Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLFalcons11

Great Article - Nfl's Best Qb Situation

333 posts in this topic

One thing I hope disappears this year is the "Ryan can't throw the deep ball" nonsense. It'll disappear when Ryan has an Oline that consistently gives him time to throw the deep ball and a pocket to throw it from.

Ryan is consistently in the top ten, year after year with 40 yard+ passes. With the train wreck that was last year, he only missed top 10 by 1 throw.

Also has a career 90+ QB rating on passes that go 40+ yards in the air from LOS.

Those two things are impossible without a really good arm.

Im not saying his deep ball is terrible but it's the one part of his game he can defiently get better at. He gets so much air under it because he lacks arm strength. If you want to see a deep ball go look and Luck, Rodgers, Stafford, Flacco, Wilson, Romo. See how much air they put under it and see how far it goes and compare it to Ryan.

Yeah, the defense didn't lose anyone at all. Is Brady better than Matt Cassel? Of course. But the talent surrounding Brady, and the coaching Brady benefited from, were vastly superior to Manning's surrounding cast.

Manning truly elevated his team almost single-handedly from a cellar dwellar to a perennial contender. Brady elevated a playoff contender to a (perennial super bowl) team.

Thought I'd fix that one for Ya .

Thought I'd fix that one for Ya .

They went 9 years without winning, so if you're going to "fix" something, it would help to be accurate.

They went 9 years without winning, so if you're going to "fix" something, it would help to be accurate.

you're the one who struggles in that department. 6 Super Bowls in 13 seasons is plenty accurate.

I would personally like to see his trajectory lower.

That only happens where you can wait longer in the pocket and throw later, so you can have a flatter trajectory.

falconidae likes this

Im not saying his deep ball is terrible but it's the one part of his game he can defiently get better at. He gets so much air under it because he lacks arm strength. If you want to see a deep ball go look and Luck, Rodgers, Stafford, Flacco, Wilson, Romo. See how much air they put under it and see how far it goes and compare it to Ryan.

You're contradicting yourself. both with the previous post and this one. The previous one certainly implied that Ryan was horrible at the deep ball. This one you're saying he's not horrible at the deep ball but lacks arm strength,

You also didn't address the facts in my previous post.

You're mistaking lack of time in the pocket and/or lack of a pocket with lack of a deep ball. Which was my point.

You're contradicting yourself. both with the previous post and this one. The previous one certainly implied that Ryan was horrible at the deep ball. This one you're saying he's not horrible at the deep ball but lacks arm strength,

You also didn't address the facts in my previous post.

You're mistaking lack of time in the pocket and/or lack of a pocket with lack of a deep ball. Which was my point.

Yup, what happens when the qb has to get rid of the ball before the play has developed? He has to float it.

That only happens where you can wait longer in the pocket and throw later, so you can have a flatter trajectory.

Huge fan of Matt Ryan but I've seen him throw it the same on those few times he has time in the pocket.

Don't have a problem with his deep ball. We can win with how he throws it. Just think it could be a bit better.

That was freaking hilarious.

It 's a perfect visual of how some here act as if Manning, Brady and Rodgers are superheroes doing everything all by themselves with their superpowers and things like coaching, defense, overall support structure are irrelevant becuase Brady and Manning can do magical things like make Kroy Beirmann play like JJ Watt, Levine Toilolo play like Rob Gronkowsli, Jacquizz Rodgers run like Eddie Lacy, Paul, Worrilow play like Clay Mathews, Joplo Bartu play like Von Miller and of course, have Mike Smith game plan in a playoff games just like Bill Bellichick.

Only superheroes like QBs like Rodgers, Brady and Manning can waive their magic wands and lift players around them up and make Lamar Holmes suddenly plays as good as Matt Light or Ryan Clady becuase they "won't accept" anything less out of Lamar Holmes.... That's how good these superhero QBs are.

It 's a perfect visual of how some here act as if Manning, Brady and Rodgers are superheroes doing everything all by themselves with their superpowers and things like coaching, defense, overall support structure are irrelevant becuase Brady and Manning can do magical things like make Kroy Beirmann play like JJ Watt, Levine Toilolo play like Rob Gronkowsli, Jacquizz Rodgers run like Eddie Lacy, Joplo Bartu play like Von Miller and of course, have Mike Smith game plan in a playoff games just like Bill Bellichick.

Yup, because all QBs are exactly the same. Put Hoyer or G Smith in NE or Denver, and they would lead their team to multiple SB in a HOF career. Put Manning or Brady in Cleveland or Jets, and they would fail miserably.

Matt Ryan's an excellent QB, there's nothing shameful about being a notch below manning/BradyRodgers in their prime (so far). Homers just can't get past that fact...

The cartoon was cute though....