Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrews31cain21

Looks Like Mike Smith Is Going To Write A Book

315 posts in this topic

I have a crackpot theory that word about Mike Smith's firing leaked before the Panthers game. Would explain that complete lack of effort in Week 17.

I don't think it's a theory, the Joe Banner hire, and the consulting firm were leaked before the Panties game.

That said, why not try to prove them wrong? The fact that they were so unprepared, proved he didn't deserve to keep his job.

I don't think it's a theory, the Joe Banner hire, and the consulting firm were leaked before the Panties game.

That said, why not try to prove them wrong? The fact that they were so unprepared, proved he didn't deserve to keep his job.

He did completely lose the team, but they were at least trying mostly. That last game was just an all-around disaster. They looked like they were out there because they had to be. Poor Matt was sacked 6 times and he had to throw 47 passes. Brutal viewing.

paulitik likes this

He did completely lose the team, but they were at least trying mostly. That last game was just an all-around disaster. They looked like they were out there because they had to be. Poor Matt was sacked 6 times and he had to throw 47 passes. Brutal viewing.

Such a let down. We handed Carolina the 1st B2B division crown, and the easiest playoff victory ever.

Does this mean I'm going to be stuck in an old folks home, and you won't write or come visit? LOL

On second thought, as long as there are some cute little "candy stripers", feel free!

LOL...I envisioned you were already posting from there from a computer in the lobby, especially pre-draft when you were on your Dupree daily rampage, with 2-3 "candy stripers" guarding over you.

You're a good nut.

Too bad they never played hard in the second half of all the important games.

Lack of depth issue more than playing hard issue

LOL...I envisioned you were already posting from there from a computer in the lobby, especially pre-draft when you were on your Dupree daily rampage, with 2-3 "candy stripers" guarding over you.

You're a good nut.

Out of curiosity, why did my pre-draft pro-Dupreeism seem to bother you so much?

He was a legitimate candidate.

He plays the position we need.

Many pundits had us taking him.

I openly admitted he would need time and coaching to develop.

Almost everyone had a draft sacred cow. Gregory, Gurley, Ray, and of course Dupree and Beasley all had fans every bit as obsessive as I was.

As soon as we didn't draft him, I never mentioned him again. I never once made a single lament about not drafting him, or "we're gonna regret passing on him": never once. Yet you still harp on it.

Why?

One of the selections from the Thin Books Library: Clock Management in NFL Games - Everything I Know, by Mike Smith

File it right next to "Things Better Than Boobs".

I do not think they were unpreparred............ our guy simply sucked.

I mean we dropped a WIDE OPEN TD early in the game, Roddy continued his drops and fumbles, and then the half hearted TERRIBLE effort on the 2 pick 6's......No amount of coaching can fix that.

Such a let down. We handed Carolina the 1st BNB division crown, and the easiest playoff victory ever.

Yup.... the REALLY sad thing is that I think we could have gave the seahawks a run for their money........ our wrs are some of the very few that they physically can not dominate....... our offense matched up with their defense very very well.............. And we know we could hang with the Packers even in GB.

Lack of depth issue more than playing hard issue

By the way, by Smith's own admission, he was involved in personnel decisions as much as Dimitroff. So either way, either he is at fault for the personnel excuse or is at fault for being unable to develop his choices.

That's an excuse that goes nowhere.

Process was lost when we traded away our souls for a ******* wide receiver.

Probably as early as when the scared gameplan failed against the Giants or when the team embarrassed themselves against Green Bay which led to Blank stepping in and wanting more than the same old regular season glory.

I wonder how much stuttering idiocy there'll be in the book my posts. It's They're sure to be full of incoherent mumblings. I can't stand that guy myself and his my severe lack of any leadership qualities evidence of intelligence. The only reason he was any good is Matt Ryan I can post here is because my helper monkey types for me. He was I am a complete bafoon buffoon. I wouldn't be able to get through that book if I was paid to do it life without that talented little chimp.

falconsd56, JBender and Vandy like this

I wonder how much stuttering idiocy there'll be in the book my posts. It's They're sure to be full of incoherent mumblings. I can't stand that guy myself and his my severe lack of any leadership qualities evidence of intelligence. The only reason he was any good is Matt Ryan I can post here is because my helper monkey types for me. He was I am a complete bafoon buffoon. I wouldn't be able to get through that book if I was paid to do it life without that talented little chimp.

Joe wins.

Funniest stuff I have seen in a long time?

First thing I have seen we agree on in awhile!

In the great scheme of things who really cares?

I believe we have a potentially great new HC, a good new O and D coordinator and an infusion of excitement among the players.

I'm more excited about looking forward than I am continuing this seemingly endless autopsy on the past.

JDaveG, Jpowers and hjerry like this

In the great scheme of things who really cares?

I believe we have a potentially great new HC, a good new O and D coordinator and an infusion of excitement among the players.

I'm more excited about looking forward than I am continuing this seemingly endless autopsy on the past.

I've said my peace. I stated by stance on the issue, and walked away. I've added a little here and there, but, for the most part, I just don't get enjoyment from debating this. As I said in my longer post, Quinn is our coach now, and I spend my time defending, and being excited by current Falcons. Smith is gone. I'm happy for what he did for us, but...bye.

[insert Gritz funeral pick for Mike Smith here]

Lmao

How long will we keep this hatred going? Will we not put this pass us?

One of the selections from the Thin Books Library: Clock Management in NFL Games - Everything I Know, by Mike Smith

...with a Foreword from Fredi Gonzalez, author of "How to Mismanage a Pitching Staff Without Really Trying", and "162 Lineups in 162 Games".

Next to "Games I Outcoached My Opponent"

Dan Quinn has the it factor that Smith could only dream of.

You know this for a fact before the first game has been played?