vandy fights the way you're supposed to on a message board.

Vandy likes this

Would think the loss of process would be attributed to after the 2010 season. But I'll definitely be getting myself a copy and see what his thoughts of the situation were

Yes yes yes.... That is when "the process" ended. That was the buzzword in every post game presser the first few years. Never heard it after 2010. I truly believe his heart wasnt in it after that year, and I think he knew the run was over after the 2012 SF game.

Is there anything that I said that isn't true. I don't care. I will be brutally honest when it comes to mike smith. He was here far longer than he should have been and I knew it was a waste of time every year he was here. We could never win a Super Bowl with him at the helm. Never. Not in 100 years.

Smitty was exactly what we needed in 2008. I believe he should have been let go after 2013, because by then it was clear his biggest weakness was his ability the hire good coordinators. And then when he gave his "the Falcons aren't tough, the Falcons are soft... Bullspit" speech on Hard Knocks, I knew his administration had jumped the shark.

LMAO at Smitty losing the locker room. He had the team playing their best ball in the last quarter of the last two seasons while 90% of the quitter boys on TATF were tanking for a Clown.

Vandy and rounz like this

LMAO at Smitty losing the locker room. He had the team playing their best ball in the last quarter of the last two seasons while 90% of the quitter boys on TATF were tanking for a Clown.

Lol, I know right. They played their hearts out in that Final Panthers game. It looked just like every other playoff type game that Smith coached in. Tight, conservative, Flustered. It was too big for Mike Smith. He didn't have the poise it takes. Dan Quinn has the it factor that Smith could only dream of.

You should not talk ill of other peoples children. It's speaks volumes of your lack of any couth. There are certain things to be left alone you ignorant ****.

Double standards are awesome.

Lol, I know right. They played their hearts out in that Final Panthers game. It looked just like every other playoff type game that Smith coached in. Tight, conservative, Flustered. It was too big for Mike Smith. He didn't have the poise it takes. Dan Quinn has the it factor that Smith could only dream of.

LMAO. The 2014 team started out 2-6 and would have quit right there if Smitty had lost the locker room. They finished 4-4 with three of the four losses by a touchdown or less. Yeah they got blown up by the Panties, who were on a three game winning streak and playing lights out defense (13.3 ppg allowed), but Smitty had us playing for a division title in week 17 son. Don't sound like a lost locker room or a team that quit to me.

Like someone else said, you usually don't write a book halfway thru your coaching career. Is Smitty hanging it up? Depending on the kind of things he says in this book, teams may not want to hire him. Why write a book making a bunch of iscuses when you can still get hired on somewhere else and possibly redefine your career there? The whole idea of the book just reeks of spitefulness and hurt feelings. It really kind of clashes with the idea I've had of Smith's character. I'll wait to hear more info on this project before saying much else. Would definitely be an interesting read...my question is why write this book now? What's Smitty's motif?

Like someone else said, you usually don't write a book halfway thru your coaching career. Is Smitty hanging it up? Depending on the kind of things he says in this book, teams may not want to hire him. Why write a book making a bunch of iscuses when you can still get hired on somewhere else and possibly redefine your career there? The whole idea of the book just reeks of spitefulness and hurt feelings. It really kind of clashes with the idea I've had of Smith's character. I'll wait to hear more info on this project.

You might be jumping the gun. How do you know the book is rife with disrespectful and spiteful comments? Knowing Smitty he'll be taking most of the blame, whether deserved or not. If he is telling the truth and blaming others, he won't be throwing anyone under a bus anymore than he got thrown under a bus in February.

No he didn't, he was heading in the wrong direction though. Nothing wrong with a small check to put things into perspective. Since we're chiming in and all.

This is true. I should not have gone there.

Without knowing specifics, I would be surprised if he had. Vandy seems to really dislike me, and gives me a hard time for not much of a reason, but he keeps it above the belt. He insults my posts, not me personally. As far as I have seen and experienced, Vandy fights the way you're supposed to on a message board.

I love you, OldCoot. You remind me of my great grand-paw.

😜

BS, Falcons went 4-4 2nd half of season as players played hard for their HC. If you want to see teams that truly quit on their coaches, see Bears, Jets, Redskins,Titans and Faders.

I love you, OldCoot. You remind me of my great grand-paw.

Does this mean I'm going to be stuck in an old folks home, and you won't write or come visit? LOL

On second thought, as long as there are some cute little "candy stripers", feel free!

BS, Falcons went 4-4 2nd half of season as players played hard for their HC. If you want to see teams that truly quit on their coaches, see Bears, Jets, Redskins,Titans and Faders.

Too bad they never played hard in the second half of all the important games.

I have a crackpot theory that word about Mike Smith's firing leaked before the Panthers game. Would explain that complete lack of effort in Week 17.