Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLFalcons11

Great Article - Nfl's Best Qb Situation

339 posts in this topic

But if he's talking football, he's not doing those other things: the things he should be banned for.

I could be mistaken but I want to say just the fact that he is even posting here under another account while being banned is a COC violation.

The sheer volume of Swift's COC violations coupled with his inevitable meltdowns on literally every account he's had should be more than cause for the perma-ban.

The sheer volume of Swift's COC violations coupled with his inevitable meltdowns on literally every account he's had should be more than cause for the perma-ban.

I agree, but we are now (myself included) talking about the poster rather than football or football related posts. I'm with Mono: until he goes off the rails, let it ride.

People getting mad at an article that says Ryan is not on Brady/Manning level is like people getting mad at an article that says the sky is blue.

People getting mad at an article that says Ryan is not on Brady/Manning level is like people getting mad at an article that says the sky is blue.

I would take Matt Ryan over either Brady or Manning at this point. "Body of work" means crap. This year, this season, I think Matt Ryan will be as good as any QB in the league. Maybe Luck, Rodgers, or Rapelisburger would be a slight notch above, but if so, it won't be by much.

So yeah, Ryan is at least as good if not better than both Brady and Manning at this point.

I would take Matt Ryan over either Brady or Manning at this point. "Body of work" means crap. This year, this season, I think Matt Ryan will be as good as any QB in the league. Maybe Luck, Rodgers, or Rapelisburger would be a slight notch above, but if so, it won't be by much.

So yeah, Ryan is at least as good if not better than both Brady and Manning at this point.

That's why on the list he is number 4 behind the obvious ones ahead of him. I'm just saying in general, Brady/Manning is on a whole another level throughout their career.

That's why on the list he is number 4 behind the obvious ones ahead of him. I'm just saying in general, Brady/Manning is on a whole another level throughout their career.

Manning, in the regular season? I'll give you that. But Brady's dominance I believe comes with a caveat: Bill Belichick.

When Manning missed a whole season, his team went from a perrenial Superbowl contender to a 2-14 disaster. When Brady missed a season, his team went 11-5 and missed the playoffs by a tie-break.

Without Ryan, I'm not sure we could win a game.

Rodgers is better than Ryan and it isn't close. Luck is above him as well. Manning looked terrible at the end but we don't know how much if that was because of his thigh injury. QBs I have over Ryan are Rodgers, Luck, Brady. He's on the same tier as guys like Romo, Wilson, Brees, Manning, Roethlisberger. One thing that holds Ryan back is his deep ball. Alot of times he doesn't have the arm strength to lay it out in front of Julio when throwing deep. We miss so many TD opportunities because of it. Julio's constantly having to slow down and adjust.

Yep likes this

Rodgers is better than Ryan and it isn't close. Luck is above him as well. Manning looked terrible at the end but we don't know how much if that was because of his thigh injury. QBs I have over Ryan are Rodgers, Luck, Brady. He's on the same tier as guys like Romo, Wilson, Brees, Manning, Roethlisberger. One thing that holds Ryan back is his deep ball. Alot of times he doesn't have the arm strength to lay it out in front of Julio when throwing deep. We miss so many TD opportunities because of it. Julio's constantly having to slow down and adjust.

I disagree with Brady being better than Matt right now. Like I said, I question how much of Brady's success is Brady, because the team didn't miss a beat under Matt Frikking Cassel.

I also disagree with Tony "Choke" Romo, Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, and either of the Mannings being as vood as Matt right now.

There is nothing wrong with Matt's deep ball. It is not the strongest element of his game, but it's not a weakness, either.

Manning, in the regular season? I'll give you that. But Brady's dominance I believe comes with a caveat: Bill Belichick.

When Manning missed a whole season, his team went from a perrenial Superbowl contender to a 2-14 disaster. When Brady missed a season, his team went 11-5 and missed the playoffs by a tie-break.

Without Ryan, I'm not sure we could win a game.

And with Ryan, we went 4-12, so what's your point?

I agree Ryan should be ahead of Brady/Manning in QB situation if you are talking about next 5 years. But Ryan is not even close to their level when comparing top QB play.

Vandy likes this

I disagree with Brady being better than Matt right now. Like I said, I question how much of Brady's success is Brady, because the team didn't miss a beat under Matt Frikking Cassel.

I also disagree with Tony "Choke" Romo, Russel Wilson, Drew Brees, and either of the Mannings being as vood as Matt right now.

There is nothing wrong with Matt's deep ball. It is not the strongest element of his game, but it's not a weakness, either.

They did miss a beat. They went 16-0 to 11-5. That's a 5 game drop off. They also went from 2 playoff wins to 0 playoff wins.

In all, that's a 7 game drop off from when Brady was there to when he was gone. 7 games is a BIG drop off. That's like going from 9-7 to 2-14.

Vandy likes this

They did miss a beat. They went 16-0 to 11-5. That's a 5 game drop off. They also went from 2 playoff wins to 0 playoff wins.

In all, that's a 7 game drop off from when Brady was there to when he was gone. 7 games is a BIG drop off. That's like going from 9-7 to 2-14.

So you belie e that the Patriots would have gone 16-0 again with Brady? Laughable.

I plan on talking to Jay tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

I will still post here daily, just don't think I have the time to moderate full time with a new job opportunity lined up. I also am preparing for a 2 year church mission in the near future. Something I've had on my mind for quite some time.

You sign a contract to moderate full time or something? Just moderate when you can. No need to step down and have this board lose a great mod.

Swift has already had a thousand chances over the last decade and blown every single one of them. 100% failure rate.

So if it make sense to you to "give him another chance" when he's already abundantly proved he will blow at some point in the near future., 100% guaranteed it will happen, maybe you would be a good fit to be our next Secretary of State.

Dude MR was one of the best in the league or there about with deeps balls of 20+ yds.....wtf

4. Falcons, Matt Ryan

Matt Ryan has never elevated talent in the manner of a Manning or Brady. But if you give him talent, he knows what to do with it. It’s shocking how rare of a quality this can be in today’s NFL. You could argue that Ryan is overrated since his mere presence alone does not guarantee competitive football. Ryan has overseen four- and six-win campaigns the past two seasons. By contrast, neither Manning nor Brady-led teams have won fewer than 10 games since 2002. But that does not mean Ryan is overrated, or that his numbers are empty. So Ryan rarely wins games by himself, so what. He does his job better than the vast majority of his peers, and never gets hurt. By the time the Falcons have to worry about their quarterback situation, Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush will be running for re-election. Ryan isn’t transcendent, but at least 80 percent of the league’s teams would be better off with him at quarterback.

If Hillary Clinton is running for re-election , you can forget football, we'll all be running for our lifes... And that is no joke.

Although I agree with your QB ranking, I disagree with you about arm strength. MR throws a beautiful deep ball.

If Hillary Clinton is running for re-election , you can forget football, we'll all be running for our lifes... And that is no joke.

No we won't. This will never happen no matter who is president. Ever.

falconidae likes this

.. One thing that holds Ryan back is his deep ball. Alot of times he doesn't have the arm strength to lay it out in front of Julio when throwing deep. We miss so many TD opportunities because of it. Julio's constantly having to slow down and adjust.

One thing I hope disappears this year is the "Ryan can't throw the deep ball" nonsense. It'll disappear when Ryan has an Oline that consistently gives him time to throw the deep ball and a pocket to throw it from.

Ryan is consistently in the top ten, year after year with 40 yard+ passes. With the train wreck that was last year, he only missed top 10 by 1 throw.

Also has a career 90+ QB rating on passes that go 40+ yards in the air from LOS.

Those two things are impossible without a really good arm.

He can throw the deep ball pass but he can also be better.

I would personally like to see his trajectory lower. There are times where he places too much air on it. That air is generally to make up for lack of arm strength. This doesn't mean he doesn't have any arm strength or enough arm strength.

When I say this, it doesn't mean he sucks at throwing deep ball passes. He's good at it. He can be better.

So you belie e that the Patriots would have gone 16-0 again with Brady? Laughable.

Brady to Moss was best tandem in history of NFL, and they still had Welker.

It's hard to go 16-0 again but 14-2/15-1 easy with that team.

We should all stop arguing whose better between all these quarterbacks. Be happy and appreciate that we have a future hall of famer as our quarterback who, in my opinion, will lead the Falcons to a superbowl win, eventually.

Running from what, exactly? All the candidates for the past several elections have been pretty interchangable. Aside from campaign rhetoric, when you look at what they actually do, they're all pretty much the same.

Brady to Moss was best tandem in history of NFL, and they still had Welker.

It's hard to go 16-0 again but 14-2/15-1 easy with that team.

Yeah, the defense didn't lose anyone at all. Is Brady better than Matt Cassel? Of course. But the talent surrounding Brady, and the coaching Brady benefited from, were vastly superior to Manning's surrounding cast.

Manning truly elevated his team almost single-handedly from a cellar dwellar to a perennial contender. Brady elevated a playoff contender to a playoff team.