Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrews31cain21

Looks Like Mike Smith Is Going To Write A Book

315 posts in this topic

"Overachieving" The Mike Smith/Falcon story.

Or "How to Raise Expectations and Take All the Blame"

Two great novel titles IMHO.

He could write a short story as well "Under Appreciated in Atlanta."

Or "When the Music Stopped...I had no Chair" with backstabbing quotes from AB/TD.

Always nice to see the children arguing amongst themselves..anyways back to the point

Whatever smiths faults were (and he has more than a few) being classless isn't one of them. I highly doubt smith will blame anybody but himself. That's the kinda guy he is.

Thank you, good lord

Whatever smiths faults were (and he has more than a few) being classless isn't one of them. I highly doubt smith will blame anybody but himself. That's the kinda guy he is.

Absolutely true so allow me to be classless for him...appreciative Falcon fan.

"Jerry Jones Lite" or "How I Dealt with Arthur Blank"

Always nice to see the children arguing amongst themselves..anyways back to the point

5 winning season is a ROW....Lets see what Quinn has..My take if he has a losing season in year one,the impatient fanbase will come unglued....hope it doesn't happen!

Lol at "find out" You and a few others already 100% believe that TD was the main problem anyway. Smith doesn't need to release a book to get you to believe that.

Amen.

I can see the first chapter titled "the loss of process was 100% my fault", where the entire chapter doesn't even mention TD one time, and read on here " I just read the first chapter of Smittys book and you know, if you read between the lines it's clear Smitty feels TD is 100% to blame for the loss of process".

Lmao, you know it's coming, that between the line reading that so many here engage in if the quote doesn't fit their strident, predetermined position.

This guy gets it. Falcons under Smitty may have not been the best team, but they had the most character.

eastside_bird likes this

and our team still has holes. The line is an injured mess. Safety is a mess

Get back at the end of just this one year with Quinn and Co. leading this team.. When we go to the playoffs and maybe deep.You will see what a huge differance it makes to have the right Coach and system Quinn brings to our team. Yes. it will be a huge change for the better this year.. Hold me to it. That being if Ryan can stay healthy. As always of course. If he does, this want even look like the same team simply because the philosophy of Smith did not nor will it work in the NFL ... You have to run first. And thankfully Quinn is going back to the 4-3.

This guy gets it. Falcons under Smitty may have not been the best team, but they had the most character.

Falcons were the best team 2x and if not...talent was the issue.

I think we met a few teams that had more talent than us...better QBs at least twice.

Quinn will be good. but no one will be great until that scum TD is gone

You're being ridiculous. My personal opinion is that td's greatest strength is also his biggest weakness... His ability to work with other people.

k-train and hjerry like this

Can't wait to read it. Tweet said it's comin out soon. We might get a different spin on things. Mods should allow all Smitty threads or start a Smitty forum. I think he's the best all time Falcon coach. Only one even close is Reeves. Maybe Leeman with an outside shot.

The process huh? Wonder who took the process off track? Dimitroff, Arthur, McKay, the draft, letting too many veterans walk without having better to replace them with? Can't wait to read what Smitty has to say about what went wrong...play calling, coaching, players, etc.

This thread has de-evolved into a bad Miller Lite commercial parody.

"TD's FAULT!"

"SMITTY'S FAULT!"

or a Reeces Peanutbutter Cup commercial.

"You've got your Smittyball in my TD Hair Gel!"

"You've got your TD Hair Gel on my Smittyball!"

Both of them get credit for our 5 good seasons.

Both of them get the blame for the disappointing ends to those seasons.

They both are to blame for the previous 2 seasons and our currently talent-deficient roster.

It is not an "either/or" scenario.

You're being ridiculous. My personal opinion is that td's greatest strength is also his biggest weakness... His ability to work with other people.

Yep.

You cannot give all the credit for the good 5 seasons to Smitty & try to blame TD for why we were bad the last 2 years & in the playoffs. They both had a hand in it, and thus they both should share the credit for the success & the blame for the shortcomings.

IMO, Smith had a much bigger hand in it though.

TD was only responsible for getting players.

Smith was responsible for input on which players to get AND developing those players, providing schemes that work to the strengths of those players, etc.

I see it as 25% on TD and 75% on Smith.

Smith was a defensive coach that couldn't put together a decent defense to save his life. He was given countless excuses... a new OC, a new DC, a new O-line coach, a new d-line coach. Eventually it came down to the LCD & that was Smitty.

He was absolutely fantastic for this franchise when it was at probably its lowest point ever. He had a positive energy that was addictive & made guys want to play for him. There is no denying this, and he deserves all the credit in the world for being a man of high character.

The issue is that having a high character alone can only get you so far. The goal is to win it all, and when you can only win some of it, and then suddenly almost none at all, it's clearly time to move on. Smitty is a great guy, and can be a positive motivator, but he just doesn't seem to have the strategy & football knowledge that could push him to the top.

"Overachieving" The Mike Smith/Falcon story.

Or "How to Raise Expectations and Take All the Blame"

Two great novel titles IMHO.

He could write a short story as well "Under Appreciated in Atlanta."

Or "When the Music Stopped...I had no Chair" with backstabbing quotes from AB/TD.

Nice.

Smitty was the best ever Falcon coach. One the top NFL coaches from 2008-2012. Something happened. I think I know what it is.

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

This thread has de-evolved into a bad Miller Lite commercial parody.

"TD's FAULT!"

"SMITTY'S FAULT!"

or a Reeces Peanutbutter Cup commercial.

"You've got your Smittyball in my TD Hair Gel!"

"You've got your TD Hair Gel on my Smittyball!"

Both of them get credit for our 5 good seasons.

Both of them get the blame for the disappointing ends to those seasons.

They both are to blame for the previous 2 seasons and our currently talent-deficient roster.

It is not an "either/or" scenario.

Definitely and either or situation.

Smitty got Troffed.

PokerSteve and eastside_bird like this