Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLFalcons11

Great Article - Nfl's Best Qb Situation

339 posts in this topic

he's going blue-dog on you because he CANT answer your question without exposing the weakness of his argument.

Problem is....Nobody has exposed any weakness in my argument.....especially you.

One point. Matt Ryan is the best QB the Falcons have ever had. The NFL is a team sport and Matt Ryan has never been the weak link on this team. No matter what anyone says or what agenda they have.

gazoo and DirtyBird8711 like this

Not true. Seattle won that game because, unlike Ryan, Wilson can do this...

russel-wilson2-layers.jpg

#elite #swag #thisissportscenter

Excellent mode of communication to effectively get through to Vandy.

Thank you, young citizen. And remember... Don't do drugs, stay in school and always start your day with a nutritious breakfast.

ESPN-hero-test7-manning.jpg

gazoo likes this

It does make me smile, although I'm not in RW fan club either.

😜

gazoo likes this

You can say the same for Mike Smith being handicapped by his QB play in playoffs or the defensive talent to work with . Mike Smith never had a QB like Flacco go on a run where he doesnt commit a turnover and put his defense or team in a bad situation like the countless times Matt Ryan has in every single playoff game but just 1 and that 1 game the game where Matt Ryan didnt have a turnover he put up zero points on the board.Mike Smith also never had the defensive talent that a Bellichick or Harbaugh or Carroll ever had. Again where is the Ray Lewis, Ed Reed or Ngata that Harbaugh had.

Every team has flaws and handicaps entering playoffs but you shouod expect your leader and highest paid player not to be part of the problem as Ryan has been in 4 out of 5 playoff games and you expect your leader to pick up the team and not make a costly fumble snap when you need a drive to put points on the board . Ryan had every chance to pick his defense up in NFC champ game vs 49ers and failed to do so.

In the begining of the Ryan era it was " All Matt Ryan does is win" no one cared that his stats were average but now Falcons have been losing past two seasons people look at Matt Ryan stats and say he is not a issue. Matt Ryan is clearly a issue with the Falcons and the way they have been built and were built. Falcons have spent numerous draft picks on weapons for Ryan to keep babying along the passing offense instead of staying on its natural course which Mike Smith installed a ground game and smart defensive team. Not until we started to lose players on the defense and try to get cute with the defense schemeMike Smith lost his way

Mike Smith was a good football coach and could have been a Super Bowl winning one if his QB didnt make some key mistakes or his QB pick up his defense, that does not mean Mike Smith doesnt deserve fault. He does he made some mistakes but there is no differencing in coaching style between him and Harbaugh who has a SB outside Harbaugh QB going on a run and Mike Smith Qb making mistakes at key points and some flukey bounces that didnt go our way and went Balt

The Falcons offensive line was a solid unit from 08-11' . From run attack to pass protection they were good enough. They protected Ryan and opened up holes for Turner. Case closed. The defense was good enough to win as well in 2012 . What people forget was outside read option QB , Matt Ryan two turnovers vs Sea allowed them to climb back in game instead of being a route Mike Smith got over aggresive and almost cost him a game in Sea. No concicidence the only time Falcons have had playoff success was when we were able to run thr ball like we did vs Sea.

You're MY hero, Swift.

aaron-rodgers1-layers.jpg

When posting this stat you should also post the amount of Pass Attempts each player had to get a better idea of how many drop backs. It would bring more creditbilty to the post

Like 2010 Ryan had 571 pass atts vs Brady 492

As was already stated, Brady had 67 more pass attempts than Ryan in 2011 and 2012, while getting hit 29 times less.

Andrew Luck has dealt with the same core issues Matt Ryan has been dealing with past two seasons. Defense that is avg run of thr mill, 19th in points allowed. A pretty bad oline in Indy along with a poor run attack, think Colts were 18th last season thanks to Luck rushing yards yet Luck is not only helping team to playoffs, he is also helping team win playoff games while also leading the league in TD passes and only been in league how many years? You have to wonder then why are we paying the big bucks to Matt Ryan if he needs a

1) top offensive line

2) weapons Turner Roddy, Julio, Tony G and now Freeman, Smith, Coleman

3) our defense needs to be elite for Ryan to win a SB

4) we need a elite HC

5) needs to play inside a dome

Am I missing anything else? If thats the case Matt Ryan isnt the only QB that can win under those cirumstances. Put TJ Yates under them and we will win to

andrew-luck2-layers.jpg

#needmoresugar #draftjohnnyfootball #santaclauseisreal

Andrew Luck has dealt with the same core issues Matt Ryan has been dealing with past two seasons. Defense that is avg run of thr mill, 19th in points allowed. A pretty bad oline in Indy along with a poor run attack, think Colts were 18th last season thanks to Luck rushing yards yet Luck is not only helping team to playoffs, he is also helping team win playoff games while also leading the league in TD passes and only been in league how many years? You have to wonder then why are we paying the big bucks to Matt Ryan if he needs a

1) top offensive line

2) weapons Turner Roddy, Julio, Tony G and now Freeman, Smith, Coleman

3) our defense needs to be elite for Ryan to win a SB

4) we need a elite HC

5) needs to play inside a dome

Am I missing anything else? If thats the case Matt Ryan isnt the only QB that can win under those cirumstances. Put TJ Yates under them and we will win to

As you over gush over Andrew Luck, take a look at his career postseason numbers

I know what Luck post seasons stats are. They arent pretty at all but he has done the things to help his team to post season success under dire situations where Falcons have been awful past two seasons. You should expect better post season stats from Luck this season as team around him as improved and they added a weapon or two on offense.[/

The reason why Luck can over a bad offensive line is because he's very mobile but i don't see them winning a superbowl with their defense

Ryan was amazing in the 2012 play-offs, has been one of the most consistently excellent QBs in the regular season since 2010, consistently throws about ~30 TDs every year, throws very few INTs, and has an awesome PFF grade.

Ryan >>>> LOLOLOL

Its just one tool in evaluation on player. Like take for instance Jake Matthews graded out as one of worst T in game from my eyes and watching other games I dont believe Matthews was one of the worst but you take that grade into consideration when forming a opinion on a player.

For Ryan his playoff failures , his inconsistency in regular season , his raw data stats TD passes , ints etc all the bad outwieghs his positive PFF grade.

So he has more negatives than positives. Lol ok.

Its just one tool in evaluation on player. Like take for instance Jake Matthews graded out as one of worst T in game from my eyes and watching other games I dont believe Matthews was one of the worst but you take that grade into consideration when forming a opinion on a player.

For Ryan his playoff failures , his inconsistency in regular season , his raw data stats TD passes , ints etc all the bad outwieghs his positive PFF grade.[/quote

You talk about Ryan like he's a bottom half quaterback. You do realize he's a top 10 qb

Decent and opportunistic is very much enough in playoffs. History is littered with examples of that.

Not when Oline D & HC all fit in that category. History is littered with even more examples of that.

Let's take a sequence from the 2010 debacle. Falcons D hasn't stopped the pack all game long, and never does. Even though it's 14-14 at the moment, MM, Smith and Ryan all know that they can't lose serve, so to speak.

So, it's 1st and 10 on the Pack 15, next 3 plays are, a 1 yard run, a penalty, a sack. It's now 3rd and 21 from the 26. Ryan drops back to pass, after he throws the ball, his intended receiver falls down, it's intercepted.

Not sure Ryan deserves much blame for that sequence. Much of the game was that way.

And the pick 6 before halftime? Horrible call by MM, everybody knew what was coming. True, Ryan should have just thrown it away, but he knew the Falcons needed the points.

Good arm, excellent pocket mobility/awareness, was great in 2012 play-offs, consistently excellent in regular season, has the average salary for a top-tier franchise QB.

I don't get why people are hatin on Ryan. If he stays health for the next 7 to 8 seasons, he will be on pace to finish in the top 10 in every category for qbs in the history of the nfl

Not when Oline D & HC all fit in that category. History is littered with even more examples of that.

Let's take a sequence from the 2010 debacle. Falcons D hasn't stopped the pack all game long, and never does. Even though it's 14-14 at the moment, MM, Smith and Ryan all know that they can't lose serve, so to speak.

So, it's 1st and 10 on the Pack 15, next 3 plays are, a 1 yard run, a penalty, a sack. It's now 3rd and 21 from the 26. Ryan drops back to pass, after he throws the ball, his intended receiver falls down, it's intercepted.

Not sure Ryan deserves much blame for that sequence. Much of the game was that way.

And the pick 6 before halftime? Horrible call by MM, everybody knew what was coming. True, Ryan should have just thrown it away, but he knew the Falcons needed the points.

So on those two crucial interceptions, you blame the coaching and D, but you give the guy who actually threw them a pass?

When you decide to come back to planet earth we'll continue.

I don't get why people are hatin on Ryan. If he stays health for the next 7 to 8 seasons, he will be on pace to finish in the top 10 in every category for qbs in the history of the nfl

Only one person hating on Ryan in this thread, and there's a good bet he doesn't stick around long.

I think there are extenuating circumstances for the playoff record, some don't.

I also think that, if the Oline stays healthy this year, Ryan will shut most of his critics up.

Ryan is like 12th best QB in league

Rodgers

Brady

Peyton

Brees

Luck

Big Ben

Rivers

Eli

Wilson

Flacco

Romo

Ryan.

I would put Ryan ahead of at least half those guys, including Peyton and Brees.