Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrews31cain21

Looks Like Mike Smith Is Going To Write A Book

315 posts in this topic

Joe wins.

Funniest stuff I have seen in a long time?

Lmao

Thank you, guys, but I sometimes worry that punking Rage could lead to a charge of child abuse.

Out of curiosity, why did my pre-draft pro-Dupreeism seem to bother you so much?

He was a legitimate candidate.

He plays the position we need.

Many pundits had us taking him.

I openly admitted he would need time and coaching to develop.

Almost everyone had a draft sacred cow. Gregory, Gurley, Ray, and of course Dupree and Beasley all had fans every bit as obsessive as I was.

As soon as we didn't draft him, I never mentioned him again. I never once made a single lament about not drafting him, or "we're gonna regret passing on him": never once. Yet you still harp on it.

Why?

'Bother' is too strong a word, I respect your opinion on him, it was the everday rhetoric more than Dupree himself. i just didn't see him as a Top 10 pick, he actually went about where I thought he'd go

And yes, even a stopped watch is right twice a day....

Yes, because this team was so blessed with quality depth everywhere up and down the roster.......

Which was part of Smith's job.

"He failed at his job because......... he failed at his job" is not a valid excuse.

By the way, by Smith's own admission, he was involved in personnel decisions as much as Dimitroff. So either way, either he is at fault for the personnel excuse or is at fault for being unable to develop his choices.

That's an excuse that goes nowhere.

'Involved' is a relative term. I'm sure Smith was "involved" in Julio decision in that he said ok to go along with TD, but If you believe he was the driving force of those type personnel moves, then you are beyond enlightenment.

Which was part of Smith's job.

"He failed at his job because......... he failed at his job" is not a valid excuse.

Ok, you can go with that one.

'Involved' is a relative term. I'm sure Smith was "involved" in Julio decision in that he said ok to go along with TD, but If you believe he was the driving force of those type personnel moves, then you are beyond enlightenment.

The problem on the defense lasted throughout his whole tenure. Julio is one man, he produces and had nothing to do with the pathetic defense from a supposed defensive minded coach.

Don't leave out that Blank wanted Julio due to the offensive failure against the Giants and the Packers. Also, Julio isn't depth and trying to play the default position that those picks would have magically fixed the problem is ignoring the rest of his tenure masked by regular season glory.

• Smith and TD collaborated on the personnel choices
  • The Giants gameplan was his.
  • The Packers gameplan was his.
  • The consistent conservative gameplans in the second halves were his(that became typical of the Falcons with the collapses and last second saves by his QB and kicker).
  • The defensive scheme choices were ultimately his.
  • Changing the blocking scheme was his choice.
  • The defensive personnel for last year(which was a clusterf***) was his choice.
  • That stupid timeout was his choice.
  • Finally, instilling an atmosphere of timidness was him.

<p>

The problem on the defense lasted throughout his whole tenure. Julio is one man, he produces and had nothing to do with the pathetic defense from a supposed defensive minded coach.

Don't leave out that Blank wanted Julio due to the offensive failure against the Giants and the Packers. Also, Julio isn't depth and trying to play the default position that those picks would have magically fixed the problem is ignoring the rest of his tenure masked by regular season glory.

• Smith and TD collaborated on the personnel choices
  • The Giants gameplan was his.
  • The Packers gameplan was his.
  • The consistent conservative gameplans in the second halves were his(that became typical of the Falcons with the collapses and last second saves by his QB and kicker).
  • The defensive scheme choices were ultimately his.
  • Changing the blocking scheme was his choice.
  • The defensive personnel for last year(which was a clusterf***) was his choice.
  • That stupid timeout was his choice.
  • Finally, instilling an atmosphere of timidness was him.
Agree with your issues on time management and timid ness, which cost him his job.

Conservative game plans are nothing new for good but not great coaches like smith, John Fox , Jeff fisher, Rex Ryan, Marvin Lewis et al. His 66-46 career record here was largely due to that conservative gameplan philosophy. But in playoffs, as we know, that's where great coaching beats good.

Strongly disagree about your julio trade having nothing to do with defense issues, that's just silly. Not only did that trade cost us valuable picks to shore up D , it changed the entire culture of team in so many ways, including subsequent drafting, team schemes, coaching and overall personnel. And that trade came about because of TD , not Smith.

Come on, you can do better than that. His own fans insult him worse than that. Come on little guy! I know you can do it if you try! smile.png

I'll do better than that. Every time I hear TD talk, whether it's a post-game, pre-game, draft, whatever...it just smacks of insincerity. It always sounds like he's got the spin machine on high, and he's either telling us what we're supposed to hear, or what he wants us to hear to excuse his own decisions. He sounds like a very slick politician, frankly. I don't believe a word he says.

I'll do better than that. Every time I hear TD talk, whether it's a post-game, pre-game, draft, whatever...it just smacks of insincerity. It always sounds like he's got the spin machine on high, and he's either telling us what we're supposed to hear, or what he wants us to hear to excuse his own decisions. He sounds like a very slick politician, frankly. I don't believe a word he says.

See, trollboy, that's how you attack a GM. You'd do a better job probably if you were actually a Falcons fan like this guy. smile.png

Haha! Toker is actin a little sore in the hind quarters.

Oh the irony Dilbert cartoon.

Love Dilbert.

"Undeserved Blame." Or "HD caught the Ball."

Haha! Toker is actin a little sore in the hind quarters.

Oh the irony Dilbert cartoon.

He's to Matt Ryan as FFS1970 is to Julio. The thread could be about tailgating and Toker will find a way to take a shot at Matt Ryan. It's quite sad actually.

He's to Matt Ryan as FFS1970 is to Julio. The thread could be about tailgating and Toker will find a way to take a shot at Matt Ryan. It's quite sad actually.

Child please...You an Tuggle are off topic.

Child please...You an Tuggle are off topic.

My bad, don't let me get in the way of your on topic thread participation

One does not have to be "a driving force" behind something in order to be a part of it.