Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrews31cain21

Looks Like Mike Smith Is Going To Write A Book

315 posts in this topic

and if it is followed by a 6 win season, who gets fired Quinn or TD?

Probably TD since he's been here longest. Maybe both of them.

So if we win 4 games this season, who gets fired TD or Quinn?

Probably neither. Frankly, that's about what I'm expecting. And I don't care about the win total the first year. All I need to see is a definitive plan being put in motion, and solid progress in the play of our young players.

It is entirely possible to improve dramatically, without it showing on the scoreboard. Example: last year's Raiders.

As long as demonstrative progress is made in the talent level and development of our young players, a bad W/L record will be survivable. Lord knows if I was gunshy about a losing season, I certainly wouldn't still be a Falcons fan.

PokerSteve likes this

"Getting fired and not even having as much as a whisper of interest from any other team; not even a rumor started by a talking head" by Mike Smith

Da_Truth likes this

I'm definitely interested. He hasnt done an interview since he was fired. I really want to know his thoughts on the leak just hours before the last game.

I can't recall the last time a top rated Head Coach got fired and there weren't numerous rumors floating around about teams interested inntheir service. Every year Mike Cower says he is taking the year off with no interest in coaching and his name is attached to every team Loki g for a head coach anyway. Here in Atlanta. The Smitty apologists procliam he wanted to take year off and that's why no one heard as much as a rumor about another team wanting him.

Lol at "find out" You and a few others already 100% believe that TD was the main problem anyway. Smith doesn't need to release a book to get you to believe that.

You clearly don't read all my posts or selectivly pick what you want. Smitty was a problem no doubt. The time management wasn't TD's fault. TD however is just as guilty (Drafting of talent or lack there of) and tried to throw Smitty under the bus saying Smitty made him pick this guy! TD is absolutly a problem and anyone that thinks otherwise has his head in the sand. I mean look at the contract he signed Baker to! I am not going to rehash all the mistakes he made as it is well documented on this board just use the search function. So assuming TD is right and SMITTY made him pick these guys that failed, then what does that say about TD? I can tell you if I go to my boss and tell him this is the way I want it done he is going to laugh and look for the hidden cameras. The good news is we don't have to worry about TD as far as talent goes anymore we got SP. Blank thinks he is a problem too because not only did he strip him of draft powers but he also has the new coach reporting to him. However TD is still handing out contracts so wait for Bakers 10 year 75M extension.

I can't recall the last time a top rated Head Coach got fired and there weren't numerous rumors floating around about teams interested inntheir service. Every year Mike Cower says he is taking the year off with no interest in coaching and his name is attached to every team Loki g for a head coach anyway. Here in Atlanta. The Smitty apologists procliam he wanted to take year off and that's why no one heard as much as a rumor about another team wanting him.

There were rumors of him going to Oakland with Del Rio

I bet the first half of the book is very exciting.

You even made me giggle on that one.

I can tell you if I go to my boss and tell him this is the way I want it done he is going to laugh and look for the hidden cameras.

A more apt analogy for what you think is happening would be your boss coming and offering to do part of your job for you. HC's aren't just given players, they're supposed to have the most say in who's brought in.

Didn't know it was true, but I have heard from a few...he is TICKED!!!

What have you heard?

PM me if you can't post it.

Just ftr, I can best use the chef analogy to cover my feelings on the TD/Smith thing.

Smith was the chef, while TD bought the groceries.

TD went out and got what he was told to get, but he still could have done a better job of inspecting the quality of the ingredients.

If Smith didn't like the quality of the ingredients, then he could have (and maybe did) modified what he was asking for as well.

So basically, you have blame on both sides. TD can come off as wholly innocent if you assume that Smith directions were flawed and that TD was limited in who he could choose. Meanwhile TD can seem wholly to blame, if you assume that he bought the ingredients with heavy disregard for Smith's desires.

The truth is probably somewhere in between, but Smith's faults were simply easier to pin down. The product on the field, the lack of development, the improper use of players, as well as timeouts, are all things that presented themselves as clear as day, and were simply unable to be argued.

TD's faults, on the other hand, were more mysterious, since we weren't in the room when any of these decisions were being made. Even I have to admit, that this whole scenario lends itself more to blaming Smith than TD.

For me personally, there's also the fact that TD is here and Smith is not. When Smith was still here, I was one of few that defended him adamantly, even against most others, up until midway through last season. (The Browns game was what sealed it for me, fyi.) Of course, by that point, it was basically over for him anyway, and I think that any rational person knew it. The writing was on the wall, at that point, that he was out of here.

My stance has always been that I will lean toward cautious optimism, that is, that if I can see a rational argument for why the positive option is possibly true, then I tend to at least try to believe that it is. Therefore, I take a similar approach to Smith that I take with players who are no longer here: I remember the good time fondly, thank him for his services, but move on. TD, on the other hand, is still here, and as long as he is, I will try to believe that he can be an asset to this team.

Smith was great for us, and I will always appreciate what he did for this franchise, but I've simply moved on. Now, I spend my time looking forward to what Quinn will bring.

Of course, there's also the factor of Blank's involvement in all this, but we know even less about that, than we do about TD's, so since that would be pretty much close to 100% speculative, I'm leaving that out.

Just ftr, I can best use the chef analogy to cover my feelings on the TD/Smith thing.

Smith was the chef, while TD bought the groceries.

TD went out and got what he was told to get, but he still could have done a better job of inspecting the quality of the ingredients.

If Smith didn't like the quality of the ingredients, then he could have (and maybe did) modified what he was asking for as well.

So basically, you have blame on both sides. TD can come off as wholly innocent if you assume that Smith directions were flawed and that TD was limited in who he could choose. Meanwhile TD can seem wholly to blame, if you assume that he bought the ingredients with heavy disregard for Smith's desires.

The truth is probably somewhere in between, but Smith's faults were simply easier to pin down. The product on the field, the lack of development, the improper use of players, as well as timeouts, are all things that presented themselves as clear as day, and were simply unable to be argued.

TD's faults, on the other hand, were more mysterious, since we weren't in the room when any of these decisions were being made. Even I have to admit, that this whole scenario lends itself more to blaming Smith than TD.

For me personally, there's also the fact that TD is here and Smith is not. When Smith was still here, I was one of few that defended him adamantly, even against most others, up until midway through last season. (The Browns game was what sealed it for me, fyi.) Of course, by that point, it was basically over for him anyway, and I think that any rational person knew it. The writing was on the wall, at that point, that he was out of here.

My stance has always been that I will lean toward cautious optimism, that is, that if I can see a rational argument for why the positive option is possibly true, then I tend to at least try to believe that it is. Therefore, I take a similar approach to Smith that I take with players who are no longer here: I remember the good time fondly, thank him for his services, but move on. TD, on the other hand, is still here, and as long as he is, I will try to believe that he can be an asset to this team.

Smith was great for us, and I will always appreciate what he did for this franchise, but I've simply moved on. Now, I spend my time looking forward to what Quinn will bring.

Of course, there's also the factor of Blank's involvement in all this, but we know even less about that, than we do about TD's, so since that would be pretty much close to 100% speculative, I'm leaving that out.

Man, I wish I could give this more than one like. Spectacular all around.

I think we loaded up offense and made due with schemes on defense . However if our o line had held up we wouldnt have had 2 losing seasons. If our line doesnt hold up we will have another losing season.

Take it one step further if any other NFL team had the same injuries to their o line we have had I seriously doubt ant coach or QB could save the season.

Probably because its a reasonable, well thought out post, as opposed to useless agenda driven drivel that tells you what you want to hear.

Eaztside just joined the growing list of posters I will hopefully never see again.

PokerSteve and paulitik like this

Eaztside just joined the growing list of posters I will hopefully never see again.

Tuggle will probably get around to banning him eventually. Some of the less annoying trolls are sometimes tolerated, as long they're not causing problems. Ironically, if a few on here hadn't called him on his charade early on, he'd have probably already made a thread and been banned as a result.

Tuggle will probably get around to banning him eventually. Some of the less annoying trolls are sometimes tolerated, as long they're not causing problems. Ironically, if a few on here hadn't called him on his charade early on, he'd have probably already made a thread and been banned as a result.

Banning really shouldn't be necessary, since we all have the power to remedy the situation in our own hands. If we all put the trolls on "Ignore", they would receive no responses. That alone will drive them away.

They would be like roaches in a clean kitchen: nothing to feed on, so they move on.

Banning really shouldn't be necessary, since we all have the power to remedy the situation in our own hands. If we all put the trolls on "Ignore", they would receive no responses. That alone will drive them away.

They would be like roaches in a clean kitchen: nothing to feed on, so they move on.

The thing is, that will never happen. There will always be someone to respond. Not everyone is a regular poster here and able to pick up on who the trolls are and then ignore them. Plus, there will always be those that respond knowing full well that they are trolls.