Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrews31cain21

Looks Like Mike Smith Is Going To Write A Book

315 posts in this topic

Right, because Smith had absolutely zero culpability. Lmao. I really get tired of the "team Smitty" or "team TD" crap. I realize that's not your thing, your just an innocent troll who knows not what he means.

It's amazing how clever he thinks that he's being. The avatar is a dead giveaway.

Great source btw. Can always count on Pudge for that #######. Mike Smith makes book. Book sales to his family. Book is on shelf at half price book store for donations after 1 week.

It's amazing how clever he thinks that he's being. The avatar is a dead giveaway.

Your Thomas the train post is absolutely perfect Jerry. Plus 1 to you my friend.

Great source btw. Can always count on Pudge for that #######. Mike Smith makes book. Book sales to his family. Book is on shelf at half price book store for donations after 1 week.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Grew up under power lines?

Ate paint chips once too often?

Is you "family tree" perhaps a straight line?

I'm just curious what happened: why and how things went so terribly awry.

Romfal, hjerry and Ovie_Lover like this

so cute. You would rather follow me around than TATF. my secret admirer. Face it, Smitty > TD

That's it. Never give up little guy! You just keep trying no matter how obvious you are. Always persevere!

Atlfanstckndenver likes this

Your Thomas the train post is absolutely perfect Jerry. Plus 1 to you my friend.

Well, I have to give credit where credit is due. I actually got this from another longtime poster who used to do the same to a poster who was lost in the purge. I shant mention his name, b/c I try to avoid bringing up long banned users, but if you want to know then just pm me. wink.png

That's it. Never give up little guy! You just keep trying no matter how obvious you are. Always persevere!

I jave no idea which of you is taking what position, so I'm not taking sides here. But have you read your own sig lately? And if so, do you consider yourself the child or the horse?

Dimitroffs side would just be about gel and hipster glasses. That clown doesn't know football

Come on, you can do better than that. His own fans insult him worse than that. Come on little guy! I know you can do it if you try! smile.png

"Loss of process"

You don't say? The process was supposed to take 3 or 4 years... not 7. It's like a movie that's good early on, but then just keeps rambling on and on and on and on without seeming to actually be going anywhere. Eventually, even the most patient of people will start to pay less attention.

When you are constantly replacing coordinators & position coaches, because you use them as the excuses for your shortcomings, you have no consistency.

You cannot have a process without consistency.

According to the NFLPA, the average length of an NFL career is 3.3 years. Per the NFL, it's about 6 years. Either way, 7 years of this so called process meant a lot of turnover on the roster, and so another way in which there was little consistency.

Of course the process was lost, because it never showed the proper results in the proper time frame.

I jave no idea which of you is taking what position, so I'm not taking sides here. But have you read your own sig lately? And if so, do you consider yourself the child or the horse?

Well, I guess that it depends on your definition of "argument," but...I'm the horse in these situations...always. smile.png

I tell you what's a new low, this board. Bashing Mike Smith every chance y'all got. Yes he failed to take us to the Superbowl and failed to get us back on track after the 2012 season, but y'all done forgot all the good things he had done for us in his first 5 years.

Given the crappy roster he had, Smith gave us 5 straight winning seasons that this franchise had never seen. Without Mike Smith half of this board wouldn't be here cheering for the Falcons. We would still be wishing for a decent head coach that would for once give us stability. Mike Smith given stability and raised the expectations for the Falcons and all of y'all treat him like he's hot garbage man!

Give the man some respect!

Ignore that guy.

He's a drama queen.

Dimitroffs side would just be about gel and hipster glasses. That clown doesn't know football

says the guy who is sitting behind a computer while TD is getting paid to know football

This is pathetic you guys sticking up for Smitty. Smitty had 7 years to make a some what reasonable roster. HE COULDN'T DO IT. Even the 2012 team had major holes. Dan Quinn has revamped and put a great mix of vets and rookies on our roster in 1 ******* YEAR!!!!!!!!!! WTF is wrong with you guys?

I tell you what's a new low, this board. Bashing Mike Smith every chance y'all got. Yes he failed to take us to the Superbowl and failed to get us back on track after the 2012 season, but y'all done forgot all the good things he had done for us in his first 5 years.

Given the crappy roster he had, Smith gave us 5 straight winning seasons that this franchise had never seen. Without Mike Smith half of this board wouldn't be here cheering for the Falcons. We would still be wishing for a decent head coach that would for once give us stability. Mike Smith given stability and raised the expectations for the Falcons and all of y'all treat him like he's hot garbage man!

Give the man some respect!

Mike Smith is the winningest coach we've ever had, and yes, he deserves accolades for that to a degree. However, just being better than the mostly awful teams we've had before him isn't really some great accomplishment. His goal was to bring a SB to Atlant & he ultimately failed to do so.

The rosters he had were filled with the players he & his coordinators asked for.

He's a nice guy, and did a decent job early o bringing us from an afterthought to a slightly above average franchise. However, you don't just get to forget those last two miserable years. They were on his watch as well, and they count just as much as the 5 good seasons.

Evo likes this

Lol +1. He doesn't know falcons football. All he has is bad pictures and you can do better responses. Never adding a viewpoint to any discussion. Its quite sad

Question, Do you believe the crap you say? Or do you just type without thinking much?

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Grew up under power lines?

Ate paint chips once too often?

Is you "family tree" perhaps a straight line?

I'm just curious what happened: why and how things went so terribly awry.

lmao, never heard that last one

and our team still has holes. The line is an injured mess. Safety is a mess

Of course.

Because it takes more than one offseason to fix the problems left from Smitty, Nolan, Koetter, etc.

problems left from TD

From the very beginning of both Smith & TD being hired, there were numerous mentions in interviews that they both worked together in evaluating players, deciding who to bring in via draft or FA, etc.

TD is not without fault, but the players were picked because Smith or his coordinators wanted them. If the coaches ask for a player but then cannot develop them, that is solely on the coaching staff.