Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLFalcons11

Great Article - Nfl's Best Qb Situation

333 posts in this topic

Talking about how great the line was, when it clearly was mediocre at best, and somehow making Ryan the scapegoat for no Superbowls is just horrible posting. Inaccurate, inane, and asinine. I am certainly not afraid to criticize anyone or anything. But I draw the line at running down Matt Ryan and blaming him for a lack of a championship. It's simply a lie.

The line was mediocre at best.

The playcalling under Mularkey was predictable, conservative to a fault, and ineffective.

The coaching, the play-not-to-lose mentality, the lack of any imagination or innovation, was inexcusably bad.

The defense has always been bad when needed most. Even when the stats looked better than the reality of the play on the field. Important drives in big games were seldom stopped.

What little success we had was due in large part because of Matt Ryan, qnd we are amazingly lucky to have him. People like you, who fail to recognize and appreciate just how tough, how talented, how much of a foundational bedrock he really is are just incomprehensible.

Find a post where I claimed our OL was "great". So you've continued resorting to making stuff up I haven't said. I expect it from these younger ragtags, but not from a tired old coot like yourself who's been around the block enough to know better.

And it's quite the stretch to say I've "blamed" Ryan for anything. We had an excellent team during 2008-2012 run and he was a major part of that obviously, just as he was a major part of our early playoff failures against GB and NYG. We were one of the 5 best teams in football during that span, and we just didn't get it completely done. Alot of that goes to coaching, alot goes to personnel decisions, and some of that also goes to the players on the team. Especially 2012, no excuse losing that one at home field. They all share on that one.

So your little scam is you liking to brag about how you call it like you see it, but resort to lame attempts to ridicule others who do a better job at it. You want to see "just horrible posting. Inaccurate, inane, and asinine" comments, go back to that dramaqueen thread you started about the state of falcons at offensive guard. If it hasn't already been deleted.

+1000

You hit the nail on the head with the example, that is EXACTLY what he keeps doing.

What's even funnier is that his latest rebuttal to my accusation was to do exactly what I accused him of doing - yet again.

laugh.png

gazoo likes this

As far as being FOS, you claiming Ryan has had no weapons to work with is at the very top of the FOS listing.

Looks like we have reached the point where you just stop trying and start making up sh*t.

As an objective realist, I should have known better than to try and debate with an emotional fanboy. Why don't we just agree to disagree on this one? I'll continue to believe in what I believe. You continue to believe in...

uNiGozs.jpg

gazoo likes this

Looks like we have reached the point where you just stop trying and start making up sh*t.

As an objective realist, I should have known better to try and debate with a emotional fanboy. Why don't we just agree to disagree on this one? I'll continue to believe in what I believe. You continue to believe in...

uNiGozs.jpg

You're probably alot of things, but 'objective realist' isn't one of them. And i seriously doubt you agree to disagree with much of anything on this topic.

Funny thing is I'm probably just as big or bigger M Ryan fan as you are, Mr 'Objective Realist'.

Signed,

Emotional Fanboy

😜

You're probably alot of things, but 'objective realist' isn't one of them. And i seriously doubt you agree to disagree with much of anything on this topic.

Funny thing is I'm probably just as big or bigger M Ryan fan as you are, Mr 'Objective Realist'.

Signed,

Emotional Fanboy

tom-brady2-layers.jpg

gazoo likes this

Please excuse while I go on a bit of a rant. It is a fallacy that a QB can make everyone around him a better player. Does the WR's suddenly run 4 3's instead of 4 5's? Do running backs now at 250 lbs. run 4.4's? A team wins because of the team! good O and good D plus great coaching is what wins. Yes, a QB handles the ball on every offensive snap but he needs the rest of the team to win. Carry on.

falconsd56, gazoo and DirtyBird8711 like this

Please excuse while I go on a bit of a rant. It is a fallacy that a QB can make everyone around him a better player. Does the WR's suddenly run 4 3's instead of 4 5's? Do running backs now at 250 lbs. run 4.4's? A team wins because of the team! good O and good D plus great coaching is what wins. Yes, a QB handles the ball on every offensive snap but he needs the rest of the team to win. Carry on.

Wrong.

ESPN-hero-test11-manning.jpg

gazoo and Atlfanstckndenver like this

For the people who think Matt Ryan is not a future hall of famer, if he stays healthy for the next 7 to 8 seasons, he would be on pace to finish in the top 10 in every category for qbs all-time, and if you wanna say that he doesn't have enough playoff sucess,which is probably not all his fault, there are alot of quaterbacks in the hall of fame that didn't have too much postseason success. I think eventually Ryan will start to have some success in the playoffs as long as the o-line gives him time to throw the ball and the defense gets better because Ryan is more than capable of bringing a championship to this franchise

The defense was not terrible in '12. The only teams we had problems with were read option teams. We were top 5-10 in a few key categories that season. 3rd down was our only real problem with that defense. We were 10th pass D. 5th in points allowed. 5th int's. 6th in turnover ratio(+13). Yes we didn't have big sack numbers but we were top 10 in other key categories. In 2012 the defense won a few games the offense didn't play as well. Asante's pick 6 basically won the game against Oakland. Spoon knocking rg3 out against Washington helped us. The Seahawks were a read option team as well. Like I said before the only teams we had problems with that year defensively were read option teams.

The offensive turnovers hurt us in the niner game. 2 key turnovers in scoring position. THATS what lost the nfcCG. And we STILL had a chance to win.

We had what you would call an opportunistic defense. Similar to the saints defense that won the SB. They got a lot of turnovers. Not a lot of sacks but got a lot of pressure. We got a lot of pressure in 12.

+100 Defense won the Az game that year.

Agree with your defensive assessment...Saints comparison was spot on.

I don't see why some folks can't see both sides of the fence.

The only year Matt Ryan was SURROUNDED by talent was in 2012 and the team went to the NFCCG.

All those other years either Tony G wasn't there, Julio wasn't there or injured, the defense was piss poor to average, or the coaching was subpar.

2012 season was the only season when we seemed to have it all at once and although Turner was waning tremendously. He had 10 TDS and his injury in the 1st half of the NFCCG is what doomed us.

If anybody is holding it against Matt Ryan because of that one year we didn't make magic happen, then it's probably because of some sort of narrative or you're just so tired of not ever having a SB for the team that your logic has been thrown out the window.

If you disagree, then I would like to challenge you to explain what other years he had a great surrounding and why. I have no admitting error when it comes to this.

gazoo and falconidae like this

The only year Matt Ryan was SURROUNDED by talent was in 2012 and the team went to the NFCCG.

All those other years either Tony G wasn't there, Julio wasn't there or injured, the defense was piss poor to average, or the coaching was subpar.

2012 season was the only season when we seemed to have it all at once and although Turner was waning tremendously. He had 10 TDS and his injury in the 1st half of the NFCCG is what doomed us.

If anybody is holding it against Matt Ryan because of that one year we didn't make magic happen, then it's probably because of some sort of narrative or you're just so tired of not ever having a SB for the team that your logic has been thrown out the window.

If you disagree, then I would like to challenge you to explain what other years he had a great surrounding and why. I have no admitting error when it comes to this.

2010...losing Brian Williams hurt defensively.

MR had 2 1st round wr and TG/MT.

He had plenty of talent in 2008, but he was a rookie.

Falcons had plenty of talent on both sides of ball 2008-2012 before injury bug caught up with them as team got old and paid price for poor drafting during the good years. Anyone who argues otherwise has their own agenda they're peddling
Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

Its so funny that through all this smoke, no one has denied or rebutted that FACT that over the course of the seasons of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan......it is ONLY Matt Ryan that we've all seen hurried, bludgeoned, beaten and harassed a fraction of a second after snaps almost year in and year out with below average running games most years, where Brady, Manning and Brees for most of their careers have been able to drop back into comfortable, clean pockets, set their feet and deliver the ball year in and year out with consistently good the great RBs breaking off long runs for them.

There have been exceptions in years where Ryan had decent pass protection or a good running game, I do recall a season Brady and Manning had some OlIne problems , but ON WHOLE, this trend is indisputable, we've all witnessed this with our own eyes.

Brady and Manning have enjoyed the same or better level of overall support most seasons, that Matt Ryan has had only one of his seasons in 2012. Just think if Ryan had that 2012 level of support each of his seasons like the others, he'd also have anSuper Bowl Ring or two by now.

Its so funny that through all this smoke, no one has denied or rebutted that FACT that over the course of the seasons of Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan......it is ONLY Matt Ryan that we've all seen hurried, bludgeoned, beaten and harassed a fraction of a second after snaps almost year in and year out with below average running games most years, where Brady, Manning and Brees for most of their careers have been able to drop back into comfortable, clean pockets, set their feet and deliver the ball year in and year out with consistently good the great RBs breaking off long runs for them.

There have been exceptions in years where Ryan had decent pass protection or a good running game, I do recall a season Brady and Manning had some OlIne problems , but ON WHOLE, this trend is indisputable, we've all witnessed this with our own eyes.

Through all the smoke...MR has had plenty of good opportunities.

Falcons had plenty of talent on both sides of ball 2008-2012 before injury bug caught up with them as team got old and paid price for poor drafting during the good years. Anyone who argues otherwise has their own agenda they're peddling

What players consisted of plenty of talent? That was the whole challenge.

This goes for you and midnite and I don't have an agenda to peddle. So that was inductive reasoning you used there. Lol

Remember this is all about a SB. The talent has to be strong enough to bring forth the consideration of a SB.

This includes coaching as well.

gazoo likes this

Also I hope we have come to some sort of agreement that you have to be surrounded by talent to win a SB.

So the narrative of making others better is more of a media pushed idea.

gazoo likes this

What players consisted of plenty of talent? That was the whole challenge.

This goes for you and midnite

. We have to look at coaching as well. The Falcoholic penned an awesome article yesterday that eviscerates this idea that Ryan has had as good of an organizational structure as say, Tom Brady has had his entire career.

Coaching, game planning, player utilization, play calling, scheming for teams playoffs, these are a very, very, very big deal that is ignored by some of these guys proclaiming Ryan has had same level of support as Brady and Manning by simply saying Ryan has had talent and throwing out a few names. Gonzo did not play hall of fame level his last few years here, he was very limited to a short passing game his last few seasons here, so proclaiming Ryan had a "hall of fame TE" ignores that salient fact. Turner was good for a couple of seasons, but no better a running back than Manning and Brady have had most every year.

Think about this, Ryan takes his team on his back all the way to the 2012 NFCCG and the last play call was diagnosed by San Francisco, they'd seen the lineup before and KNEW Roddy was going to get the ball where he did. All they had to do was bump Roddy hard before the ball got there and caused an incompletion which they did to perfection. That NEVER would have happend had Bellichik been calling the plays.

Through all the smoke...MR has had plenty of good opportunities.

I don't know about plenty, but you don't get much better ones than 2010 and 2012 with homefield throughout playoffs

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this