Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLFalcons11

Great Article - Nfl's Best Qb Situation

333 posts in this topic

So on those two crucial interceptions, you blame the coaching and D, but you give the guy who actually threw them a pass?

When you decide to come back to planet earth we'll continue.

So unless Ryan is perfect, they lose?

His WR fell down after he threw the ball on the first one. Not sure why that would be his fault.

And, tell me, you remember the pick 6 play, did you not know what was coming? Of course you did, so did everybody else. So, yeah, Ryan made a bad decision there, but his coach didn't help him out either. Which was my point.

Never said Ryan was without flaw, just that he gets too much of the blame for the playoff losses.

As I pointed out, Ryan has never had a team that wins a defensive battle in the playoffs.

Thats a bet you might lose this time. As im staying within the COC

You break COC by logging on. And, judging by your past performances, you'll be typing incoherent slurs from a spittle covered keyboard before long.

Only one person hating on Ryan in this thread, and there's a good bet he doesn't stick around long.

I think there are extenuating circumstances for the playoff record, some don't.

I also think that, if the Oline stays healthy this year, Ryan will shut most of his critics up.

How about we all just ignore this guy thats hatin on Ryan because he obviously doesn't know anything about football

Based off what I might ask? Last year both Peyton and Brees were better. Me personally even at both of those Qb ages I would still take them over Ryan at this min. Peyton put up 39 tds last season in Ryan prime he has never come close to that amount of tds

You could see both their play begin it's inevitable down cycle , while Ryan under more trying circumstances continued his up cycle. I would put him Top 5 behind Rodgers, Brady, Ben and Luck.

I hated it for the team, but I firmly believe last two seasons were good for Ryan. Toughened him up mentally as well as physically, and hopefully pissed him off to the point he develops a refuse to lose mentality in his prime years as a QB....which IMO he was missing before.

As long as Swift is good and talks football, I honestly think he should stay. You can't be banned for having an unpopular opinion.

Ultimately, this will be the other moderators' decision when I step down this week, but I will strongly vouch for him assuming he sticks to the rules. I think that's fair.

When you step down?Did I miss something?

So unless Ryan is perfect, they lose?

His WR fell down after he threw the ball on the first one. Not sure why that would be his fault.

And, tell me, you remember the pick 6 play, did you not know what was coming? Of course you did, so did everybody else. So, yeah, Ryan made a bad decision there, but his coach didn't help him out either. Which was my point.

Never said Ryan was without flaw, just that he gets too much of the blame for the playoff losses.

As I pointed out, Ryan has never had a team that wins a defensive battle in the playoffs.

If you are going to go to super bowl on a flawed team, yes, your highest paid superstar better be close to perfect, ala Flacco in baltimore's run. And no, Flaccio is not a better QB than Ryan, he just got hot at the right time.

You don't think on most critical plays in games the D doesn't have a good idea what's coming? It's up to the QB to use his judgement, throw ball away or zip it in there, you either make the play or you don't. But what you can't do is throw a pick 6, it was the turning point in that playoff loss.

I agree he gets too much blame for playoff losses, but you can't have it both ways either, as he conversely gets too much credit for our regular season successes in 2008-2012 on a team that had plenty of talent. The refrain that he's never had weapons here is silly.

As long as Swift is good and talks football, I honestly think he should stay. You can't be banned for having an unpopular opinion.

Ultimately, this will be the other moderators' decision when I step down this week, but I will strongly vouch for him assuming he sticks to the rules. I think that's fair.

No, I did not just read that. No, I must have misunderstood, yeah...that's it, I just misinterpreted :)

My goodness, since he's been banned legions of good posters have commented on how much better this place is to visit each day. You can't start a thread without him hijacking it with insincere flamebait that everyone reacts to. It's the insincerity that is the problem, many of his comments are designed specifically to stir the pot. Most of us come here for sincere, honest debate which is why so many couldn't stand him. His motive is not to talk football, it's to inflame and get attention.

TeamPlayer1 likes this

I don't think Davis Jr should be banned, I just think we should ignore him

in theory that sounds great, however, in practice it does not work. We've been dealing with this for over a decade, trust me.

You're shittin' me mono, for two reasons.

One....stepping down? I hadn't heard. The boards have been great recently, sorry to hear that.

Two....swift is a tool that can't control himself. He's the resident Rain Man of Matt Ryan hate. This board is 100x better with him on the sidelines. He turns any thread into a Ryan thread and brings nothing of value to the board. Seriously, that would be a slap in the face to all the members who make this board as great as it is. It's not his differing opinion, it's his ********* attention whore attitude. His only agenda is to come here and stir the pot. Letting him back would be ridiculous, especially after all the times he outright attacked mods, laughed at mods, and has gone completely over the line and made fun of people's wives and mothers. Get a grip Mono.....how quickly we forget.

Falcon@Denmark and gazoo like this

Going to miss you as a mod, you staying on as a poster I assume? Have they got somebody to take your place?

And, I agree with you, if Swift would just talk football, he should stay.

Monoxide,

Thank you for your work to monitor the boards and send the posters with the only desire is to start trouble and encourage angry responses to the netherlands. Most posters welcome different views but not personal attacks. Falcons fans are a varied bunch with many opinions and all such posters should be welcome.

Thanks again, mono!

TP

Going to miss you as a mod, you staying on as a poster I assume? Have they got somebody to take your place?

And, I agree with you, if Swift would just talk football, he should stay.

At this point I'm thinking it should have been purple.Let's think about this for a second.Mono said he would vouch for swift....MONO SAID HE WOULD VOUCH FOR SWIFT....It had to be sarcasm because destroying Swift in debates and banning his 900 million alts was and is Mono's favorite pastime.

One....stepping down? I hadn't heard. The boards have been great recently, sorry to hear that.

Two....swift is a tool that can't control himself. He's the resident Rain Man of Matt Ryan hate. This board is 100x better with him on the sidelines. He turns any thread into a Ryan thread and brings nothing of value to the board. Seriously, that would be a slap in the face to all the members who make this board as great as it is. It's not his differing opinion, it's his ********* attention whore attitude. His only agenda is to come here and stir the pot. Letting him back would be ridiculous, especially after all the times he outright attacked mods, laughed at mods, and has gone completely over the line and made fun of people's wives and mothers. Get a grip Mono.....how quickly we forget.

Wow, didn't know this swift guy was makin fun of people's families for a decade. Then he really should be banned.

Who is the new mod going to be? smile.png

I plan on talking to Jay tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

I will still post here daily, just don't think I have the time to moderate full time with a new job opportunity lined up. I also am preparing for a 2 year church mission in the near future. Something I've had on my mind for quite some time.

Jay huh?

I plan on talking to Jay tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

I will still post here daily, just don't think I have the time to moderate full time with a new job opportunity lined up. I also am preparing for a 2 year church mission in the near future. Something I've had on my mind for quite some time.

Well, you've done a great job (shout out at T2 as well) and I hate to see you step down for selfish, self centered and self absorbed reasons (shout out at swiftkick) but glad to hear you will still be posting!

If you get the mission trip let me know where you are headed. I'll tell you, it's life changing to help the poor on a large scale. I've seen so much starvation level poverty in Asia, Africa and India it's heartbreaking, but at the same time when you help them it does something to your heart that is unexplainable and you come back to the states brimming with gratitude about your own life. I was in India a month ago and saw poverty at a scale I'd never seen before.

Hating on Ryan and TD is just Swift's schtick. Willing to bet that, if you sat next to him at a game, you'd have no idea he "hated" Ryan.

If he'd give up the Ryan schtick, I'd be fine with him here. When he talks football, he does know what he's talking about.

Doesn't even have to give up hating Ryan, just the way he goes about it.

And, he's perfectly capable of doing that, couple of offseasons ago, he did exactly that- gave up his excesses for awhile and just talked football- he was here for months, then reverted back to Aholeness and got banned.

Wow, didn't know this swift guy was makin fun of people's families for a decade. Then he really should be banned.

But if he's talking football, he's not doing those other things: the things he should be banned for.

But if he's talking football, he's not doing those other things: the things he should be banned for.

I could be mistaken but I want to say just the fact that he is even posting here under another account while being banned is a COC violation.

The sheer volume of Swift's COC violations coupled with his inevitable meltdowns on literally every account he's had should be more than cause for the perma-ban.

The sheer volume of Swift's COC violations coupled with his inevitable meltdowns on literally every account he's had should be more than cause for the perma-ban.

I agree, but we are now (myself included) talking about the poster rather than football or football related posts. I'm with Mono: until he goes off the rails, let it ride.