Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Non Club Psl Brochure Link - Images

This link is to images of the 15 pages:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.443095839184213.1073741831.395293823964415&type=1

Interesting that pages #14 and #15 discuss charity effects in community, but this was not in club brochure.

All PSL updates: https://www.facebook.com/Atlantafalconspsl

AJC article on PSL progress, if you missed it in the other thread: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-plan-more-psl-prices-from-500-to-5500/nmSWH/

500$-5500$..... Where is all the people who said they were going to have to be spending 10 grand and blah blah blah

Likely patting themselves on the back for raising holy h*ll over the prices Artie originally intended to charge.

500$-5500$..... Where is all the people who said they were going to have to be spending 10 grand and blah blah blah

If you want a decent sideline seat in the lower or mezzanine section, you'll be paying 10 to 40 grand per seat. I'm sure long time season ticket holders don't wanna sit in the nosebleeds.

If you want a decent sideline seat in the lower or mezzanine section, you'll be paying 10 to 40 grand per seat. I'm sure long time season ticket holders don't wanna sit in the nosebleeds.

Plus, the people citing $10,000+ PSL's actually sat downstairs (my old seats, that I worked up to for years, will be $45,000. Each.) The prices they released here are exactly what I predicted months ago, based on prices in Minnesota, which is way too expensive for "non-club" seats. The real fun starts after the first 3 years, when there's no cap on the prices of season tickets themselves, which will already be double in 2017 what they are now. I wonder if the "see, it's not so bad" crowd bothered to do the math on that while they call those that have "whiners."

Plus, the people citing $10,000+ PSL's actually sat downstairs (my old seats, that I worked up to for years, will be $45,000. Each.) The prices they released here are exactly what I predicted months ago, based on prices in Minnesota, which is way too expensive for "non-club" seats. The real fun starts after the first 3 years, when there's no cap on the prices of season tickets themselves, which will already be double in 2017 what they are now. I wonder if the "see, it's not so bad" crowd bothered to do the math on that while they call those that have "whiners."

As a business minded person I'm all for charging what people will pay and my definition of what something is "worth" is whatever someone is willing to pay for a good or service. What I can't figure out is what research did they do that made them think charging that much money will work. Did they find thousands of people who have the discretionary income to provide for their families and still comfortably afford thousands of dollars a year for tickets to a sporting event?

I'm not a poor man but unless I was making the money the athletes were, I cannot justify in my head spending thousands and thousands of dollars to go to 8 meaningful games a year. Then if they make the playoffs, you have to shell out even more $$ to make it to one of those. Don't get me started on the seasons where we play in London as a "home" game.

For me the cost FAR exceeds the benefit and therefore I will probably never be season ticket holder. I'd be curious to know what is the absolute cheapest set of season tickets you can get after PSL's, ST prices, and taxes are all said and done.

I sit at the top level. 5th row, dead center. I love that spot. I get to see the formations and who ****s up. I hate being down low.

My wife agrees with me. And she is the reason I have season tickets. She bought them as a anniversary gift. And had been doing it every year. We tried the lower for a couple games, but it was not my cup of tea. I couldn't tell what was going on.

Yours will be 45,000$?

As a business minded person I'm all for charging what people will pay and my definition of what something is "worth" is whatever someone is willing to pay for a good or service. What I can't figure out is what research did they do that made them think charging that much money will work. Did they find thousands of people who have the discretionary income to provide for their families and still comfortably afford thousands of dollars a year for tickets to a sporting event?

The answer is they looked at what other teams were charging and set prices based on the building, not on the fan base here, which is very presumptuous on their part, considering this team's lack of real success compared to the Cowboys, Niners, Giants, etc., or lack of competition among sports teams in cities like Nashville and Charlotte (who agreed to PSL's from the start just to get NFL franchises in the first place). It reminds me of their rationale for Matt Ryan's contract, which was based more on what they perceived as the market price for "elite" QBs instead of his body of work up to that point.

In other words, they consider themselves a big boy franchise, so they're charging big boy prices. The problem is that they haven't earned that level of buy-in, literally and figuratively, from this fan base at this point. That's why Blank really needs the team to deliver, and soon, to generate enough buzz to get fans to act irrationally and buy PSL's. If the Birds underperform the next two years, it'll be interesting to see the make-up of the game-day crowd in 2018, once the new-stadium smell wears off, and the corporate crowd gets bored when it's not sexy to be there in person.

Yours will be 45,000$?

My former seats, which I cancelled right after the PSL program was announced. I sat downstairs, home side, on the 45. I had 2 seats (now priced at $100,000 thanks to PSL's and doubled season ticket prices), and was prepared to expand to 4 until the PSL details were leaked right before the season ticket renewal deadline.

I hope the insurance executive that's never played or watched football before enjoys my old seats. All of the fans I used to watch with in that area can't afford to sit there anymore.

The answer is they looked at what other teams were charging and set prices based on the building, not on the fan base here, which is very presumptuous on their part, considering this team's lack of real success compared to the Cowboys, Niners, Giants, etc., or lack of competition among sports teams in cities like Nashville and Charlotte (who agreed to PSL's from the start just to get NFL franchises in the first place). It reminds me of their rationale for Matt Ryan's contract, which was based more on what they perceived as the market price for "elite" QBs instead of his body of work up to that point.

In other words, they consider themselves a big boy franchise, so they're charging big boy prices. The problem is that they haven't earned that level of buy-in, literally and figuratively, from this fan base at this point. That's why Blank really needs the team to deliver, and soon, to generate enough buzz to get fans to act irrationally and buy PSL's. If the Birds underperform the next two years, it'll be interesting to see the make-up of the game-day crowd in 2018, once the new-stadium smell wears off, and the corporate crowd gets bored when it's not sexy to be there in person.

I disagree somewhat with your MR2 comparison.

The difference is that even if MR2 didn't "earn" his payday, the market price was set for a "franchise" QB. Much like I mentioned that what something is worth is what someone is willing to pay, if you didn't pay MR2 what you did and tried to pay him what he has "earned" then you end up getting outbid by a team like Cleveland or Minnesota who desperately would spend the money to get a QB like Matt.

Here there is no competition except for the people deciding to watch at home instead. If you make prices too high, people will just stay home and watch on TV (like me) I understand getting the max profit but what's more profitable, filling the seats and selling ALL the tickets at a lower price or have a half-empty stadium with people that overpaid?

Wow. The cap on the season tickets coming off in year three should be sobering to many. Season tickets already are not cheap (considering the historical suckage of our team).

In the end, to each his own.

I sit at the top level. 5th row, dead center. I love that spot. I get to see the formations and who ****s up. I hate being down low.

My wife agrees with me. And she is the reason I have season tickets. She bought them as a anniversary gift. And had been doing it every year. We tried the lower for a couple games, but it was not my cup of tea. I couldn't tell what was going on.

Agreed. i moved from sec 132 to sec 320 for two reasons:

1) i could double the # of tix i got for roughly the same price

2) being high up at mid-field gives me a much better viewing angle for all the action. In sec 132, i had a great view of one red zone but spent the rest of the time watching the screens more than the field due to not being able to see what was going on.

My PSL is going to be $500 per seat, starting to change my opinion. So, still not happy about it, but it's only $2000 for four seats, spread out over 10 years. I can walk away from $2k.

I disagree somewhat with your MR2 comparison.

The difference is that even if MR2 didn't "earn" his payday, the market price was set for a "franchise" QB. Much like I mentioned that what something is worth is what someone is willing to pay, if you didn't pay MR2 what you did and tried to pay him what he has "earned" then you end up getting outbid by a team like Cleveland or Minnesota who desperately would spend the money to get a QB like Matt.

Here there is no competition except for the people deciding to watch at home instead. If you make prices too high, people will just stay home and watch on TV (like me) I understand getting the max profit but what's more profitable, filling the seats and selling ALL the tickets at a lower price or have a half-empty stadium with people that overpaid?

Frankly, I think the Falcons look at PSL's the same way you described the bidding war for QB's above: they assume that any fans that don't pay the higher price will be essentially outbid by premium ticket buyers. The difference is, there's a captive market for overpriced NFL QB's, while there's no guarantee that anyone will pay for an overpriced PSL. In other words, there aren't enough rich, willing buyers for PSL's, while 31 other NFL teams is more than enough of a market for a QB to land elsewhere.

Frankly, I think the Falcons look at PSL's the same way you described the bidding war for QB's above: they assume that any fans that don't pay the higher price will be essentially outbid by premium ticket buyers. The difference is, there's a captive market for overpriced NFL QB's, while there's no guarantee that anyone will pay for an overpriced PSL. In other words, there aren't enough rich, willing buyers for PSL's, while 31 other NFL teams is more than enough of a market for a QB to land elsewhere.

Well said. Atlanta just doesn't seem like the place where you can fill up a stadium with STH who are willing to overpay.

My PSL is going to be $500 per seat, starting to change my opinion. So, still not happy about it, but it's only $2000 for four seats, spread out over 10 years. I can walk away from $2k.

Where are your seats? If you don't mind me asking.LOL

"Concurrent with sales of the remainder of club seats, PSL sales for the rest of the seats in the new facility (reserve seats) will begin on June 3." ---- from video article

That's interesting... My rep just reconfirmed my appointment for 6:30 pm tonight...

I guess he figures GWCC will have it approved by then...

"Concurrent with sales of the remainder of club seats, PSL sales for the rest of the seats in the new facility (reserve seats) will begin on June 3." ---- from video article

That's interesting... My rep just reconfirmed my appointment for 6:30 pm tonight...

I guess he figures GWCC will have it approved by then...

The AJC is reporting it has already been approved.

My former seats, which I cancelled right after the PSL program was announced. I sat downstairs, home side, on the 45. I had 2 seats (now priced at $100,000 thanks to PSL's and doubled season ticket prices), and was prepared to expand to 4 until the PSL details were leaked right before the season ticket renewal deadline.

I hope the insurance executive that's never played or watched football before enjoys my old seats. All of the fans I used to watch with in that area can't afford to sit there anymore.

If you had 45 yard line seats in the Dome and didn't want them, they were taken a millisecond after you released them. I would be surprised if you could have picked up 2 more in your section though. Those are highly sought after!

If you had 45 yard line seats in the Dome and didn't want them, they were taken a millisecond after you released them. I would be surprised if you could have picked up 2 more in your section though. Those are highly sought after!

You should re-read my post. My point was that I'd wanted to add two seats in that section, and there are always seats available because I had an early relocation time and people come and go from that section all the time due to cost and moving upstairs. The seats didn't have to be next to each other. As far as the seats being taken after I dropped them, I'm not sure why that would matter to me. How long it takes them to find a new buyer is irrelevant.